My Nifty/Mini-Nifty Positional trade logs

Can Stochastics indicator alone be used for positional trading?

• Total voters

Stock trendy

what about grand pa n grand ma..they r too old to climb this steep guess they will bring the whole family down very soon just wait for break down at 5650 to see the collapse still there may be chance to lure to trap bulls at higher levels
this month will end in -ve near to 5500 at the least .. let us see. what happens
I am heavily short right now
:clap::thumb:
JUST CHILLING GUYS MY SHORTS ARE PAYING OF WELL...:thumb:..:clap:..:D

summasumma

Entire family of stochs came down.

Holding Short. Sold@5700... cmp: 5672

Checkout the gap between 2111(around 65) and 811(around 3)...
This kind of big gap pattern generally indicates that the nifty will change its current direction(i.e currently down so it should move up).
You can check this patter in few other places in this picture itself.(green and blue lines in bottom stochs window).
This direction change can happen either immediately or when 2111 and 811 join together. Lets see if it happens.

Ajit57

Hi,

Since you are trading positional, I just wanted to ask a very novice question. I wanted to know the calculation of how the profit / loss is calculated.

1. You shorted at 5700 and the market that day went to 5724. So a loss of 24 points.

2. Then next day the market went to 5675. So a profit of 25 points or a profit of 49 points (5724 - 5675 = 49 points) ??

I mean how does it come in your account if it is mark to mark. Also, are STT and brokerages calculated everyday ??? I would be thankful if you could answer it.

Tx.

summasumma

Hi,

Since you are trading positional, I just wanted to ask a very novice question. I wanted to know the calculation of how the profit / loss is calculated.

1. You shorted at 5700 and the market that day went to 5724. So a loss of 24 points.

2. Then next day the market went to 5675. So a profit of 25 points or a profit of 49 points (5724 - 5675 = 49 points) ??

I mean how does it come in your account if it is mark to mark. Also, are STT and brokerages calculated everyday ??? I would be thankful if you could answer it.

Tx.

1. When Market went down by 24 points after short@5700, the amount of 24*50=1200/- rs will be deducted from your margin account for MTM(Mark To Market). So effectively it become short@5724 as i have already paid/lost that 1200/- rs for M2M adjustment in order to get aligned to nifty CMP @ EOD.
Please note that this MTM adjustment is done everyday after market close for all your open positions and not considered as a trade. So there is no STT/brokerage calculated for this operation.

2. The next day Nifty closed @5675. So again for MTM adjustment 49*50=2450 will be credited to my margin account as i have shorted@5724(and not 5700) based on previous day MTM.

So my open positions in F&O segments are marked to the market's current value @ EOD. Thats why its Mark-To-Market.

summasumma

Checkout the gap between 2111(around 65) and 811(around 3)...
This kind of big gap pattern generally indicates that the nifty will change its current direction(i.e currently down so it should move up).
You can check this patter in few other places in this picture itself.(green and blue lines in bottom stochs window).
This direction change can happen either immediately or when 2111 and 811 join together. Lets see if it happens.
Looks like the change in direction happened immediately... 811 retracing back with Nifty moving up.

summasumma

Parents came down and still in OB zone. Child came UP.
2111/811 moved up and the significance of the wide gap between these 2 stochs as discussed yesterday showed off. Let see if they both move back to OB zone again which should also pull child near parents.
This is the nature of sideways market so closing the position today untill trend becomes clear based on these stochs.

Exited [email protected]@5700....Loss: 42 points.

No position now.

summasumma

Technical values:
Again all stochs came Down.

Observation:
The Gap between 2111 and 811 still maintained... so sideways market with both bull and bear fighting with each other.

Possibilities:
1. 811 retrace back to 2111 in the upper-side. Means market will go up but doesn't mean its up-trend(unless parents are in OB zone). Have to be very careful once 811&2111 touch each other as they have the tendency to change direction immediately after that. (pls check the picture to understand what im talking about)

2. 811 stays inside OS zone without oscillating in and out of OS zone and pull 2111 near itself. Means market will go down.

Action:
Wait till one of this happens to get a proper trend and ride on it.

P.S:
Entered 1 Mini-Nifty short @ 5690... as all stochs pointing down and still feel NF might touch 5650 level.