pc win xp problems

DanPickUp

@ Dan bro

rupee it seems better lower price ...earlier Eset having some problems like deleting some system files...but now they came better l8 w8 and power full also ...i found some pitfalls in escan so bought Nod SS interestingly its having anti theft facility too...which is of-course a + point...:thumb: always go for internet security and above suites ...dan bro G Data is a good choice pls give ur views about G D ...:)
@Godfather

I use G Data now only since a few day and so far I am fine with. It is huge, but it not slows down the system in any way. About Kaspersky: I think it is fine. Never used so can not comment on that. What is AVs? Do you mean AVG? AVG is a very good program and I used it now for years. But as told: For certain reasons I move away from IT software which companies are US based.

Take care / DanPickUp

godfather

@Godfather

I use G Data now only since a few day and so far I am fine with. It is huge, but it not slows down the system in any way. About Kaspersky: I think it is fine. Never used so can not comment on that. What is AVs? Do you mean AVG? AVG is a very good program and I used it now for years. But as told: For certain reasons I move away from IT software which companies are US based.

Take care / DanPickUp
dear Dan bro its antivirus i mentioned and i agree with u AVG is very good(Paid version)....and about fresh installation i have done it many times like
formatting entire drive were windows installed first one boot side we need with help of boot cd repair can also be done easily...if any we lost any file go for some data recovery software...job will be done...http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/

godfather

I think kaspersky not good it's best..........Other's AV slow my pc.........but Kaspersky.......I have no issue.......:thumb:
:) yes raj bhai kasp wont slow down pc but 2012 ver is better than 2013...:thumb: for 2013 ver link scanner is not active...always kasp maintained a high level of detection rate all through ...i am wont prefer kasp...

DanPickUp

dear Dan bro its antivirus i mentioned and i agree with u AVG is very good(Paid version)....and about fresh installation i have done it many times like
formatting entire drive were windows installed first one boot side we need with help of boot cd repair can also be done easily...if any we lost any file go for some data recovery software...job will be done...http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/
Me too was installing many times new systems on the laptop with at least three drives to split up the hard disk for different uses. I use Hiren's Boot CD for the backup.

What I never did: New formatting on an ongoing system which has only one partition C, but I also wanted to expand to have also D and E. Did you ever do that on an ongoing system and what little software did you use to do so?

4candles

Hi lvgandhi

Following Jahans advise - Since you said you were unable to restore your PC to any of the available restore point date opitions – I suspect your PC is infected, and may be the infected file is preventing you from using the restore option.

I strongly suggest to not use this PC for Internet banking , check your emails and other websites/applications which you believe might get compromised. And also change your passwords wherever necessary (banking etc) using your Laptop. It is better that you format (C Drive) and reinstall OS of your choice (ideally the latest or at least W.XP SP3).

Alternatively, if you do not want to go for it now and still want to use your PC than Dan’s advise is the best. Try using CCleaner (or trial version of System Mechanic or Tune Up Utilities – all three do the same except that the latter 2 have extra features) followed by RKill.
It usually happens that after a system has been used for a considerable amount of time, without proper maintenance, the system is cluttered with broken shortcuts, obsolete or damaged registries and defragmentation, hard disk error etc. CCleaner helps repair this issue. I have not used CCleaner or RKill but I believe together they both do what System Mechanic or Tune up do.

By the way you did not mention using any antivirus S/F other that scanning with microsoft security essentials?

NOTE:
Before you format your C Drive take a back up of all files that you feel is necessary. It is always better not to use C Drive to save/store your important files other than installing your S/F programs.

Extra Info [Links]:
1. Nearly 50 percent of Indian computers affected by virus between April and June 2013: Kaspersky
http://www.bgr.in/news/nearly-50-pe...-virus-between-april-and-june-2013-kaspersky/

2. Keystroke Logger Virus
http://www.securelist.com/en/analysis?pubid=204791931

[Even after taking all possible precaution we are vulnerable to threats in this fast changing IT world. But then it is better safe than sorry.]

Last edited: