pc win xp problems

VJAY

If you are doing clean Fresh Installation, do Take a disk Image using Macrium Reflect. Restoration from Image is just a matter of Few mins. You will have fully configured spic new system. :)
Dear hari,
Please explain restoration from image...means how to make it and how we reuse it :)

godfather

3).after doing this also if u can't succeed ....then from other computer download MWTI Tool kit by typing in google search....this mwti tool kit can be downloaded from www.mwti.net. run this .exe from safe mode ur problem will be solved in next boot.
jahan bro that one is escan i think . last year i used that one...nice AV lite w8 but now changed ....now using Eset SS

Last edited:

DanPickUp

jahan bro that one is escan i think . last year i used that one...nice AV lite w8 but now changed ....now using Eset SS
@Godfather

Eset SS is also an interesting choice. http://www.eset.com/us/home/products/smart-security/ Just checked it. Quit expensive, but when it comes to security we should not mind about a few what ever our currency is.

For certain reasons I move more and more away from any USA based IT company. I am still with Windows, but will sooner or later change to Linux products. I now changed to G Data, which is located in Europe and also has a bank guard browser protection. May something Rajgreenpeace is interested in.

Take care / DanPickUp

narayan78

As Dan bhai said,

yes Eset ss is good one , when compared NAV it won't take much resources or slow down system.

some free AV while cleaning the virus deletes system files in turn system hangs up.(no use of the Anti virus-- when it cleans virus and hangs u r system).

important- for extra protection don't install more than one antivirus, since small part of the AV-program resides in the memory makes conflict with the other one. (this will also result in computer hang)

when buying Eset you have to choose Eset-AV(antivirus) or Eset-ss(smart security). later one is best because it will be having antivirus with firewall feature.(useful for online activity scans mail etc..,)

just checked esetindia , rupees it seems better ;) .

http://www.esetindia.com/shop/new/home/ or u can go to computer market and purchase.

with cheers :)
narayan.

lvgandhi

@Ivgandhi

I could now post more software tools you could use, but that seems to be useless, as at least one of the steps you did try unitl now should have brought any improvement. As you told, that you even tried the restore tool and that gave no improvement of the situation, then you have to think now what you will do as next step.

Will you try further steps from Jahans post or will you go to an IT shop and tell them your problem or will you make a complete new installation of the whole system over the weekend, as you any way once a year should make a whole clean up of your hard disk and install the system new or from a back up you have from your first installed system?

If you know how to do a complete new installation, in case you do not have such a back up mentioned above, make this time a drive C for the system, a drive D for your documents, a drive E for the system backup and a drive F for what ever may comes. Easy to do with any installation CD from Windows.

DanPickUp
From Jahans advice only left is formatting.
As I will be leaving for USA, in another two weeks, I would not disturb it as it needs time and my lptop with win8 is in working condition.
However I will try today evening rkill and come back.

godfather

@Godfather

Eset SS is also an interesting choice. http://www.eset.com/us/home/products/smart-security/ Just checked it. Quit expensive, but when it comes to security we should not mind about a few what ever our currency is.

For certain reasons I move more and more away from any USA based IT company. I am still with Windows, but will sooner or later change to Linux products. I now changed to G Data, which is located in Europe and also has a bank guard browser protection. May something Rajgreenpeace is interested in.

Take care / DanPickUp
@ Dan bro

rupee it seems better lower price ...earlier Eset having some problems like deleting some system files...but now they came better l8 w8 and power full also ...i found some pitfalls in escan so bought Nod SS interestingly its having anti theft facility too...which is of-course a + point...:thumb: always go for internet security and above suites ...dan bro G Data is a good choice pls give ur views about G D ...:)

godfather

As Dan bhai said,

yes Eset ss is good one , when compared NAV it won't take much resources or slow down system.

some free AV while cleaning the virus deletes system files in turn system hangs up.(no use of the Anti virus-- when it cleans virus and hangs u r system).

important- for extra protection don't install more than one antivirus, since small part of the AV-program resides in the memory makes conflict with the other one. (this will also result in computer hang)

when buying Eset you have to choose Eset-AV(antivirus) or Eset-ss(smart security). later one is best because it will be having antivirus with firewall feature.(useful for online activity scans mail etc..,)

just checked esetindia , rupees it seems better ;) .

http://www.esetindia.com/shop/new/home/ or u can go to computer market and purchase.

with cheers :)
narayan.
u said it r8 NAV is slow one i tried N360 it also a good choice butt high price with some + points ..Nod SS wont take much memory and main thing i found is that it will be adjusted to ur using mode when put into interactive mode it takes one or two day it will define rules like that :D

DanPickUp

From Jahans advice only left is formatting.
As I will be leaving for USA, in another two weeks, I would not disturb it as it needs time and my lptop with win8 is in working condition.
However I will try today evening rkill and come back.
@Ivgandhi

rkill is an anlyzing tool and no reparing tool. Here is a repairing tool, also mentioned from Godfather: http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html It is windows repair and it really repairs broken and damaged files in most cases. But I am really no more sure if you have a software problem or may not some kind of loose contact between your heardware components.

Question to the readers here: Did anyone ever make a new formating on a hard disk driver which is running a system and what tool did she/he use?

Take care / DanPickUp