ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Pra,

Thanks for the information, I will check this out.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Hi,

Way 2 wealth broker gives their client for trading Nest terminal. So, pl, request to you for your next version , chartsdata able to fetch data from nest.

thanks

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Vepul,

Looks like you should have installed numerous data extraction softwares - don't worry, chartsdata will not interrupt with others.

Just make sure that chartsdata dll/ocx files are registered successfully and you can find the dll/ocx files in chartsdata installation directory. This will be done automatically but in case, if not done then you can do it manually by applying below commands

1. Go to command promt and browse to chartsdata installation directory
2. Type "Regsvr32 <<filename>>.dll" or "Regsvr32 <<filename>>.ocx" and click Enter
3. You must get a mesage saying that the component was successfully registered - else, check whether you have administrator rights as it is must to run chartsdata.
4. If running in system other than XP - go to Control Panel--Programe--Run programe made for previous version of windows--add that programe as suggested by Nehal.

If you mail me the snapshot of the error, it would be easy to identify where the issue is.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

I m facing problem to acces limited v1 of chartsdata so pls gide me how can i configer it hear i M EXPLAIN WHAT I M UNDERSTAND IS "METALIB.DLL"
I M TRY TO FATCH ODIN DATA FOR FNO DATA

Dear Loganathan sir
I am using your software from last 7 days. I have question about metastock.
Can we reduce refresh interval time for metastock from 5 second to 2 second
or real time
thank u

Dear Kuthapi,

Yes, it is possible but CPU utilization will be high ranging from 75 to 85% most of the time and results in hung-up of several other applications - this is the reason for a minimum 5seconds time interval for Metastock.

I will try to reduce it in future versions but as of now, I recommend best time interval for Metastock refresh is 10 or 15seconds.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Dear Loganathan sir
I am using your software from last 7 days. I have question about metastock.
Can we reduce refresh interval time for metastock from 5 second to 2 second
or real time
thank u

Dear Techdump,
Congratulations for the amazing work you are doing for this community.

I do not use FCharts or any such charting application, all I need is a way to get live streaming market watch data (Bid Ask quotes and quantities) from ODIN TO EXCEL. In some other (old) thread someone suggested right clicking on the scrip name and getting an export to excel option. Unfortunately I don't get any such thing on my ODIN Diet.

Any help (or even directions for coding this) will be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Dear Techdump
First of all Thank you for provide this type of software for us. I have two question
1) How i get nifty future intraday data from ChartsData? Still now I working with nifty spot intraday data..It's works fine

2) How i get intraday data from oddin client version through ChartsData or where i can get?

Thank you
Soumen

Dear MightyWings,

Thanks. You need to be a sub-broker to get enabled the option of getting ODIN data's in excel via ODIN Client otherwise the option will be disabled.

But with the help of chartsdata, you can get ODIN live data in excel - install chartsdata limited version and find a file named ExcelUpdate.xls in the chartsdata installation folder. Open this file, enable the macro, start chartsdata and select market watch list name to see chartsdata watchlist was updating with ODIN data real-time. Choose ODIN sheet in ExcelUpdate.xls (chosen by default) and click START button on top-right to see ODIN data updated in excel sheet every 5 seconds.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Dear Techdump,
Congratulations for the amazing work you are doing for this community.

I do not use FCharts or any such charting application, all I need is a way to get live streaming market watch data (Bid Ask quotes and quantities) from ODIN TO EXCEL. In some other (old) thread someone suggested right clicking on the scrip name and getting an export to excel option. Unfortunately I don't get any such thing on my ODIN Diet.

Any help (or even directions for coding this) will be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Dear Soumen,

1. You can get nifty future intraday via ODIN - choose nifty future in ODIN and you can see the same updated real-time in chartsdata watchlist. For instance, if you have chosen November month Nifty, then Nifty_Nov is the symbol name created for TA charts like Nifty_Spt for Nifty spot.

2. ChartsData will work fine with most of the versions of ODIN Diet but not with ODIN Client as ODIN client was used by sub-brokers.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Dear Techdump
First of all Thank you for provide this type of software for us. I have two question
1) How i get nifty future intraday data from ChartsData? Still now I working with nifty spot intraday data..It's works fine

2) How i get intraday data from oddin client version through ChartsData or where i can get?

Thank you
Soumen

Dear lognathan
i have installed your programme but it does not send data in metastock folder always shows folder empty have u disallowed use of trading software in limited version? i have
rajeevtried all your suggestion ie opening metastock before opening chartsdata.also opened update before blackfill please advice.
thanks

Dear Loganathan

I trade with TT Advance of India Infoline. I am very new to Amibroker, just heard about it few days ago, downloaded Trial version and installed. Then, I came through Chartsdata for fetching RT data to Amibroker.
While configuring Amibroker with Chartsdata, I am facing a problem in initial stage, it says

" The directory where Amibroker database will be created MUST BE EMPTY.You selected the one which is not empty: 'C:\Chartsdata\Amibroker' "

and configuration process held up HERE only.

Can you please guide me through to overcome this issue?

Thanks and Regards !

Anil