Paper Trade of 315 Strategy

SavantGarde

Hi Ravinder,

If the difference between Spot and Future comes down to 15 odd bucks then...would prefer Futures over Cash....am not aware what the difference is presently.

I have liked it from 136-142 levels... even at 400 levels I was literally begging people to buy it.... considering I am purely a Futures Trader.... what would you like me to suggest..... personally I just start keeping hawkeye moment it goes below 1000........:)

Looks difficult at the moment for it to break 938 levels....

Anyways let me not clutter this thread anymore than I have already done....since it deals with SH315

Happy & Safer Trading

SG

Ok, thanks for updation SG, but what u suggest???? buy in cash or short sell in future???

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for the chart!
Did u noticed now one thing.. stock(tata motors) is buy as per 315 in cash and short sell in future.. Same stock with two opposite signals using same strategy..
Good Observation.

Last edited:

rkkarnani

Thanks for the chart!
Did u noticed now one thing.. stock(tata motors) is buy as per 315 in cash and short sell in future.. Same stock with two opposite signals using same strategy..
ravinder, it is wrong to say that the same strategy is giving "opposite" signals for Cash and Futures of the same share!!

My view is for what it is worth, That Tata Motors gave a SELL on 17th May in both Cash and Futures NOW Cash has given a Long signal and Future has not!!
One is not to Short In future now as it was already Short from 1186 and gave an opportunity upto 925...

Moreover as pointed out by SG, one has to take into consideration the Dividend, the share in Cash/Spot , apart from other factors , will go down by the amount of Dividend as and when the Record date comes. As the ExDividend date is in July you will find greater difference in the Cash and futures rate in July than is normally is there.

rh6996

Ok thanks,,,, no problem..

While paper trading we are not afraid of whipsaws but when it comes to trade with real money then these whipsaws are quity painfull....

Have u developed any tool to avoid such whipsaws?
Hi Ravinder, there is another member by same/similar name.. he has posted his idea about handling the 315 trades. You may go through post by rkkarnani in the thread. Most of us here follow the SH strategy as prescribed and happy with it as the returns are decent if traded with discipline. As rkk had put it whipsaws are not only painful but also disturbs your resolve to be disciplined. His strategy at times gives lesser returns but allows one to maintain his position. I did try it and honestly but left it midway, there was, it seemed to me a lot less mechanical!! But suggest do have a look.
Regards

1 lot Long in Relinfra at 579 and 2 lot long in sail 139.1