NSE DataExtractor for FCharts

srisara said:
Hello,

As i told there was some problem, with the one i attached. I have the latest setup file with me (which has all system dependent files, which i forgot to include).

The size is around 1 M.B, and i am finding how to share it with others. I can send to your email ids (other than gmail).

already i sent the copies to some people. my e-mail id is [email protected].

Satya
Please send it to my email [email protected]
Thanking you in advance

pkjha30

srisara said:
Hello,

As i told there was some problem, with the one i attached. I have the latest setup file with me (which has all system dependent files, which i forgot to include).

The size is around 1 M.B, and i am finding how to share it with others. I can send to your email ids (other than gmail).

Satya
Hi Srisara

I can help you. you can mail the file to my email address
[email protected]. I will upload it to my briefcase in public folder and give the link here so that anybody visiting your thread can go to the folder and download it.
its a paid account so there wont be any problem.However I dont want any unsolicited Mails here. this may be noted by the visitors.
thanks

srisara said:
I have sent mail to both of You, please check and confirm whether th program is working or not.

Remember it is still in Beta with me fixing bugs as and when i encounter them.
Dear Srisara,
Thank you for sending the trial version. I tried with the software but it still hangs. I gave an instruction to down load from 1/7/05 to 7/7/05. It displayed the downloaded contents in the window of your software. But afterwards it hanged. It didnot close also. I had to close it forcibly by using Task manager in winxp. Please let me know the further developments. I apreciate the great work done by you. Thanking you.
gvnarendra
email: [email protected]

karthikmarar

srisara said:
Hello,

Satya
Hi

Can you please mailme a copy of your extractor software. My mail ID is [email protected]

Thanks

pkjha30

Hi Srisara
I have uploaded the file to my shared folderhttp://briefcase.rediff.com/bn/br/pjhapondy . The name of the file is setup.zip.Members can download the program form this folder. On extracting you will get three files one of which is setup.exe which will install the program. you have to keep your latest file as the program is using some of the old windows shared files.

I have checked the program and it downloads bhav copy. (did not hang on my system). On cliking the Convert command button it simply outputs the text file for the bhav copy. For historical data to work in compatible program like metastock you have to output data in seperate file for each stock in the bhav copies for a given date range. The study the data structure and index files used in metastock and output your data in that structure.

Gannalyst lite will convert your data in the desired format if you output your file in comma or space/tab delimited format with .txt or .csv extension with the following fields

date, open, high, low, close, volume, open interest,

for a perticular stock.

If you can do this in one program it will not only download but also convert data to desired format.

Thanks
Pankaj

hmp

dear pkjha after downloading programme i clicked on process it shows message as runtime error 429
activex component can't creat object
hmp

Friends,

Let me give a small write-up on why i have come up with this tool.

I have learnt through this site about using the softwares for T.A. I have learnt about some of the free Softwares of which Wall Street Analyser(WSA) was one.

WSA was working fine, but for the last 2 months it stopped working for me. The reason might be WSA was unable to dowload the data from Yahoo. I have no idead why it has happened.

Also, in the same forum one of them has suggested using FCharts. Afterdownloading the FCharts the biggest problem i faced was "DATA". I didnot want to depend on Yahoo! for the Data. Also, sometimes Yahoo data is inaccurate.

So, for some time i was going through this NSE site, where they give the EOD in a File Format (csv). Well, In Techical terms, this is the worst way of providing EOD as it doesnot give you any choice. We cant help niether ask NSE to Change.

See, we cand download the BhavCopy from NSE, then make necessary changes and upload the same to FCharts.

Suppose, i miss to upload say 5-6 days of Data, in that case how tedious it is go to NSE Site and download file for each of the Days you missed and changing them to the required format?

This prompted me to write a small utility which will help in getting the file from NSE, convert it to the format I require and give me a flat file (cud be csv , txt etc.)

I was able to use this Tool and successfully downloaded around 2 years of Data. I can provide that Data also if anyone wants.

Remember*: I have a 288 Kbps DSL Connection which made my life easier.

If you connection is Dial-Up and Imagine you are pulling around 6 months of data i.e around 20 days X 6 = 120 files. Each File is around 60 KB, it is too much for a Dial-Up Connection. This is the weakest part of this Tool.

Let me write the pre-requisities for this Tool.

1. Windows O/S preferably Win XP, 2000 or NT
2. MS-Office or atleast MS-Excel is required.

Dial-Up Connection is O.K , but dont pull huge amount of Data using Dial-Up otherwise it will hang.

Now coming back to above to my answers for above questions

hmp: Looks like there is no MS-Office in your computer. At present for this Tool it required Excel for some conversion. In the next version i will try to avoid that routine. Till then please bear with me.

Pankaj: As said this tool is still in the primitive stage. Given right support, we can make this as a wonderful tool so that all can benefit.
I was lost reading your post, can you be specific and clear.

See, since I knew in what format FCharts accepts the data for import, I have incorporated the Feature for FCharts.

If you can see in my tool there is 1 check box for Meta Stock. Like these we can add as many desired Data Formats as we can.

The only thing I need is in what format MetaStock requires the Data.
If someone can provide more inputs then I can make this Tool Better.

As, told this tool i developed only not to depend on Yahoo! for Data. Also, as you guys know we had to go to some Yahoo Groups to download the EOD File.

*Next: We Can Implement this tool for Futures & Options Data Also.

Please post your comments and suggestions.

Regards
Satya

Hi Srisara,

Thank you for creating this very handy utility. Thanks too to Pankaj for making it accessible to all.

If the output text is in the following format, the data can be easily imported into Metastock by using the Downloader :

<date>,<ticker>,<name>,<open>,<high>,<low>,<close>,<vol>
20040723,ABB,ABB LTD.,650,718,650,710.55,21987
20040723,ACC,ASSOCIATED CEMENT CO LTD,230,236.1,229.4,235.35,3008587
20040723,BAJAJAUTO,BAJAJ AUTO LTD,805,845.95,805,831.95,127237

Debraj