Why is it that mutual funds have very high 1 year returns and lower 2,3,5,7,and 10 year returns?
What if invest only for one year and take 29 % return and then again invest that amount for 10 consecutive years.
(I know this doesnt make much sense, if it did people would have been doing it already.) Still I would like to know why can we do the above mentioned and invest money in long term ?

Thank you in advance

raju.vzm

Why is it that mutual funds have very high 1 year returns and lower 2,3,5,7,and 10 year returns?
What if invest only for one year and take 29 % return and then again invest that amount for 10 consecutive years.
(I know this doesnt make much sense, if it did people would have been doing it already.) Still I would like to know why can we do the above mentioned and invest money in long term ?

Thank you in advance
Market performed well for the last 1 year, that's the reason behind high 1 year returns.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Some MF's dont allow u to withdraw before a year and then there is an exit load that usually nullifies the benefit of withdrawing. Last years phenomenon is a one time if u look at MF's performance ..my 2