NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Amit,

I am saddened by your decision to discontinue this thread,but sincerely hope that you will still be around sharing your knowledge.......it has been people like you and Saint that have contributed so much to my learning curve.I do notice that the "fire" has gone out of Saint as well.

He has practically stopped his new teaching thread and the old Intermed thread,you have practically stopped your Good Steals thread and now this.

I sincerely pray and hope that you and saint could ignore the tipsters,and continue on your great mission of sharing your knowledge.

I do understand that the old must make way for the new concept.........but in this case,there is no quality here(I don't mean the people who joined more than 6mths ago)to replace you both.

Please reconsider..........for the people here who sincerely want to learn.

Sincerely,
Avinash

hello amitbe,

This forum would lack its luster without NIFTY FIFTY.Truely for many sutdents like me it would be like being in an abandoned boat in middle of an ocean.I must confess that I am a second year engineering student using my father's registration to post my observations in this thread.Every day I used to learn a new thing from your and vinay's posts.It would be like missing out a mentor from now on.I and many others would be very glad if you continued this thread but it is in your hand to take the descision.Hope you continued.

regards,
gvnarendra

murthymsr

hi AMITBE,

quote:
the forum is not a place for learning as it once was.
:unquote

i fully agree with you on the concern expressed by you about this forum, the investor education and the market in general.

commited persons like you shall be guarding the interests of the beginners by raising the caution at the right moment!

AMITBE, may his tribe increase !

(free adaptation of my school poem,
"Abu Ben Adam, may his tribe increase !")

may god bless the investors and the guardians of the investor interest like you.

murthymsr

PS1) The forum, all-along stood as a forum of distinction with emphasis on learning and sharing. I have been feeling, of late, that more and more members are running after quick money and tips. i wish, it could have been the other way round.

Learning first, Earning Next, but it is of course a must.

PS2) This draft was made before maeket opened, but i could not post due to power failure in our area. i am posting without any editing. power failures sometimes come as a blessing, seeing what the market is like in the last few hours !!!

Amit,

I log into the site only check up and learn about the tecniques and the logic of the markets. Ever since I have been following this thread, I would have traded only on couple of occasions. There will be numerous more like me who enjoy the messages you post that include buzzwords ( which we would be learning from each of your posts )..The posts also reaffirm what we have learnt and you have been the guiding light..

Also, there are always one set of people because of which you might be discouraged..But one cannot help it ..

Its a sincere request, in the intrest of the loyal members of this group, that you continue with your posts ..

Regards,
Rinv

shrinivas

AMITBE said:
The markets internationally are deep down in red, whether the ones that are now closed out west, or the ones running ahead in time further east.
Everything is deep in red.

To my shocked surprise, there is no one here sounding a warning bell at this forum.
All I'm seeing is buy calls and more buy calls.
Come on people...please don't run ahead of yourselves.

Stay far from the markets today.

On another level, I'm not posting comments nor levels for the Nifty for now.
The reason is, the forum is not a place for learning as it once was.
Anyone serious about trading their hard earned money need to invest in learning at least some basics of the market, TA, FA etc.
I'm a student and a learner, and at this point this forum is not answering my needs.
Perhaps some debate could evolve on these issues.

Thank you all for all the learning and sharing.
I'm sure, I took your lines on the right track......If I read between the lines, I'm sure, the words "I'll not post" refer to the temporary volat. of markets and thus unable to guess exact figures...anyway, I can feel the bell of warning..thankfully I'm not buying now....

ganeshhity

AMITBE said:
Adil and Satya...
No, I don't mean what you think.
It's fine by me if the levels posted here are made use of by savvy and experienced players, as levels in either direction are clearly given.

My remarks this morning are more to do with the general 'cultural' bias that this forum is displaying.
They's a lot of shrill noise and clutter regarding tips and what have you.
I suppose we all must know what I'm talking about, and I'm sure we all must be ruing the loss of reputation and prestige that this forum has enjoyed as a center for learning, rather than a hotbed of tips.

Well...as the Buddhists would say, everything rises and passes away.
Newness is simultaniously impermanent.

Then again, as tech-heads would say, every ascend has a measurable pullback.
Ask the distinguished members here like Vinay of Elliott Waves, and gvnarendra and they'll explain this phenomenon in Fibonacci retracement terms!! :)

So...times change. That's all.

I'm always happy to answer TA queries though.
Hi Amit,

Totally agree with u about the learning curve was flattened but its very true that many people gained extremely from you, Saint, Ajay, KArthik and many more.

Thanks for the wonderful knowledge that you passed on to me. Well, I am working on something but again to catch u late nights for sure. No escape from me as usual.

I am hoping that u will continue to do post as u do always. Sorry for stealing ur thread questions and giving answers too :D

Regards
Raj

HI Amitji,

After reading your post this morning I dont really need to say how it felt. But I was thinking whether I should post my views or not when all the seniors and super seniors are urging you to carry on your threads with full spirit and my request can also be no different. But at the end of day I couldnt stop from posting just for the admiration that the juniors of this forum like me have it for you.

Like you say several times that manipulations in the markets are the things to live with as its part of the free market economy. Well its a free forum and we will find many people who learn from here, who take cues, who just take figures and some people who at times spoil the rhythm of this forum (baron if u remem). So all came and will go on coming. Actually some people misunderstand the basics of forum due to its very name TRADERJI.COM.

I was also surprised some time ago people asking for levels from you during heavy market hours, its very generous of you to give us the levels even at the start of trading and all must understand that everyone has his own portfolio to manage specially in these volitile times.

All I want to say is that atleast if you dont post pre market reports please do keep posting your views after the market hours, your chart analysis is very good, your work with trendlines is excellent and many more things about TA that you teach. Please, dont deprive us of those things. If possible start a different thread only for nifty after market analysis (thats if you want to close this thread).

I am no one to advice you so please forgive me if I crossed the line and for eating your thread space.

Thanks for everything.:)

Please bear with me for some time. I would like to confess.

I was googling to look for tips some 2 months back when i visited this site the first time. There were tips too and I picked some and made some money, lost more though...
I continued looking for TIPS, from my broker, and any source I can lay my hands on, and I continued loosing even after being in comfortable positions. Most of time when I booked profit in any stock, they went much higher..much much higher...those tips I had picked from this site only and In case of loss, I always used to pray for a reversal or curse all,.. from my broker to the poster of the TIP...to my self and to every one...

After serious thoughts I realized that there was something I was lacking and nothing was wrong with the market. It was me who was taking the wrong positions...

Out of other places I visited, this forum was the one that became part of my daily routine.This is the place where I learnt??? (read that as heard) about the terms support /resistance/ stop loss/ trailing stops and what not ....you all are my gurus

I come to this site daily. Only what I am looking for now is not the TIPS but your views and you includes you all...from the gurus to the students...

I look into s/w section, methodologies, money management and reasons why one should do that and why one should not do that..the thing called support and resitance is still not very clear to me and I dont use it... but yes the trend is clear...and so is the stop loss..;-) Still i do find my self in wrong side but I am out or have reversed my position before its too late.
I thank you all and hope this site will continue for ever.

what??? I am not finished yet...:)

I know it is long but please let me continue....

The support and resistance is not clear to me.. I know a price at which normally the direction reverses is the support/resistance...but how do you know in advance that 37.. what was that, 3742..(I know I am not correct with the number) is going to be a resistance. Why?

In nut shell, what I want to say is Amit, your job is not yet done...you just cannot leave...and I know there are a lot like me...
So guruji....continue...I am waiting...the teachers work is not yet done.

saint/vvountru/Jai...I am disappointed with you all too, (less with vvountru)...
and rohit you too...btw the candlestick thing was just too great
there are just a few thread which are good...please please please don’t even think of stopping any one of them

Hey any TIPS for tomorrow.....:) :) :)

Best Regards
Coool.

Status
Not open for further replies.