My Analysis and Trade reviews

avny

i guess u are assuming gap down due to lower than expected IIP numbers, some are taking it as positive for banking stocks as they are expecting RBI to not hike interest rates.
u r right,it is about lower IIP nos,and the initial open reaction on monday will be -ve

but even if mkt takes it as a positive sign,than also mkt will open gap down to trap bears,before reversing up

this is just my assumption,let us see how it plays on monday

Vertigo_1985

a little more than a year ago was trading a stock, results were out day before after markets. High volatility was expected after open so i was dreaming of all the money i could make. Spent all the night restless. As the news was negative my plan was to short it just after open. Markets opened and i shorted it( ofcourse without stop loss and with high leverage, being wrong was out of question), made 15k in just under a minute...was thinking whao that was easy so lets make more, another trade but as it usually happens stock moved against me, so there i was looking in disbelief as my 15 k profit turned to loss. So i ignored it and in hope that it will come to atleast breakeven switched my monitor off, but it never came back to breakeven and i spent rest of day in cursing myself.
Fast forward to now..this friday decided to trade infy results. My plan was ready before night, had considered all the possibilities, was ready to be long or short or to leave it all together. Had a sound sleep, noticed some anxiety before trade but did a self talk and was fine. Infy opened and didnt go according to my expectations so then i adapted my plan. Though i missed some opportunity but overall i did good (about 60 points in infy till 11 am after which it was no good to trade, if volatilty was there it could have been even better). Every trade had a stops loss, target and expected movement. It has taken time but i think i have improved much from before :).

Last edited:

Vertigo_1985

Not every setup works on every stock equally, i have observed that most usually infy sells off after 11 am on days when there is morning buying, many times i have traded this by going short. Today one of the setups that i trade was formed in infy and neglecting it's usual character of selling after morning buying i went long after 11 am, the loss was only 2 points as i managed it well but the point is about being aware of something and not using it to your advantage, that's stupidity.

We should be aware of character of stocks, how they move, when they tend to move. Trade setups in stocks where they have higher probability to go in your direction, not every setup is suitable to every stock.