NSE DataExtractor for FCharts

srisara said:
Friends,

I have developed a small utility file for extracting EOD from the NSE Site. You can extract data for any number of years.

Steps to Follow:

1. Enter the From Date and To Date for which Data is Required.
2. Select a Folder where you want the Program to Dump the Data.
3. Click on the Process Button to get the Data
4. If you are behind Proxy Server, Please enter Proxy Details by clicking on the Proxy Button and Checking the Proxy Check Box.

Note: Stock Spilt is not taken Care Of. Only NSE Data is extracted for the time being.

I have the dream to implement the same for MetaStock. Hope, I will be successful.

I have data from year 2003 to 2005 but cannot attach as it came to 8 MB.
Hope it will be useful to all.

Regards
Satya :)

it is not working and giving error at initial stage

karthikmarar

Dear Srisara

I tried your Data Extractor Utility. It is able to to download nicely. However the programme is not able to skip the market holidays. When it comes to market holidays it is trying to get the bhav copy for that day. However since no bhav copy exists the programme hangs it does not proceed to the next date. I can see the message "requested object does not exist inthe server..." in the central box. If you set right this problem the utility will be a very nice one. I am sure you will be able to overcome this problem. Goodluck.. My compliments on the nice work done.

karthik

Friends,

I have enhanced the NSE Data Extractor to include

1. Extract Data in MetaStock Format
2. Queries only for working days (no Sat, Sunday)
3. Fixed any known bugs.

I have passed the file to one of our memeber, so that he can upload it to his Yahoo! BriefCase.

hmp: I am still trying to avoid Excel. But wasnt able to succeed. Is it possible for you to install Ms-Office?

So, wait for more news here.

Regards
Satya

pkjha30

Hi
i have uploaded the latest file to http://briefcase.rediff.com/bn/br/pjhapondy . Sorry for the little delay as I was pretty tied up elsewhere and didnot check mail.
Members can download it from the above address.I could not run the file though.
He has also requested to upload historical data for NSE 2003-05. What is members' comments on the rerquest.I would certainly like to help.

kind regards
Pankaj

mkshekar said:
Hi satya. I am eagerly awaiting your new upload to download data from nse in metastrock format. you are doing an wonderful job. keep it up.
Hi mkshekar

Check out http://trader.e2uhosting.com
It is a site which I have setup for downloading EOD quotes
Besides you can also download NSE bhav copy in Metastock format
Bhav copies from 1.1.2002 to 13.7.2005 have been uploaded

Regards!
trader9

Hi pankaj :( . iam unable access your briefcase at rediff. How do i download your new data extractor? pl guide me. with regards

Last edited:

pkjha30

mkshekar said:
Hi pankaj. i tried your extractor. it is quite good. and the new one thats uploaded. does it use nse symbols or yahoo symbols? with regards. shekar
Hi
this is developped by srisara. I have just put it in my shared folder of briefcase.. Perhaps srisara can reply.
Regards.
pankaj