Nifty Futures Trading Part 2 (Positional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orderflow13

Those arrows and ribbon is nothing but impulse system ( its same as my prev charts of impulse bars, only thing is its space saver and easy to visualize )
There was some long build up witnessed in December series in last half an hour along with put writing ( see o.i. put call ratio which is rising )
Well those things hardly pass as reversal signals, only thing is shorts covering their positions and bears not willing to open fresh shorts as risk reward ratio is not in favor.( in technical term there is a word call it 'oversold' ! )

columbus

Have a look at 6-day chart.Last day the price movement is more or less
HORIZONTAL, but RSI graph says different story.Does it mean that we have
reached BOTTOM or Is it a mere Short-covering?

columbus

Those arrows and ribbon is nothing but impulse system ( its same as my prev charts of impulse bars, only thing is its space saver and easy to visualize )
There was some long build up witnessed in December series in last half an hour along with put writing ( see o.i. put call ratio which is rising )
Well those things hardly pass as reversal signals, only thing is shorts covering their positions and bears not willing to open fresh shorts as risk reward ratio is not in favor.( in technical term there is a word call it 'oversold' ! )
There is a strong correlation between PCR and VIX graph.Anyway VIX is based
on Bid-Offer prices of options.What do you say?

orderflow13

There is a strong correlation between PCR and VIX graph.Anyway VIX is based
on Bid-Offer prices of options.What do you say?
Quite right columbus.There is a complex formula in nse site for vix, based on bid ask price of options, but some laymen language helps to judge if vix rising or falling.
When the market is range bound or has a mild upside bias, volatility is globally observed to be typically low. On such days, call option buying generally outnumbers put options buying. This kind of market may indicate lower risk. Conversely, when the selling activity increases significantly, anxiety among investors tends to rise. Investors rush to buy puts, which in turn pushes the price of these options higher. This increased amount investors are willing to pay for put options shows up in higher readings on the volatility index. High readings indicate a higher risk market place.
In nut shell when prices of options rising relatively more than price movement of nifty index then vix also tend to rise.

the tape

Have a look at 6-day chart.Last day the price movement is more or less
HORIZONTAL, but RSI graph says different story.Does it mean that we have
reached BOTTOM or Is it a mere Short-covering?
don't know much about indicators but, i used to follow this site called tradingwhatisee.com. he mostly traded the same combination u mentioned. definitely a sign of strength....:)

poistional short at 2715 sqared today at 2534 :)...Markets and indicators are all confusing that is why I exited today...

Will be waiting for right oppurtunity to take a positional trade :)) .

Status
Not open for further replies.