M6 - Man, Mind, Money, Markets, Method & Madness

DSM

DSM

21 Indian Companies, with 384 shareholders with Mossack Fonseca. The actual no. of Indian beneficiaries/shareholders having Panama account may be more in my view as these names refer to the ones created only one legal entity, and may be just a tip of the ice-berg....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-04/mossack-fonseca-has-441-us-clients-who-are-they

Edit :

Amitabh Bachchan finally breaks his silence on Panama tax evasion case - Ankita Chaurasia (Edited excerpt)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ama-tax-evasion-case/articleshow/51700620.cms

The superstar has finally broken his silence and issued a statement clarifying his stance in the controversy. Big B's official statement reads, "I do not know any of the companies referred to by Indian Express - Sea Bulk Shipping Company Ltd, Lady Shipping Ltd, Treasure Shipping Ltd, and Tramp Shipping Ltd. I have never been a director of any of the above stated companies. It is possible that my name has been misused. I have paid all my taxes including on monies spent by me overseas. Monies that I have remitted overseas have been in compliance with law, including remittances through LRS, after paying Indian taxes. In any event the news report in Indian Express does not even suggest any illegality on my part." Hope this clears the matter once and for all.

Note : It would have been better stated and more clear if Amitabh Bachchan had plainly said that 'I do not have any bank account in Panama or any other offshore tax haven, and neither I nor my family members are beneficiaries or directors of companies in any such companies' :) :) :)

Last edited:

DSM

Speaking to an acquaintance working for an FII based in Mumbai. Exchanged some notes (No discussion of trades - as that would be conflict of interest) Posting some tidbits of information on how FII's look to trade.

What indicators do professional technical traders use? Outside of MA's and Fibonacci, the most popular indicators for traders is RSI - Which is used by around 45% of traders. MACD is next around 20%, followed by Bollinger Bands used by around 10%.

FII's desk trading basis technicals, do deep backtest of strategies going back several years to get a minute edge. First the testing goes back to a period of a decade, followed by another test (to validate the results) is applied to data of the last three years.

Surprisingly, I understand that some conventional candlestick patterns used by retail traders are disregarded. One common example was a bullish engulfing candlestick pattern when the DMA was above 50MA. Unless this was accompanied by trading volume above 3rd quintiles, it was an avoid. Interestingly, a bullish engulfing pattern when DMA was below 50MA and had trading volume in the 3rd quintile, statistically provided higher return!!! (This could possibly be basis of heavy short covering!)

To improve upon such a trade, FII's do not look at one single pattern in a stock to take a position, but rather look across the market. When a group of 10 stocks or more to fulfill this criteria, it is consider as a valid trade. When this criteria is fulfilled across 20 stocks or more, the average return over a period of a week to a month was higher.

DSM

Some more points from discussion. This is a part of checklist.

* Use preferred indicator in multiple TF. Trade has higher probability of success when indicator shows a valid signal in a higher TF.

* In trending market, use MA’s, MACD, ADX, Ichimoku.

* In sideways or a range bound market, use oscillators such as RSI or Stochastics.

* In a parabolic scenario, check for reversal basis Candlestick patterns, TD Sequential, Trendline break, divergence in momentum etc.

* Study possible entry and mark in advance key Support/Resistance levels and trend continuation.

* Use intermarket analysis. Bonds/Crude/Base Metals vs for further analysis to understand flow of funds.

* Additional analysis to gauge market direction and strength : PE Ratios, Volume, Market breadth, Put/Call Ratios and fundamental analysis.

Speaking to an acquaintance working for an FII based in Mumbai. Exchanged some notes (No discussion of trades - as that would be conflict of interest) Posting some tidbits of information on how FII's look to trade.

What indicators do professional technical traders use? Outside of MA's and Fibonacci, the most popular indicators for traders is RSI - Which is used by around 45% of traders. MACD is next around 20%, followed by Bollinger Bands used by around 10%.

FII's desk trading basis technicals, do deep backtest of strategies going back several years to get a minute edge. First the testing goes back to a period of a decade, followed by another test (to validate the results) is applied to data of the last three years.

Surprisingly, I understand that some conventional candlestick patterns used by retail traders are disregarded. One common example was a bullish engulfing candlestick pattern when the DMA was above 50MA. Unless this was accompanied by trading volume above 3rd quintiles, it was an avoid. Interestingly, a bullish engulfing pattern when DMA was below 50MA and had trading volume in the 3rd quintile, statistically provided higher return!!! (This could possibly be basis of heavy short covering!)

To improve upon such a trade, FII's do not look at one single pattern in a stock to take a position, but rather look across the market. When a group of 10 stocks or more to fulfill this criteria, it is consider as a valid trade. When this criteria is fulfilled across 20 stocks or more, the average return over a period of a week to a month was higher.

DSM

"Something Disturbing Happened" - A Futures Trader Has Some Words Of Warning By Tyler Durden (Edited excerpt)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...appened-futures-trader-has-some-words-warning

(Was reading on Zero Hedge of how institutions with deeper pockets can and do manipulate available data to the detriment of traders. While we do not have information regarding these practices on our exchanges (BSE/NSE/MCX etc, it will not be out of the bounds of probability that the same happens. Something for traders to note)

Whether trading futures or plain vanilla securities with attached stops, all the data is ultimately sold by either internalizers or exchanges to HFTs who pay lots of money to find the critical "pin" points that inflict the most pain and force the biggest market squeezes, either to the up or downside. While this may not be a major issue for long-term investors, day traders should beware as this is the activity that tends to result in violent algo-generated intraday spikes that stop out the most traders - there is nothing more that algos love than market orders, and right after that, converting a limit order into a market order - are then accelerate the direction move by covering their trade, allowing HFTs to pocket the incremental spread.

RockyRobust

"Something Disturbing Happened" - A Futures Trader Has Some Words Of Warning By Tyler Durden (Edited excerpt)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...appened-futures-trader-has-some-words-warning

(Was reading on Zero Hedge of how institutions with deeper pockets can and do manipulate available data to the detriment of traders. While we do not have information regarding these practices on our exchanges (BSE/NSE/MCX etc, it will not be out of the bounds of probability that the same happens. Something for traders to note)

Whether trading futures or plain vanilla securities with attached stops, all the data is ultimately sold by either internalizers or exchanges to HFTs who pay lots of money to find the critical "pin" points that inflict the most pain and force the biggest market squeezes, either to the up or downside. While this may not be a major issue for long-term investors, day traders should beware as this is the activity that tends to result in violent algo-generated intraday spikes that stop out the most traders - there is nothing more that algos love than market orders, and right after that, converting a limit order into a market order - are then accelerate the direction move by covering their trade, allowing HFTs to pocket the incremental spread.
Sometime back there was similar kind of News in which NSE was charged of such partial activities. I could not find the link of the news right now but if I'll find, will surely post here .

DSM

Rocky Robust,

Yes, had read the referred article about a Singapore based trader blowing the whistle on how insiders manipulate technology to the benefit for a few at the cost of many. NSE later filed a suit against Sucheta Dalal who had published this information on her website. Ironic, as NSE should actually used this information to investigate its own people and practices, but they resorted to legal means to intimidate the people who exposed the wrongdoings. :(:(:( The question to ask is whose interest NSE has at heart?

Here is the link of the article. It's very informative. But you will have to wait for sometime for the PDF to load....

http ://www.moneylife.in/article/blowing-the-whistle-on-manipulation-in-nse/42337.html (remove spaces)

Sometime back there was similar kind of News in which NSE was charged of such partial activities. I could not find the link of the news right now but if I'll find, will surely post here .

This is a part of the business,
In forex they digest and found an alternate way to hide SL, TGT etc.

ea-coder.com/stealth-ea/ - though this website is commercial , it has clear explanation about uses of stealth orders than other sources.
such EAs are available for free of cost, like our free AFLs.