Learn & earn money from the simplest methods

hello dev mookerji sir . i am realy very new here . there is no words to say about ur thread . in so far as me i ll say i ll very greatfull to u sir . one doubt sir . what is filter and what is this mean sir "If price difference is more than 2.5% between entry and SL " can u explain that sir .

To avoid false signals/whipsaws we use some % of a scrip price, we are calling it filter.

"If price difference is more than 2.5% between entry and SL " can u explain that sir .
suppose we are entering a long/buying trade @ 100. days low is 97. While trading the gap rulles we use sl as days high or low +/- 0.5% filter.

Now if we enter this trade @ 100 rs, and after entering the trade if something goes wrong and hits the SL then our loss shall be (100-97-.5) = 3.5%

My point is whether we can accept a loss of 3.5% in a single trade in intraday?

No. Thats the reason, I said earlier (maximum) upto 2.5% SL is accepted for a trade.

PS: I am trading commodities right now. So could not concentrate in this post much. If anybody can describe in a better way, kindly do it for the betterment of newbies. Thanks.

Tops & bottoms

What is "TOP" ?

A top is a point or a place in the chart where the upward journey of a price action stops and changes the direction.

What is Bottom ?

A Bottom is place in the chart from where the downward journey of a price movement stops and changes the direction.

Here is the chart for understanding it in a better way.

Attachments

and say thanks to our guru devi ji .
kindly avoid such comments in this thread.

I retreat

One request kindly avoid such comments to keep the thread lighter and without spam. Thus people will be able to view the concrete gist of this thread.

However if u wish to express your feelings (likes/dislikes) u can use thanks/appreciation buttons, available with each posts.

dev mookerjie

Re: Tops & bottoms

very educative. going through the thread page by page only today. I may have a few questions but those can wait till I completely digest all the threads. now an intermediate question regarding top and bottom
Here is the chart for understanding it in a better way.
is not March April 2008 and Jly 2008 bottoms. It is correct on hindsight later in the year that these are not bottoms but on real time in about April or July 2008 will these not lok like bottoms.
sorry for interruptions. Ir is like a student asking a doubt in the middle of the professor's lecture.

By the by I am NOT a daily trader nor derivative trader. I am little bit of hybrid investor. Most of the stocks I trade as a short term investor trying to get a 10-20% profit and quitting that stock within one or two months. But small number of prime stocks I keep for a long time . I am sure your lessons will be helpful to persons like me also. thanks.

KEEP IT UP.

Last edited: