Nifty Futures Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Thanks..
But i made more losses than profits by not taking trading (part time) seriously & without thinking...this is small step to get knowledge..

Regards

Kumark
you will have to go through one of the threads by czar which highlights trader experiences......pls also go through threads and posts by saint , czar , a_l , mityajit , sunil and asishji for more insights on TA . These people can guide you better as iam not a good enough Technical analyst .

Sunil

Sunil,

As you are proficient in Excell ,why don't you make 1 Master based on what Satyamist /Alex & Satyajit's discussion regarding EW projections in the Positinal Thread.
In Live Mkt we would just put the High / Low s.
Long time back Satyajit & Santanu made 1 such almost on the same thought process,you can get 1 from him by pm-ing & build upon that,if you get some time.
Do post these things 1 copy at the Library thread.

Asish
Da, I can manage Excel quite well, but have su-NIL knowledge about Eliiot waves....
If you can let me know, what is exactly to be done in Excel and what has to be presented, (w/o getting into depth of EW), I may be able to do it....
But, as you said in Part 2, Santanu ji is doing it for INTRADAY (wow), then I am game.... ANYTHING FOR NIFTY INTRADAY...

just let me know da, alex...

orderflow13

sunil
as u know i have a zero knowledge of excel, sat da will be gr8 help,
i am searching for afl ( formula for amiboker ) but seems its hard to plot on chart, as lot of programmers seems to be helpless.I have trade station sw and it uses easy language ( same as afl ) and some one tried make elliot wave formula in easy language, but problem is TS get feed from etrade and my subscription is over and didnt renew cuz of cost cutting spree. I am working on data feed, if all goes well i will post the charts.
btw here i found some discussion on excel and ew, might some use for u
http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/12786-another-way-plot-elliott-wave.html

pkamalesh

Dow 300 points down again...missed out to book profits in my 3100 nov put....will try tomorrow...alex..what do u feel in the november scenario....will we go below 3000???i just wanted some advice from you seniors if i can keep holding to my nov 3100 put...coz im in college and i miss out some crucial swings in nifty everyday.....plzzz gimme an idea..

orderflow13

Dow 300 points down again...missed out to book profits in my 3100 nov put....will try tomorrow...alex..what do u feel in the november scenario....will we go below 3000???i just wanted some advice from you seniors if i can keep holding to my nov 3100 put...coz im in college and i miss out some crucial swings in nifty everyday.....plzzz gimme an idea..
lol... u will always find me opposite side of option buyers :D... cant help u mate, might be other seniors do.

Sunil

JUST THE FIRST PAGE OF ANY THREAD FOR EVERY VISIT

Most of us (if not all) visit this thread during live trading hours, and like to have a look the posts by co-members about current market views, upcoming levels, possible trade, etc.
So, one as to auto or manually refresh the browser to view the latest posts. Also, after about 10 posts, the next post comes in a different page. So, we can't even leave auto-refresh on for all the 5-6 hours of trading time, as after some minutes, we'll have to manually change the page too. Also, sometimes worry about what was mentioned in the previous page.

What if you get the LATEST post on TOP of the page AND the page be the FIRST page of the thread ALWAYS......
obviously, this will help & save a lot of precious trading time.... One will be able to see the LATEST post on top, and only page has to be in view; old messages will appear in "next" pages, unlike currently, where old messages are in "previous pages"...

In other words, we have to sort the messages of the thread from "New to old", instead of "Old to New", so that the FIRST page of the thread will be the latest page, AND first post of the thread is the latest post.
(totally opposite of what most of you are seeing)...

How to do such setting:

1. Go to the "user control panel" page by clicking on the "USER CP" button available on top-right of every forum page just below Traderji.com logo

2. On the left hand side of the resulting web-page, there are various options. Click on "EDIT OPTIONS" under "SETTINGS & OPTIONS"...

3. In the next page, you'll see various personalisation options. Under "THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS", there's one "THREAD DISPLAY MODE" panel...
Default option selected is "LINEAR - OLDEST FIRST"....
Change that to "LINEAR - NEWEST FIRST"

Voila, see the result for all the threads of this forum...

More FAQ on this utility: http://www.traderji.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_thread_display

You may even change the next option available "NUMBER OF POSTS TO SHOW PER PAGE"... 10 is default, i guess...
For me, 20 is comfortable...

Status
Not open for further replies.