Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Subhadip

Sir
Sorry to bother you
But I am still not understanding..Increase lot size will decrease only brokerage cost..
But still Govt taxes & turnover cost will increase with lot size..
tax & turnover charges are some 120-150 rs per lot of nifty..which is fixed..means 2 point on every trade..
minimum 1 point slipaage on buy & 1 point on sell..so minimum 2 point slippage has to give..even lot size increase will increase slippage also..
so 4 point is fixed cost..which have to give on every trade
sorry for my dumb skull..but please explain
thanks
Check Zerodha web site...

Subhadip

Hi Subhadip,

Today I have taken two short trades on CrudeOIL. As price are below both MA so i trade only short on LTF.
60 M - 15 M combination
First trade hit SL and second went good. Below is my chart and can u please comment about first trade.

First trade was within range of yesterday second half. Generally avoid..
BTW SL should not be hit if kept over days high with some filter.

Actually I kept that 1965 (1960 + 5) and price did not touched that point but unfortunately my SL-M order gets executed. When asked in zerodha thread they told due to tick data it gets executed.:annoyed:

Shubhadeep bro
one confusion
2nd short trade was also in yesterday afternoon range?if we have to avoid 1 short trade due to yday afternoon range, then 2 short trade is also in same zone of ydays afternoon range? so whats the difference?
thanks

Continuation post to post no. 1580
regarding my interpretation of IDF
This covers the remaining two conditions:
Open Gap down into yesterday's range.
And
Open gap up in yesterday's range

It's based on STsir's input :
In both these conditions we should first let the visual pivots of today form, then go long or short at the break of today's visual pivot.

Below example is of open gap down in Yesterday's range

Any difference in interpretation or comprehension of IDF is totally unintended, the original post of IDF is post no.134 on page no.14 which should be interpreted individually. Any clarification may be addressed to the thread owner.
Thanks everybody
Dr. Vivek
Dear Vivek
I have gone through all charts posts by you..thanks for that..it will be really helpful to understand concepts in simple language & crystal clear..its so nice of you to share..it will help all..
In this chart, the 2 conditioned you mentioned..( highlighted in Red).Market opens gaup /down in yesterday's range..but in what trend..I mean in what condition..whats the yday trend?
Thanks

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Dear Vivek
I have gone through all charts posts by you..thanks for that..it will be really helpful to understand concepts in simple language & crystal clear..its so nice of you to share..it will help all..
In this chart, the 2 conditioned you mentioned..( highlighted in Red).Market opens gaup /down in yesterday's range..but in what trend..I mean in what condition..whats the yday trend?
Thanks
The above chart is yesterday's visual up, today open gap down in Yesterday's range.

As I haven't included the erl concept in this, it won't matter whether yesterday's trend was up or down, we are gonna wait for today's VPs to form and enter in the direction of their breakout or breakdown.
It's only if you include the concept of erl, for example, yesterday was visual up and today open was gap down in yesterday's range but above visual erl, we can go long (that is in yesterday's direction, our entry rule is liberal) at the break of today's mph (trend is aligned).
If however, yesterday was visual up and today open was gap down in Yesterday's range but below visual erl (as the open is relatively against yesterday's trend, we employ a more stricter condition of break of visual pivot) we enter long or short in the direction of visual pivot break.

Mirror the condition for yesterday's visual down.

But if we want to keep erl out of scheme of things (for now) and employ a more stricter entry rule in all these above mentioned conditions (that is let the vp form and enter in the direction of breakout), entry rule becomes simple, although, we may miss few entries or enter late, still we will be able to keep things simple and stupid.
Thanks
Vivek

Last edited:
The above chart is yesterday's visual up, today open gap down in Yesterday's range.

As I haven't included the erl concept in this, it won't matter whether yesterday's trend was up or down, we are gonna wait for today's VPs to form and enter in the direction of their breakout or breakdown.
It's only if you include the concept of erl, for example, yesterday was visual up and today open was gap down in yesterday's range but above visual erl, we can go long (that is in yesterday's direction, our entry rule is liberal) at the break of today's mph (trend is aligned).
If however, yesterday was visual up and today open was gap down in Yesterday's range but below visual erl (as the open is relatively against yesterday's trend, we employ a more stricter condition of break of visual pivot) we enter long or short in the direction of visual pivot break.

Mirror the condition for yesterday's visual down.

But if we want to keep erl out of scheme of things (for now) and employ a more stricter entry rule in all these above mentioned conditions (that is let the vp form and enter in the direction of breakout), entry rule becomes simple, although, we may miss few entries or enter late, still we will be able to keep things simple and stupid.
Thanks
Vivek
Hi Vivek
thanks for detailed reply..its really so nice of you!
I like your idea to keep things simple..KISS is only way to be profitable:D
KEEP IT SIMPLE& STUPID.
I am observing morning open trade rules on various charts..Have you been tradign those setups on different scrips? have you backtested or forward tested them? whats probabilty of sucess?Please share your experience regarding that?
If you try 2 ma method also..share about that also
Thanks

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I haven't traded 2 MA system, right from the beginning I was amazed by IDF. Also as I am no expert in amibroker (like vijkris),I can't do automated backtesting.
However I have done some manual backtesting and about 6months of forward testing in live market. Let me assure you that it is one of the best systems available on trader ji.
Regarding the other part of your query, please go through post #1585,1587,1589 Amandeep, Vijay and me had a discussion similar to your query.
Thanks
Vivek

I haven't traded 2 MA system, right from the beginning I was amazed by IDF. Also as I am no expert in amibroker (like vijkris),I can't do automated backtesting.
However I have done some manual backtesting and about 6months of forward testing in live market. Let me assure you that it is one of the best systems available on trader ji.
Regarding the other part of your query, please go through post #1585,1587,1589 Amandeep, Vijay and me had a discussion similar to your query.
Thanks
Vivek
Thanks Vivek for your reply..Its really helpful
Can you share some of your Trade setups here which has high probabilty of success..some of the setups which has given you success..If possible, please post some of those charts of those setups..
thanks