OrderMan - Ordering interface for NOW + Amibroker

TracerBullet

Sir Automation (without API) -->3 Seconds delay (from Ami signal to Trade execution) can be considered good ?

I had used Paid RoboTrader (Rs. 2200 p m) in the past and the delay was abt 5 seconds or less
And now in my own homemade automation, least recorded delay was 3 seconds and max 4 seconds---> upto trade execution (not just order placement).

Thnx n Rgrds
I have no idea how much latency you need for your automation.

Most of the time, order placement should happen within a second or less, but there are no guarantees. If GUI behaves oddly or if there is a bug, or if GUI changes in a an update, it can get stuck too. Execution depends on broker and order type. You can use Orderman to get an idea of general latency and if its suits you, then use it. You will have to modify code as per your needs to handle automation and anything else that you might need.
Also, note that this is not widely tested yet, but its stable for my use. I dont feel comfortable sending orders without supervison - so do take care to test it + you mods thouroughly.

@Tracerbullet

as the present setup of orderman does not allow to take contra trades meaning if we have entered long, there is no way to put an advance short sl order to enter short until the long in hand is closed, I have made two copies of orderman folder and renamed them ordermanbuy and orderman short, then in each individual GUI.ahk Set the toggle to only B in odermanbuy and S in odermanshort folders and also setinit gui one to B and other to s only. todays evening session I will run them both concurrently one dedicated to long only and other to short. will revert with result.
yes, allowing multiple trades to handle these kind of things is part of future plan. But no timeline. You can use two instances as workaround.

meantime like passing tooltip values of amibroker to orderman, is it possible to make orderman to read and populate/update the entry, stop and target values from a txt or csv file automatically as an when these files update?? where shud I look for making such a modification. many thanks in advance.

yes, you will have to code it. Look at trade.ahk - See example use of order/orderbook class through Trade.create() and Trade.update() functions. Modify them as you need. A crude way will be to read your order file few times a second and trigger orders. But be careful that its not triggered midway ( example you might save while editing entry price - say with value set as 15 instead of 151)

Anyway, in future i will link it with RTDMan exported prices - so it will be able to read scrip's current price and warn if there is some bad values.

boarders

yes, you will have to code it. Look at trade.ahk - See example use of order/orderbook class through Trade.create() and Trade.update() functions. Modify them as you need. A crude way will be to read your order file few times a second and trigger orders. But be careful that its not triggered midway ( example you might save while editing entry price - say with value set as 15 instead of 151)

Anyway, in future i will link it with RTDMan exported prices - so it will be able to read scrip's current price and warn if there is some bad values.
thanks for your inputs. I have already made ninja to make a csv or txt file with these values whenever a new bar forms. so that part is automated. will look at create and update and will revert with progress.

Aman1

while placing order these two dialogue boxes open. Is this normal?

And one more thing. What exactly does the link button do? what should it be used for?

TracerBullet

while placing order these two dialogue boxes open. Is this normal?

And one more thing. What exactly does the link button do? what should it be used for?
1) This means that it is unable to find new order. So you need to verify manually in orderbook. If it was created successfully, say yes. it will try to find it once more. It is possible that the error is a bug. But with AutoSubmit=true and during live trading i never get this, if you do let me know.

2) Link allows you to link to already open orders. So say if above is a bug and OM is unable to find order. Just say no and link manually. This doesnt happen usually but is fallback option for possible bugs. Also note that if you restart orderman during open trade, it should link automatically.

TracerBullet

Added option to choose from multiple scrips.
1) Set the list of scrips in orderman.ini as below. Names are just aliases that you will see in GUI
Code:
ScripList = SBIN|TM|TS|AXIS|ICICI
2) set ini for each scrip in OrderMan\scrips. Use SBIN.ini as template. So you need 1 ini for each scrip.

Once setup, Orderman will show scrips as dropdown box. I have done basic testing and taken a live trade, but do test it before use.

You can download from here. This link should always have the latest release source code. Just take Orderman from within it.

TracerBullet

Thanks TB. But its for NOW. Plz upload this latest version for NEST.
Initial support for NEST is done. I have tested it on SAS. Snake Head has tested it on RKSV/Zerodha. Test it and report.
NEST can be different for each broker, so if it doesnt work - someone will have to setup Nest.ahk constants for that broker. boarders's Nest for example has couple of tweaks needed vs above.

Anyway, next version will have some basic exception handling. This should indicate if there is a problem right away instead of (sometimes) hiding it - so you may want to wait for it.

@boarders - which broker do you use?