Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

@josh1 Please respond to this issue. and is it possible to make the RTD to backfill intraday data for the selected list, for every 2 min or 5 min. because I feel that is the only way the issue can be solved. If you have any other thoughts please let me know. thanks
There is no solution to this issue since this is not an issue. I have experienced that it doesn't make a damn difference in trading if your trading rules are set right and you are observing them. As far as backfill is concerned, I never backfill unless there is a network outage. Backfill every 2 or 5 minutes will freeze your terminal for that period and you will not be able to trade during that time.
That said, if anyone one wants auto backfill at fixed intervals, they are free to modify code. It is open source.

john302928

There is no solution to this issue since this is not an issue. I have experienced that it doesn't make a damn difference in trading if your trading rules are set right and you are observing them. As far as backfill is concerned, I never backfill unless there is a network outage. Backfill every 2 or 5 minutes will freeze your terminal for that period and you will not be able to trade during that time.
That said, if anyone one wants auto backfill at fixed intervals, they are free to modify code. It is open source.
In the real time I monitored and i felt this is a big issue though you have proper trading plan. Say in the nest trader in realtime, if the high is formed 40.35 but its tick data that is transferred to amibroker will be like 40.Consider this as swing high and when you take a trade and you set this swing high as SL. But it supposed to be at 40.35 because that is the actual swing high based on nest trader. I faced this issue in the real time. In nest trader tick data is inline with the nse server (i hope so) but in amibroker tick data happens every sec or so. but within fraction of second lot of things going on in nest trader. they are missed in amibroker data. Though we go as per the trade plan, here we are using wrong data to set SL based on amibroker tick data . this will spoil the trade plan.Because I face it in the real time because of data mismatch. Anyway thanks.

josh1

@john302928
I keep my SL TSL 3pts away from S\R in case of BNF, 2pts away in case of NF, 15 paise away for TataSteel. I do not face this issue. Filter is meant for that.
Situation happened on Thursday 24-1-19 at 9:48 bar 3min. NEST/NOW data feed showed high of 27235 while GDFL, and NEST/NOW data table showed it at 27243.8. I was short. My SL(27238) 3 pts above 27235. BNF came up to 27236.7 and went down. So I feel that those differences are isolated transactions that do not make difference.
However, you cannot depend on any SL/TSL in case of options. You just can't depend on option charts since they are constantly losing value.

rmike

if the high is formed 40.35 but its tick data that is transferred to amibroker will be like 40
In nest trader tick data is inline with the nse server (i hope so) but in amibroker tick data happens every sec or so. but within fraction of second lot of things going on in nest trader. they are missed in amibroker data
Just to lay some misguided misconceptions to rest!!!

Firstly -- The NEST trader data is inline - Not with NSE but with the broker's omnesys server!!!

Secondly -- When @TracerBullet created the utility he did not just make a rtd transport mechanism but he created an RTD Server!!! What that effectively means is that the utility collects ALL ticks, creates a bar/ candle as per the time period selected by you (one second OR one minute) and pushes out that same candle upon completion to amibroker at the same selected rate!!!

The reason why the utility may miss out on some ticks is because of your network packet drop(s) OR as rightly pointed out by @josh1

Backfill every 2 or 5 minutes will freeze your terminal for that period
So therefore, you are asking for the implementation of that very thing which will cause misplaced ticks every two minutes or so!!!

There is a difference between misguided opinion/ perception and knowledge!!!

And this is coming straight to you from the only other guy to have waded into the utility's code apart from @josh1 and @TracerBullet (at least publicly)!!!

All the provided info is readily available in this and related threads. Do take a l'il bit effort to read them and probably some, much needed, enlightenment on the subject may dawn!!!

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Hey, rtdman gets realtime ticks from RTD server created by NEST/NOW. We get the ticks through callbacks from RTD server so it probably gets all of them that NEST/NOW sends. We get max say 3-5 ticks a second, RTDMan will accumulate them and send to AB periodically as defined.

There should be no missed ticks, but there is limit on how many ticks NEST/NOW can get real-time in this way. We are only getting some ticks from sampled data. This is generally good enough for me. What i also do is backfill from vwap stats ( or DT) as needed. Even this data wont be perfect but its the best possible from Nest/NOW and i am happy with it. Sometimes my order gets executed without price getting hit in charts, i just accept it as unavoidable and it does not matter. There is no perfection in trading either ...

Paid realtime feeders will probably also have some sort of automatic backfill integrated as network cant get all ticks in realtime.
And I dont know if they do, but they could have better sampled data ( ie better backfilled data).

Edit -
So therefore, you are asking for the implementation of that very thing which will cause misplaced ticks every two minutes or so!!!
I dont use RTD, so not familiar with this. If backfill causes some lost ticks, one possible issue could be due to backfill not having last few ticks.
This will only cause issue if backfill deletes data or uses TICKMODE 1. So if backfill has data till 10:05 then the ticks since 10:05 till now get lost.
I do use TICKMODE 1 and so what i do is to merge the backfill data with the missing ticks before importing in AB. RTDMan has option to export prices which can be used for this.

Last edited: