Mutual Fund investment & their portfolio

candle

My Views and allocation of funds on MFs:

1. SMALL CAP :
Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund - Direct Plan (30%)
• SBI Magnum Midcap Fund - Direct Plan
• Kotak Emerging Equity Scheme - Direct Plan

2. MID CAP :
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Fund - Direct Plan (20%)
• Reliance Growth Fund - Direct Plan
• Sundaram Select Midcap Fund - Direct Plan
• Motilal Oswal MOSt Focused Midcap 30 Fund - Direct Plan
Franklin India Prima Fund - Direct Plan (20%)

3. LARGE CAP :
Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund - Direct Plan (30%)
Franklin India Bluechip Fund - Direct Plan
• HDFC Top 200 Fund - Direct Plan
• ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity Fund - Direct Plan

Suggestions Welcome....

travi

Yesterday, I was reviewing performance of my MF portfolio and this MF really stood out in whatever small SIP portf that I have.

Kotak select focus fund - (G) direct

The best part about this MF is that it doesn't classify itself Cap-wise or sector-wise or diversified.

It's not officially mentioned but it targets high growth sectors and their leading large caps with a small % of probably few next 50 and good midcaps Co's.
They successfully tapped Reliance and Indusind Bank which I'd never had thought of.

Other MF's I've seen stick to a diversified plan, but here, for eg. IT & Pharma are down form many months or a year now so their combined weightage is just 4-5%.
Coincidentally, this strategy relates very closes with Basant Maheshwari's method of choosing a small number of bull rally leaders.
and to Quote Warren Buffet, he says,

“Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.” :lol:

Last but not least, ST Sir also added this yest which caused me to increase a bit more weightage too :D:D

Another, gamble that I'd like to add, if you see the pharma index, there has been a unanimous V-shape up move on most of them, so I opened with Inr. 5k(its min) on Reliance Pharma index.

EDIT: Always check Direct plans instead of regular.

Last edited:

raju.vzm

Yesterday, I was reviewing performance of my MF portfolio and this MF really stood out in whatever small SIP portf that I have.

Kotak select focus fund - (G) direct

The best part about this MF is that it doesn't classify itself Cap-wise or sector-wise or diversified.

It's not officially mentioned but it targets high growth sectors and their leading large caps with a small % of probably few next 50 and good midcaps Co's.
They successfully tapped Reliance and Indusind Bank which I'd never had thought of.

Other MF's I've seen stick to a diversified plan, but here, for eg. IT & Pharma are down form many months or a year now so their combined weightage is just 4-5%.
Coincidentally, this strategy relates very closes with Basant Maheshwari's method of choosing a small number of bull rally leaders.
and to Quote Warren Buffet, he says,

“Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.”

Last but not least, ST Sir also added this yest which caused me to increase a bit more weightage too :D:D

Another, gamble that I'd like to add, if you see the pharma index, there has been a unanimous V-shape up move on most of them, so I opened with Inr. 5k(its min) on Reliance Pharma index.

EDIT: Always check Direct plans instead of regular.
Hi Ravi, r u using mfu to invest in direct funds? How you are analysing your portfolio? I m using ETmoney to analyse my investments, but only problem with it is can't create more than one portfolio. Any better suggestion on this?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

I also invested in Reliance Pharma Fund on 1-7-2017 as pharma stocks are beaten out of shape and saw some recovery in them.

Smart_trade

travi

Hi Ravi, r u using mfu to invest in direct funds? How you are analysing your portfolio? I m using ETmoney to analyse my investments, but only problem with it is can't create more than one portfolio. Any better suggestion on this?
Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
1. yes, MfU for all the activities. I think currently that's the best online platform.
2. My porti in terms of MF's is small so analysis is not required. I trust the Fund manager to do that :D:D
That was on a lighter note :p but I just used the NSE index or sector index.

Mkts in there cyclic nature will have strong sector and weak one so avoid MF's relying on those weaker sectors.

3. Regarding ET Money, I don't use any of these bcos MF for me is really LT, so until NS doesn't signal a crack i'll not look at NAV's.

A small note to add, I'd moved EQ to Debt during oct-dec 2016, which was a net gain but the Debt funds also slipped after demo.
That DebtF was STP to EQ Funds in last few months, Fresh adding started this month.

Subhadip

Today i have started and searched in android apps...

Found following:

Investica...

Like that very much.

Highlight of the same:

Consumption story: 1yr -29.62%, 3 yr 80.68%

1. Reliance Top 200 (50%)
2.Sundaram Rural India Fund(25%)
3.Kotak Emerging Equity scheme(25%)

Aggressive Return 1yr 29.04%, 3 yr 101.7%
1. Kotak Emerging Euity
2.FI Smaller Companies Fund

Digit India: 1 yr 35.56%, 3 yr 52.1%
1. ICICI Peru Banking & Financial Services
2.Tata Banking & Financial Services Fund
3.Birla Sun Life Banking & Financial Services
4. SBI. Magnam Equity

Tax Saviuour: 1 yr 24%, 3 Yr 52.7%
1.Birla S L Tax relieve 96
2.DSP BR Tax saver fund
3. IDBI Equity Advantage Fund
4. Tata India Savings Fund

Wealth Builder EMI - 1 yr 35%, 3 yr 80.03 %
1.Reliance Growth
2. Templeton India Growth Fund
3. L & T Mid Cap fund
4. Canara Robeco Emerging Equity

Best of all---1 yr 30.9%, 3 yr 89.6%
1. Reliance Growth
2. Kotak Emerging Equity
3.Birla S L Small & Midcap Fund
4. FI Smaller Companies Fund

travi

During an established bull period, I have noticed midcaps will outperform the large caps very easily, so if one is confident of how much steam is left then its a good bet.

On the contrary, like in intraday, midcaps crash 10-15% in a single day. This trade-off needs attention. In bear periods, the large caps tend to loose shine the slowest.

If exit load is say 1% & if midcaps positional MF trade beats that, then short-term trade can be viable (3-6 mnths).

Subhadip

Also my search is as mutual fund can also be used as collateral for fund.

So other than liquid bees and liquid fund I can park my full fund in some mutual funds and forget them.

Let's see

checkmate7

I am also thinking of parking my money in some of the mutual funds and after checking this thread found most of the work has already been done by Subhadipji. But I have some query which may be basic one since I am not into mutual funds.

Is the time or month right to invest in the mutual fund or we should wait when there is some correction in the market???

Also should I put all the money in the mutual fund in one go or should invest 50% now and invest whenever there is dip as like stocks and can we do the same in all the funds listed here??

Very basic question can we directly invest online in these funds or do we require to visit their office. Also there is option of going through brokers but why to pay them when its free I think.
If anyone knows the website or how they regularly do that please help.

I am looking into following MF mentioned by Subhadipji.

Best of all---1 yr 30.9%, 3 yr 89.6%
1. Reliance Growth
2. Kotak Emerging Equity
3.Birla S L Small & Midcap Fund
4. FI Smaller Companies Fund

Tax Saviuour: 1 yr 24%, 3 Yr 52.7%
1.Birla S L Tax relieve 96
2.DSP BR Tax saver fund
3. IDBI Equity Advantage Fund
4. Tata India Savings Fund