Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
If profit taking in a strong up move is being discussed,in case of such sustained,strong and steep up moves (or down moves),take part of the profits by trailing at low (or high )of each successively higher bars.This helps in running the profits as well as taking most of it.

So take most of your profits when the low of small red bar at the top (in Tata steel chart posted above) is cracked.

Smart_trade
Thanks ST sir for saving the day, please also clarify regarding 2bar stop loss/exit.
Regards
Vivek

Subhadip

Subhadeep ,

I have a question regarding Exits with Rally and Decline .Posted is below is short trade for Crude ,As per Rally Decline 2 bar concept ,Decline Ended on break of High of Bar 2,But the moment i exited their was a sharp Decline .

Please advice am i right in my approach or missing something.

use 5 point filter in crude...

Thanks ST sir for saving the day, please also clarify regarding 2bar stop loss/exit.
Regards
Vivek
2 bars stop/exit is to be used only after steep and sustained move.Most traders use 2 bars exit in case of small moves and exit prematurely.

In case of a down move with steep fall,few large bars then trail the profit taking level at high of previous two bars.It is based on the fact that after a steep fall the market stages a corrective rally at least so we protect most of our profits.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

Subhadip

Subhadeep bro ,

Today was a tough day with 2 MA method on Crude 5/15 TF.

Please see my trades entries and Exits and advice .TF=5TF ,Entries in Red Line ,Exits in Blue...Yelow Band is 15 TF EMA and Green Band is 5 TF MAs

Dear U have not understood two bar back method.
Study Rally & Decline ..

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
2 bars stop/exit is to be used only after steep and sustained move.Most traders use 2 bars exit in case of small moves and exit prematurely.

In case of a down move with steep fall,few large bars then trail the profit taking level at high of previous two bars.It is based on the fact that after a steep fall the market stages a corrective rally at least so we protect most of our profits.

Smart_trade
Thanks ST sir , today I got my first reply from you, forget about profit and loss, I am feeling happy. Please accept my heartfelt appreciation, as most of my understanding is based on following your posts.
Regards
Vivek

amandeep86

Dear U have not understood two bar back method.
Study Rally & Decline ..
Subhadeep Bro ,

Please post your charts for Entries and Exits on Crude as per 2 MA method.

Today was tough day

Subhadip

Also Subhadip can clarify if crude is better traded with 60/15 combo ! Instead of 5/15 ...... Once 60/15 mastered may as well move down
Right........go for 60/15...