My Analysis and Trade reviews

Vertigo_1985

Day started with a trade in jublfood, a short with stop 1164.05, didnt go according to expectation and stop was executed at 1167 !!, thats 3 rupees extra due to slippage, i traded it long back when it had good volume and now it has become very illiquid. Should do my homework better, illiquid stocks like these have no place in watchlist. "You are as good as the stocks you trade."

Same time as jubfood trade in Kotak was formed but couldnt focus on 2 at a time so chose jubfood, kotak turned out to be a winner. Should focus better and learn to trade multiple stocks together, if proper preparation is there then it's just matter of putting orders and watching the stock.

After few minutes of jubfood exit TCS gave long chance, stop hit immediately.
Had 2 straight losses to start in morning and a missed winner but i know that it happens so till now there were no signs of any bad affect.

Took cairn long as explained in chart and the affect of above losses and missed trade showed when i hesitated to make re-entry. Generally i do a self talk and then chose to do the right things instead of easy but today didnt. Will visualize same scenario with improved response.

Note-
earlier someone was asking about trade getting executed at price not visible in chart, happened with me twice today and has happened in past too so it's not something to worry about or waste your time. And no, brokers aren't running after your orders, focus on trading and trade liquid stocks.

Cairn review -

Vertigo_1985

Mainly there are 3 things that can happen to your position just after your entry-
1. It sustains beyond your entry towards your target, let price do it's thing in this case with full position.
2. It sustains between your entry and stop loss - try to lower your size, i do by atleast 50 % .
3. It straightaway hits your stop loss- nothing to do, review what has happened.

question to all ...be focused first and clearly observe your first thoughts or feelings when you say to yourself stoploss hit. What's your observation ?
When the price just goes and hits the SL (fast) after the entry it is not such a problem. The problem is when the price keeps meandering around, giving hope of moving towards the target and then slowly grinds towards the stops. The move that takes the price towards the SL is more painful, and at times the actual SL is a big relief :)

Cheers

TraderRavi

low risk profile
question to all ...be focused first and clearly observe your first thoughts or feelings when you say to yourself stoploss hit. What's your observation ?
two cases :
1) SL hits and price continues to go in that direction => its good to be stopped out with low losses.

2) SL hits and price immediately starts moving to your target => ftw :mad:

Vertigo_1985

Tcs results were also good today, it has been in range of 2320 - 2380 since last 3 days and i am expecting a breakout tomorrow. Plan is same as in Infy that i mentioned in earlier( was also same for HCL) but will repeat few important points-
1. 2320-2380 are the levels - most probable is breakout from this range so 2380 should then act as support. If gap is big then i am expecting some selling first then 2380-2400 holding. If it 2380 is held in morning session then we may see buying in afternoon.
2. 2nd case is that it remains in range in that case too play with 2320-2380 as levels and if higher lows is formed testing 2380 then get ready for big breakout.
3. If it opens below 2320(low probability but who knows what people want so we consider every scenario) then first expectation is of going into range if it doesnt then there maybe panic selling.