• Want to give it a try

Votes: 115 46.7%
  • Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

ocil

Dear OCIL please edit and remove you screenshots immediately as it has your client id in it.

You have setup the columns as per the instructions. However, your have added extra columns. The last column should be "Symbol" if you add more columns, it will not function.

read the release post carefully. check the NOW Configuration section

If all of you follow the instructions strictly there will be no issues.

you have to close and delete C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls --->run the Autoconfig again. Edit your market watch in NOW strictly as per the instructuons---> paste it in the newly created C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls and try enabling the streaming
Dear Sudris now its working. thanks for help. but i need extra columns to trade with now.:)

kiranjakka

NOWRT2AB Configuration

Download Link / File attached with this post, see below.

System Requirements : MS Office 2007 and above

System Date Configuration:

Adjust the Date format.
For windows7:
Control Panel-->regional settings-->"change date, time, or number format"-->Additional Settings-->Date-->Short Date:-->type "mm/dd/yyyy" -->OK to all windows and close.
for XP and other OS I may put up later in case if you do not know how to do it

Open the downloaded file "NOWRT2AB.xlam"

go to Addins---> "AutoConfig NOWRT2AB"
this will create directory for database for amibroker in 'C:\NOWRT2AB_DB' and an excel file in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'

NOW Configuration:

Login in NOW software---> press ctrl+G to open marketwatch group setting window---> Create new group called "NOWRT2AB" and add to it whichever scrips you desire with a limit of 5 scrips.
make sure that the market-watch columns are as per the sequence below.
Left to Right--->
Column1---> Trading Symbol
Column2---> Last Traded Price
Column3---> Volume Traded Today
Column4---> Open Interest(even if you do not trade in F&O, it is mandatory to keep column4 as Open Interest)
Column5---> Last Traded Time
Column6---> Symbol('this column can't be removed from market-watch window, as per NOW settings, hence we have no option but to retain it)

NOTE: the very first scrip from the top decides the speed at which data is fetched and transferred to amibroker. So make sure that the first scrip from top is an active scrip like Nifty Future present month, or other equity scrips like SBIN, Reliance, LT, etc.

Once your market-watch with 5 scrips is ready, right click on market-watch and select "Link to Excel"---> "All Items"

open 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls' select the very first cell(no other cell will work) in the NOWRTD sheet and right click and click paste(or press ctrl+v) and save the file. you will see the market-watch getting copied to excel file.

Amibroker Configuration:

I guess, everyone knows how to create a new database in amibroker.
Amibroker-->File-->New-->Database-->Browse and select the Directory "C:\NOWRT2AB_DB" and click on "Save" ---> make sure the checkbox is checked(tick-marked) for the option "Load this database at startup"---> click on "Create"
Data Source - local database
Local data storage - Enable
Base time interval - Tick
Click OK

This will be used as your Amibroker Database to store real time data of NOW.

Operating Instructions:

To make sure no errors occur, your daily sequence of events should be as follows strictly:
1. login in NOW first.
2. open Amibroker and Open the database "C:\NOWRT2AB_DB" (only if you have not selected it to load at amibroker startup during Amibroker configuration above).
3. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Fresh Session---> confirmation message.
4. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Enable NOWRT2AB--->some ok clicks---> click OK to start streaming live data to Amibroker.
5. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Disable NOWRT2AB--->to disable NOWRT2AB and press and hold "Escape" key for 5 to 10 seconds--->then click on "end" to completely stop NOWRT2AB.
6. Save Amibroker database and 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls' before you close.

NOTE: Request you all to send back the fetched data on daily or weekly basis to me. How??? Will reveal in a separate post later

Wish you all a very Happy Diwali and Happy Fetching

Hope you all benefit well from NOWRT2AB. :)

Cheers
hi can somebody help me with configuration how should i do this step (NOW Configuration:

Login in NOW software---> press ctrl+G to open marketwatch group setting window---> Create new group called "NOWRT2AB" and add to it whichever scrips you desire with a limit of 5 scrips.
Left to Right--->)

i am not able to understand which now software i should login to please help me out with pictures configuration if psbl

sudris

hi can somebody help me with configuration how should i do this step (NOW Configuration:

Left to Right--->)

i am not able to understand which now software i should login to please help me out with pictures configuration if psbl

NOW means NSE NOW software. It is a trading workstation developed by NSE and other third party company, Omnesys Technologies. Read more from here You can also try googling "NSE NEAT ON WEB" to find more information.

My utility, NOWRT2AB fetches live real time data from NSE NOW software. It is provided by many brokers free of cost as the software is developed by NSE itself.

Check NSE NOW video

sudris

@sudris

i think you need to create each and every step again in order as in this post... its difficult to find all in sequence

plz help me.. where i register to create NOW login?

i got the software from other forum.. (i think you can easily add freeware here for download)

plz plz plz create each n every step keep in mind that so many things words are new for so many ppl.. so define each and every step in detail.

sori if im wrong
alright, I'll try to revamp the help file with some links to terms used for example NSE-NOW.

keep checking this place : http:// nowrt2ab. blogspot. com (remove spaces)

sudris

Dear Sudris now its working. thanks for help. but i need extra columns to trade with now.:)
Once you paste the RTD link to C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls and save it, feel free to restore your market watch columns in NOW exe.

NOTE: if you want to change the scrips in C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls you will have to again adjust your market watch as per the instructions given.
To avoid this modifications every time you change scrips for fetching, I had recommended to create a new Market Watch in NOW exe dedicated to NOWRT2AB so that you don't have to keep on shuffling the columns. :cool:

poortrader

Hi
I understand that you are suggesting to have a seperate market watch for the purpose of trading in NOW software, and leave the dedicated mkt watch for nowrt seperate. Is that right?
Once you paste the RTD link to C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls and save it, feel free to restore your market watch columns in NOW exe.

NOTE: if you want to change the scrips in C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls you will have to again adjust your market watch as per the instructions given.
To avoid this modifications every time you change scrips for fetching, I had recommended to create a new Market Watch in NOW exe dedicated to NOWRT2AB so that you don't have to keep on shuffling the columns. :cool:

hi sundris,

I am having windows 7 and office 2007. The data from NSE NOW is streaming into excel but somehow I am unable to see anything in ambibroker. I think the problem could be that the database folder has the attribute of read only. My laptop is new, and it has only C drive, all folders in C drive has this attribute. I tried changing but can't get off this read only attribute, please help.

I have installed Amibroker software .How can I add data nse data with Amibroker.Also tell me what will be extension of database file.My Amibroker is not registered version.