Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

wisp

Dear Subhadip

A few set of queries on trends. I am posting 2 charts along with the doubts.

Chart 1
Price makes a higher low and trend turns SIDEWAYS.

Price move above VPH @ 8055. Is it an UPTREND now ? Can we go long above this VPH ?

Or we have to wait for a new VPH and higher VPL and then go long above this new VPH? As marked on the CHART No:1

Chart 2

Price in a DOWN TREND then it makes Higher High and trend turn SIDEWAYS.

Price moves down to make a fresh Lower Low by moving below the previous VPL has the trend turn DOWN or it is still SIDEWAYS ?

If the trend turns DN can we short below the low ?

SHEKHAR

CHART 1:

CHART 2:

Bro, there were some great posts by Tavnaz in VJAY's fish thread which is available here http://www.traderji.com/general-chit-chat/99771-what-happened-learn-fish-thread-3.html#post1102030 The thread was deleted, but it has been saved by nifty_trade. It will give you a good perspective on how to handle VPs I believe.

eku

10.19am bar was vpl,I shorted that.It failed
Then Long over 11.09am vph.

is this a right trade and the markings?

Subhadip

Dear Subhadip

A few set of queries on trends. I am posting 2 charts along with the doubts.

Chart 1
Price makes a higher low and trend turns SIDEWAYS.

Price move above VPH @ 8055. Is it an UPTREND now ? Can we go long above this VPH ?

Or we have to wait for a new VPH and higher VPL and then go long above this new VPH? As marked on the CHART No:1

Chart 2

Price in a DOWN TREND then it makes Higher High and trend turn SIDEWAYS.

Price moves down to make a fresh Lower Low by moving below the previous VPL has the trend turn DOWN or it is still SIDEWAYS ?

If the trend turns DN can we short below the low ?

SHEKHAR

CHART 1:

CHART 2:
Chart 1:
Go long at point one...SL that bar low..

Chart 2:
Short at the arrow u have pointed .

Subhadip

The method trades minor trend in the direction of Visual trend. Yesterday Nifty was in visual uptrend. In a visual UT, visual pivot gets formed when an mpl breaks (other than in ERL situations). THe method trades minor trend (in direction of visual trend) so when long, exit when minor trend turns down, i.e., when mpl breaks down. So how to reenter? Reenter when minor trend turns up (i.e., when an mph breaks to the up). HTH.
:thumb::clap::clapping:

Subhadip

dada,kitne points ka SL generally rakhte ho?
BNF 5 points, NF 3 points... Crude 5 points, I am talking about Filter.....

SL according to pivot low..

shekharinvest

Subhadip

On the given chart white horizontal line is an ERL. The long entry marked above ERL, Is it the right way to take long position ? Where should be the SL ?
Please note there is no mph and mpl above the ERL hence the question.

SHEKHAR

Chart :

Subhadip

Subhadip

On the given chart white horizontal line is an ERL. The long entry marked above ERL, Is it the right way to take long position ? Where should be the SL ?
Please note there is no mph and mpl above the ERL hence the question.

SHEKHAR

Chart :

SL at the violet mark or half of the big bar...

Nice pattern.. making of a great bullish setup....

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
In IDF rules when you say previous day up or down, do you mean the entire day trend or trend during the afternoon session?
any of seniors please guide.
thanks
regards
vivek