pc win xp problems

godfather

Me too was installing many times new systems on the laptop with at least three drives to split up the hard disk for different uses. I use Hiren's Boot CD for the backup.

What I never did: New formatting on an ongoing system which has only one partition C, but I also wanted to expand to have also D and E. Did you ever do that on an ongoing system and what little software did you use to do so?
:) that little one i used partition magic ...yes for an ongoing drive with out formatting difficult...but for yours it can be easily done ...first load a boot cd then from which it will open bios there all options for formatting is available (xp) with out any software u can divide ur volume to any no of drives i have done it ...with the help of software it will be better....:) Google it bro...

4candles

@Ivgandhi

Question to the readers here: Did anyone ever make a new formating on a hard disk driver which is running a system and what tool did she/he use?

Take care / DanPickUp

Hi Dan

EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition

Complete free Edition works very well.

Link:
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

Edit:
Sorry Dan

You said Formatting and I mis Took it for Partation on existing Drive

Regards

Last edited:

DanPickUp

Thanks for that. :thumb:

Also thanks to 4candles. About miss toking: I guess it is my mistake, as I also confused that partition and formatting stuff. I mean: Formatting a partition and a partition new formatting and a formatted partition and so on can confuse, specially when English is not the mother tongue:confused::confused::lol: So no reason to feel sorry.

Take care / DanPickUp

lvgandhi

@Ivgandhi

rkill is an anlyzing tool and no reparing tool. Here is a repairing tool, also mentioned from Godfather: http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html It is windows repair and it really repairs broken and damaged files in most cases. But I am really no more sure if you have a software problem or may not some kind of loose contact between your heardware components.

Question to the readers here: Did anyone ever make a new formating on a hard disk driver which is running a system and what tool did she/he use?

Take care / DanPickUp
Thanks. I will try to use this repair tool.
I already tried. but no effect.

Last edited:

lvgandhi

Hi lvgandhi

Following Jahans advise - Since you said you were unable to restore your PC to any of the available restore point date opitions – I suspect your PC is infected, and may be the infected file is preventing you from using the restore option.

I strongly suggest to not use this PC for Internet banking , check your emails and other websites/applications which you believe might get compromised. And also change your passwords wherever necessary (banking etc) using your Laptop. It is better that you format (C Drive) and reinstall OS of your choice (ideally the latest or at least W.XP SP3).

Alternatively, if you do not want to go for it now and still want to use your PC than Dan’s advise is the best. Try using CCleaner (or trial version of System Mechanic or Tune Up Utilities – all three do the same except that the latter 2 have extra features) followed by RKill.
It usually happens that after a system has been used for a considerable amount of time, without proper maintenance, the system is cluttered with broken shortcuts, obsolete or damaged registries and defragmentation, hard disk error etc. CCleaner helps repair this issue. I have not used CCleaner or RKill but I believe together they both do what System Mechanic or Tune up do.

By the way you did not mention using any antivirus S/F other that scanning with microsoft security essentials?

NOTE:
Before you format your C Drive take a back up of all files that you feel is necessary. It is always better not to use C Drive to save/store your important files other than installing your S/F programs.

Extra Info [Links]:
1. Nearly 50 percent of Indian computers affected by virus between April and June 2013: Kaspersky
http://www.bgr.in/news/nearly-50-pe...-virus-between-april-and-june-2013-kaspersky/

2. Keystroke Logger Virus
http://www.securelist.com/en/analysis?pubid=204791931

[Even after taking all possible precaution we are vulnerable to threats in this fast changing IT world. But then it is better safe than sorry.]
Thanks.
I use MS security essentials. I also checked with another one mwav.exe suggested by Jahan. Both shows no virus.
I have used ccleaner for cleaning and reg checking. Still the problem persists.

I thank all who took their time for posting here. As I will be out of town and without net for next few days, I will not be able to post here. Please bear with me.

narayan78

Hi Dan

EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition

Complete free Edition works very well.

Link:
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
candles bhai, me too worked with that EaseUs tool good one.
(we can change the resize the partion or create partion even after the installation of OS )

precaution for first time users, back up important data before making changes :)

DanPickUp

Hi Dan

Do you know or understand Hindi or any Indian language?
We often comment in Hindi, Tamil etc here in TJ. Wonder if you understand.

:)

(You can ignore my Q if you dont want to answer)
No, I do not understand any Hindi nor do I understand any other Indian language. So I stay away from any thread or post which is too much related on Indian language. Sorry about that with respect to your culture and language. I think the language problem is not so important in that case, as it is a trading forum.

narayan78

If anybody want to learn/busy with computer there is a swiss knife. :)

Hiren's boot cd.

first time users learn with a spare PC or PC which needs service.

In computer repairing data is the important one.

never ever try to use any tool if backed up your data or data of the owner.

note:-while downloading t o r r e n t s always prefer private rather public

with cheers,
narayan.