NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not calling any names here but yes I and whole broker community do not agree with their decision about increasing market timings and I have right to express my opinion.
I did not mean to flame you. As trading is my sole bread winning profession for many years and I've seen what brokers were before NSE. So its kinda difficult for some people to sympathize with a broker's cause.

NSE definitely did immense favor to ordinary investor/trader. As I also trade CBOT instruments, i know NSE is not far behind in service and regulation - which cannot be done without a hard working management, especially given indian politico-bureaucratic conditions. Sure, everyone has right to say his/her piece.

Last edited:
agree with you, but still not need to start trading at 9, can start at 10 as earlier
Sure, why not from 11AM? wud be more suitable for people who have to travel long distances to their offices.

However for many taking trading positions based on information flow from different geographies, especially from Tokyo to Singapore is now immediately possible in certain cases with earlier trading hours.

Sure, why not from 11AM? wud be more suitable for people who have to travel long distances to their offices.

However for many taking trading positions based on information flow from different geographies, especially from Tokyo to Singapore is now immediately possible in certain cases with earlier trading hours.
By the same logic, many would feel it would be better if the mkt were open in the evening hours to take advantage of the news flow in European and US mkt. Perhaps eventually all mkts will be 24 hours like the currency trades and for most part the commodities mkt. As it is the mkt action is confined to bouts of half an hour with long periods of inactivity. The longer the mkt hours are extended, it will truly test the patience of traders.

Imagine if the other thing happens. Markets open for only three hours a day. Huge volumes compressed into three hours. All volatility within three hours. More people can participate as full time traders by adjusting their work around the mkt hours. I bet the mkt volumes will go up humongously.:):)

AMITBE

This thread was started by me. Through different phases of its evolution, it became like a daily feature/commentary on the Nifty, in a style of my own. Go through some back pages to understand what I mean. For its content and readership, this thread was made into a "sticky" one.
At some point I stopped writing here, though it continued to remain "sticky".

The general content that gets posted here lately makes me feel that this thread is not worthy of remaining "sticky" any longer.

This is by no means a judgement on the content being posted here now. This is an open forum, but it is expected that members be discerning and aware when they post content, and choose where to post it. This is not always the case.

So, as of now, this thread is being "unstuck".

AMITBE.

Status
Not open for further replies.