Online Trading

How does your broker allow you to trade?

• Personal Visit

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Phone Call (including SMS)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Internet Order

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • Visit or Call

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Call or Order Online

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Visit or Call or Order Online

Votes: 52 32.5%

• Total voters
Re: Online Trading - Only Geojit is the best!

There are so many brokerages house giving less brokerage and better service to name few are Ventura, Religare, Sherkhan, Inventure Angle etc etc. Services too are more or less same. There is discount broker Zerodha in Banglore charges only 20 rupees brokerage per trade. so u see u have choice.

D

darkstar

Brokerages for Internet Trading:
Square Off - 0.03%
Delivery - 0.30%
F & O - Rs. 75 per lot

Digital Contract Notes (DCN) and Power of Attorney(POA) make it truly an online system. No need to sign the slips when you sell. Money is also debited and credited directly to your bank account.

Brokerages for Offline (visit or phone) Trading:
Square Off - 0.10%
Delivery - 0.75%
F & O - ?

Demat Charges
Buy - Nil
Sell - Rs. 10 (with DCN) Rs. 15 (without DCN)
Account Opening - Nil
Holding Charges - Nil
Annual Maintenance - Rs. 250

Transaction charges, securities transaction tax, service tax and education cess extra.
it is too costly for serious trader religare provide all this facility at half of there brokerage also allow short sell

columbus

There are so many brokerages house giving less brokerage and better service to name few are Ventura, Religare, Sherkhan, Inventure Angle etc etc. Services too are more or less same. There is discount broker Zerodha in Banglore charges only 20 rupees brokerage per trade. so u see u have choice.
Few years back ,GEOJIT was charging 75/-per lot and Nifty lot was 100.
I opened an account was them ,at that time there were NO cheaper
brokers as available today.At that time Nifty was made into 2 lots with
50 each.Accordingly ,I expected GEOJIT would further reduce the brokerage.
But they did not, I never traded on GEOJIT.Anyway lot of GULF money making
way into Geojit.

Subhadip

Few years back ,GEOJIT was charging 75/-per lot and Nifty lot was 100.
I opened an account was them ,at that time there were NO cheaper
brokers as available today.At that time Nifty was made into 2 lots with
50 each.Accordingly ,I expected GEOJIT would further reduce the brokerage.
But they did not, I never traded on GEOJIT.Anyway lot of GULF money making
way into Geojit.
HELLO sir columbus..have u changed the trading platform from sharekhan to zerodha?
where do u see the charts now?
how is the NOW platform sir..

hiii everybody can anyone suggest branded,reliable broker with low brokerage?pls mention your brokerage pattern..

Kotak is the most pathetic serivce provider I have ever come across. I was being charged exorbitant amounts by Sharekhan so i decided to switch to Kotak's recently launched Keat Pro (whatever that is). Turns out I can't download software at work so I end up using their website trading platform
The website is the slowest thing on earth. Firstly it takes 3-4 attempts to log in (never faced this with Sharekhan). Then in a few seconds I get disconnected & the same cycle is repeated.
They lured me through their attractive options charges (Rs 50 per lot) but turns out they have some funny charges like .002% on total turnover (not charged by others) which beefs it up to 70-75 per lot.
Kotak's customer service lines are always busy no matter when you call & the guy who opened my account (clearly he had no incentive in maintaining it) seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth
The happy ending is that Sharekhan has revised my charges & I am shutting down this sham of a trading platform called Kotak. Net Net.. Thumbs up to Sharekhan and Kotak has a long way to go..

Geojit's charts efficiency is to be increased. Their Charts don't give moving ticker at the right hand side. One has to put the mouse to know the price. Besides, multiple charts cannot be viewed in the same web page showing moving prices, so that one can trade easily. One has to surf to another page to view professional chart , without which one cannot make informed trade. The Volumes are given by Area chart. One would wish if it were bar chart for Volumes. We cannot trade from professional chart as well. Also we cannot resize the charts . If they improve these aspects, Geojit can be a good broker. There are certain good aspects like robust back office support, market wizard support, price alert facility etc.

Reliance money is also good...improved platform. If somebody wants to trade fno...zirodha is best. 20 rs irrespective of volume.

zirodha.com. I use reliance money for trading.