Paper Trading your system- Is it needed?

DanPickUp

:thumb: I understand it sir. I will see to it that i abide by the rules. Personalities and behavior differs from person to person. It would be highly appreciated if not linked based on past not so good experiences with others(as the last trade result has nothing to do with present trade.:D). I also hope that there wont be any discrimination merely based on age. About real good money: who knows sir?:) I appreciate your openness Dan.

Thanks.
Phantom.
@Phantom

Do not worry about all my comments. Some are in testing/subtle provocative forms just to see how the spotted once act. When getting the answers to it, it shows in many cases a lot from the person behind it. So good, deep and clever answers have always my respect. You got my respect. :D

Wish you all the best and take care / DanPickUp

Mr.G

Just PM me if you ever wanna learn fundamental analysis. There are still a few 10%ers who still appreciate me.

So you are saying that the owner of a big brokerage house, likely making a **** load of money every second will specially commit funds to catch your stops?

What you see is not the broker, but the general populace selling and getting out of the trend. A single broker cannot and will not commit such big amount on his personal account just to catch stops from clients at his firm.

That money would rather be used in other desks like arbitrage or consolidating positions of clients.

General populace are not able to sell in a split second. Their moves are most likely with lot of disturbances in a 1 sec line chart. The single whipsaw moves come from a single trader or firm. There are fast whipsaw moves and there are slow ones. I feel the slow ones are usually carried out by high frequency trading terminals running algorithm.

Talking about broker, I mean to say the big owners of branded brokerage trading firms. I am not saying the franchise type brokers. The big ones have enough money and technology to change trend or play with it all day long.

Trading is a fishing game. We do not know what is happening anything other than what we see on our screen. We can only guess or predict.

Trading is a fishing game. We do not know what is happening anything other than what we see on our screen. We can only guess or predict.
I see this happening all the time. Big Killer whales engulfing small retail traders, especially the classical TA following herd(eg. Pivot break out system followers).

I will post some charts sometime later to show how novice traders get trapped by smart money. These are just my observations and would invite some healthy discussions.

Thanks.:)
Phantom.

Last edited:
I see this happening all the time. Big Killer whales engulfing small retail traders, especially the classical TA following herd(eg. Pivot break out system followers).

I will post some charts sometime later to show how novice traders get trapped by smart money. These are just my observations and would invite some healthy discussions. Any member in here using Fibonacci retracements and extensions extensively? Would be needing their help to take the concept to higher level.

Phantom.
Here are some charts to explain the above mentioned phenomenon.

These are just handful of examples though. I see this happening over and over again and see novice getting trapped. The intention of this post is just to help novice from being getting trapped.

Phantom.

Here are some charts to explain the above mentioned phenomenon.

These are just handful of examples though. I see this happening over and over again and see novice getting trapped. The intention of this post is just to help novice from being getting trapped.

Phantom.
What an excellent post Phantom:thumb:
Thanks for taking the initiative to outline this issue.

How about a thread to discuss this issue?

What an excellent post Phantom:thumb:
Thanks for taking the initiative to outline this issue.

How about a thread to discuss this issue?
Sure carbonway, but lets just wait to see the response of others, if member's herein are interested and ready to put forward the efforts needed to develop this and if time permits, i ll surely go forward with it. However i need to know if there are any member's here who have knowlegde of using fibonacci clusters as that would serve us to project these reversal areas well in advance on our charts.:thumb:

Phantom.

Sure carbonway, but lets just wait to see the response of others, if member's herein are interested and ready to put forward the efforts needed to develop this and if time permits, i ll surely go forward with it. However i need to know if there are any member's here who have knowlegde of using fibonacci clusters as that would serve us to project these reversal areas well in advance on our charts.:thumb:

Phantom.
I think people will pour in after they start reading a topic. I have seen this psycology work on internet forums. People usually wait for a topic to get started ...
But never have I come across a thread that outlines strategies of big traders. Everyones too busy thinking about their own strategy for the market.

I will look into fibonacci clusters....may be I could be of help.

I think people will pour in after they start reading a topic. I have seen this psycology work on internet forums. People usually wait for a topic to get started ...
But never have I come across a thread that outlines strategies of big traders. Everyones too busy thinking about their own strategy for the market.

I will look into fibonacci clusters....may be I could be of help.
Carbonway, my intention with the above theory was just to give some insight to newbies about how they get trapped by just following classical TA. Technical Analysis do work, but not exactly the way it is mentioned everywhere-books, forums, seminars etc. as everyone uses it the same way.You need to tweak them a little to make them work and see from a whole different perspective(this is just my belief from what little experience i have.) The above was just a example of this can be done.:)
I do use this in my analysis but not exactly the way mentioned above. The above is just a raw idea and needs improvements.

Due to my various other commitments i don't think i would be in a position to maintain the flow and time required to go ahead with it's development and thread. However, now that you are aware of the above phenomenon and know what you would need to proceed ahead with development, why don't you start a new thread by yourself? I would be glad to give my inputs with whatever little knowledge i have. There are many more experienced traders in here who might provide better assistance then myself.:)

Phantom.