NSE DataExtractor for FCharts

pkjha30

mkshekar said:
Hi pankaj :( . iam unable access your briefcase at rediff. How do i download your new data extractor? pl guide me. with regards
hi mkshekhar

If you click on the link posted in my earlier post you will access my shared folder.Click on it and shared folder will open listing all files.This is the last file and new name of the file is DataExtractor.zip. Perhaps, you are using dialup in which case 1.49 mb will be quite painful to download.If you want I can send it to you by Email.Send a mail to this effect at [email protected].

warm regards
Pankaj

srisara said:
Friends,

I have enhanced the NSE Data Extractor to include

1. Extract Data in MetaStock Format
2. Queries only for working days (no Sat, Sunday)
3. Fixed any known bugs.

I have passed the file to one of our memeber, so that he can upload it to his Yahoo! BriefCase.

hmp: I am still trying to avoid Excel. But wasnt able to succeed. Is it possible for you to install Ms-Office?

So, wait for more news here.

Regards
Satya
Hi Satya,

My congratulations on the excellent work you are doing. I have been able to download NSE data from 1994 using the first version of the software. I use Metastock ; so I need the data in Metastock Downloader readable format. I was thrilled when the new version was uploaded as it claimed that it can extract data in Metastock format. However, when I ran the programme, it behaved exactly as the first version. The extracted data was in FCharts readable format.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but the problem remains. Do I need to delete any entries from the old version in the registry to get the new version to work?

Extracted data need to be in the following format to be readable by the Metastock Downloader :

<date>,<ticker>,<open>,<high>,<low>,<close>,<vol>
20040726,ABB,714.9,720,705.5,715.75,11917
20040726,ACC,236,242.45,234.6,239.9,2518490
20040726,BAJAJAUTO,847,848,827.1,832.75,120671
20040726,BHARTI,149,154.65,149,150.75,5393972

Keep up the good work.

Debraj

Hi satya. How do I merge nse symbls with yahoo symbols that, I and so many others have been collecting so far.
I think you need to facilitate downloading of yahoo symbols in your extractor. or am i wrong?. pl enlighten us. thnk you .regards. shekar

hii i am new to this forum and thread. just came to know that lot of people here are using metastock. but unfortunaltely i am not able to use it properly. to start with i don't know how to get the data for metastock to run it. where to get this data is it paid or is it free somebody please help me with metastock usage.

Regards

srisara said:
Friends,

I have developed a small utility file for extracting EOD from the NSE Site. You can extract data for any number of years.

Steps to Follow:

1. Enter the From Date and To Date for which Data is Required.
2. Select a Folder where you want the Program to Dump the Data.
3. Click on the Process Button to get the Data
4. If you are behind Proxy Server, Please enter Proxy Details by clicking on the Proxy Button and Checking the Proxy Check Box.

Note: Stock Spilt is not taken Care Of. Only NSE Data is extracted for the time being.

I have the dream to implement the same for MetaStock. Hope, I will be successful.

I have data from year 2003 to 2005 but cannot attach as it came to 8 MB.
Hope it will be useful to all.

Regards
Satya :)

it is not working it gives massage
MSINET.OCX is missing or not correctly registred. my email is [email protected]

pkjha30

sramrutia said:
it is not working it gives massage
MSINET.OCX is missing or not correctly registred. my email is [email protected]
Hi
You can install msinet.ocx from the installation cd of your Operating system Window 95/98 (I am assuming) or you can download its copy from the net(Microsoft website) and install. the problem will be solved.

Microsoft Internet Transfer Control (MSINET.OCX)
The Microsoft Internet Transfer Control (MSINET.OCX) file is installed in one of the following locations on your computer: C:\WINDOWS\system
C:\WINDOWS\system32

You can also download it from http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=27739

OCX components are required to be properly registered to function. Use the following command "Regsvr32 MSINET.ocx" (without quotes, of course.)

regards
Pankaj