Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

murthymsr

Hi,
This is my first post after a long gap. this thread and the contributions of josh1, raju and others, being the reason for it. Thank you all.

I have made a similar exercise and using it effectively to fetch live quotes from my broker's watch window and sending them to the charting SW.

The setup is:
1) The broker's market watch window has the facility to copy (Control-C) the contents.

2) Autohotkey (AHK) automates the text manipulation and converting it into a TXT file.

3) The TXT data is picked up by FCharts and rest depends on the TA software's capabilities. Of course, Amibroker also can pick up the data.

4) To further improvise on the efficiency, the array features of AHK-L can be used.

AHK (AutoIt3 may also be used) will make it platform independent and can be used in almost all environments.

I can not deliver the software as an application as I can not support it. But if josh1 or any other developer wants, I can share the code and screen shots, if it helps them in any way their present contributions.

Thanks to josh1 once again for his thread and the application.

murthymsr

lvgandhi

Hi,
This is my first post after a long gap. this thread and the contributions of josh1, raju and others, being the reason for it. Thank you all.

I have made a similar exercise and using it effectively to fetch live quotes from my broker's watch window and sending them to the charting SW.

The setup is:
1) The broker's market watch window has the facility to copy (Control-C) the contents.

2) Autohotkey (AHK) automates the text manipulation and converting it into a TXT file.

3) The TXT data is picked up by FCharts and rest depends on the TA software's capabilities. Of course, Amibroker also can pick up the data.

4) To further improvise on the efficiency, the array features of AHK-L can be used.

AHK (AutoIt3 may also be used) will make it platform independent and can be used in almost all environments.

I can not deliver the software as an application as I can not support it. But if josh1 or any other developer wants, I can share the code and screen shots, if it helps them in any way their present contributions.

Thanks to josh1 once again for his thread and the application.

murthymsr
Please do share Mr.Murthy.

RAMDAS

Ramdas has given method for taking NOW feed to MT4. See this thread
http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/...oftware-plus-free-data-feed-3.html#post517505

I am not using MT4. If it is capable of reading text files at specified interval, this utility can be used
Hi josh,

in NOW feed to MT4, Quotes comes from NOW to Excel through DDE Link.
Excel file VBA code generate one text file NOWTicker.txt Every one sec.
MT4 read NOWTicker.txt content quotes and update MT4 chart every 1 sec.
in whole process. from NOW to Price change on chart..time delay is atlest 2 sec.
Ref."http://niftyfno.forums-free.com/metatrader-4-realtime-chart-ticker-rt-gyn-v10-t72.html"

there is one excel file "TickerReaderNOW V10.xls" i posted in mention thread ...this excel file is very interesting.
When you click add name it automaticaly generate all NOW DDE Link's. so that you don't need to put it manualy,
in addition it also gives names to Quotes cells e.g "SBIN_lt". which is used to feed Realtime quotes to Amibroker.
"TickerReaderNOW V10.xls" can be used for NOW to MT4 as well as for Amibroker as it is.
You can view excel VBA codes..how i done it.

I have created another excel file which is not yet posted. but very interesting and usefull for amibroker. some clever ideas used it it.
in Amibroker feeding realtime quotes is very easy..and many uses that.
But for backfill people use different utility like stocklive or another.
it is possible to backfill 15day 1min data from google to Amibroker through excel with just one click. no need for any standalone software to do it.
One can directly backfill any stock or index data 1min 15day from google to Amibroker with excel itself.
I have not posted this excel file since need to arrange code in proper way.
if you want i can send you that excel file. so that you can add google backfill to Amibroker facility in excel tool you posted.
In this post i have highlighted important point's/tips which will help to imporve your current excel file

Last edited:

shivangi77

Hi josh
Everything is working fine for me but body of candle is not showing for me.
You can see in attached image that full body is shown till i backfilled with data downloader but when I started data fetching from excel sheet, body is invisible.
I am using google data
Can you plz help me out ?

Last edited:

lvgandhi

Sorry for repetition.
Has any one tried with
1)excel 2010 limited edition
2)excel 2010 student and home edition
If so what are the results?

tempest

Sorry for repetition.
Has any one tried with
1)excel 2010 limited edition
2)excel 2010 student and home edition
If so what are the results?
I did with excel 2010, win7, 64bit and had some issues. Excel would only come as read-only and hence did not show figures from NOW.

Anyway this weekend stumbled on Interactive Brokers and its looking very interesting. Their Brokerage rates look on par with zerodha etc but the platform looks tremendous ( TSL etc.) and best of all open Source API to connect to Ami or Ninjatrader at no charges. So no more having having ten different utilities on the pc ( broker, data feed, charting etc) :)
caveat emptor- not tried it myself but intend to. though they are on the official list on NSE data vendors

Anyway this is not to take away anything from this great utility from Josh and others from Ramdas :thumb:

Anyway this weekend stumbled on Interactive Brokers and its looking very interesting. Their Brokerage rates look on par with zerodha etc but the platform looks tremendous ( TSL etc.) and best of all open Source API to connect to Ami or Ninjatrader at no charges. So no more having having ten different utilities on the pc ( broker, data feed, charting etc) :)
caveat emptor- not tried it myself but intend to. though they are on the official list on NSE data vendors

Anyway this is not to take away anything from this great utility from Josh and others from Ramdas :thumb:
just saw their website, they are offering CM and F&O level 1 and level 2 data for free..sounds great

do let us know if you happen to open with them and share your experience as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.