Information regarding Capstone Securities.

worked there for 3 months; hence commenting. ****FYI**** this is going to be my personal view about the company.

Training - 2/10; you are supposed to "Tape read" and trade. But, not much training provided. Platform training is provided. Many senior traders come for lecture - but do not share any of their techniques [fair enough]; Training needs a lot of improvement.

Profit Sharing - my main reason to leave this company. It is very confusing to begin with; it is very attractive for senior traders, but totally different for new ones. Your break even per month is an uphill task. Stiphend is rs.2000/- per month. Any leave - rs.63/- is deducted. Charts are like the ones you see on odin. Chart trading is not encouraged. Low volume stocks are traded mostly - and you'll observe that the money on these low vol stocks is revolving within the company.

Mentors: mentors are provided; but it is as good as not having any. Just one or two of the senior traders bother to train their mentees. Others don't bother to talk to you.

Time: you are given a initial 3 month period to show performance in terms of profit. there is not benchmark for profit; but consistency is checked. At end of 3 months you are given an extension of another 3 months - failure to perform during this time leads to termination. But, even if you are an average performer - you are taken on the payrolls of the co. - meaning your stiphend increases to rs.8k and other benefits. However, this stiphend and other software charges, ECN charges, data charges are recoverable from you - meaning you need to make that many dollars per month else your PnL would become negative.

these are my experiences. However, there are great success stories in there [only from batch one/two n three] others just give up and leave.

good experience.

all the best.
hiring happens almost all the days throughout the year.

there is a aptitude test with time limit that you need to clear with atleast 60% . Clearing this test means you are selected - other rounds are just a formality.

there is attrition in the company - some quit, others are asked to leave. So hiring goes on...
Firstly it is 2000 to 8000. Initially if you are absorbed you will get 2000 as stipend. Profit sharing ratio has changed from what it used to be earlier, it has become worse.
They do not have a/c to trade F&O, it is just intraday trading of equities. About leverage, you do not have anything to worry about, as that is what they get, you just get a cap, that is buying power of say $5000, if you trade a stock worth $10, then number of shares you get 500. Initially you will not be trading with even 100 shares, depends on your experience of US markets, if you have then you will be trade size, else not.

Senior traders, that is those who have been profitable, take a good amount home. The payouts are good.

Finally the good thing, you do not have to give any money to them. Commissions are on the higher side as compared with other firms. But not that high that profits cannot be made. Depends how you trading pattern is. You can actually earn commission too :), instead of paying .
for everyone who wants to know abt working at capstone.
ya people earn 6 figures in dollors. but u should knoe they have 5 yrs of experience doing it. the guy who earns this much didn't earn anything for first 1 and half years but he stay put and got rewarded. its a long term game. the longer u will be in this game the more u will earn. dont come to this firm thinking u will earn lakhs in 3-4 months time. for a year or so, first of all u will earn nothing or very minmal except the salary of 8000(6000 something after the deductions).
good luck for those who want to come. be ready to get frustrated. :thumb:

PS: I am working here at present.

I have read each and every comment on this thread. Can anyone please tell me what would an average performer approximately earn after the first three months of training??? Please do not give me answers like it depends upon your performance, instead just tell me the figure for an average performer... Currently I am working at TCS and want to switchover to trading..I have a package of about 4 lacs in TCS. If I join Capstone will be able to earn the same after 3 months of training, assuming an average performance.

And how much returns an average performer generates in a month?? Kindly provide me with an approximate figure....

Thanks in advance!!!

I have read each and every comment on this thread. Can anyone please tell me what would an average performer approximately earn after the first three months of training??? Please do not give me answers like it depends upon your performance, instead just tell me the figure for an average performer... Currently I am working at TCS and want to switchover to trading..I have a package of about 4 lacs in TCS. If I join Capstone will be able to earn the same after 3 months of training, assuming an average performance.

And how much returns an average performer generates in a month?? Kindly provide me with an approximate figure....

Thanks in advance!!!
Why do you need to quit a job with decent pay and join trading, you can join a firm which gives you remote trading platform with online training and do it as a part-time during evening this way you get to keep the job as well as try a new trading career Day-Trading is a rewarding career but it takes time to learn and develop a trading strategy, i have worked at capstone it takes time to make money and to take a payout it takes more time as they have a structure where it will take you atleast 8-9 months to take your 1st payout that to if you are a exceptional performer there are firm like Dollarbird Trading through which i am trading currently which have simple payout structure of 99% without any lag or lockup.

Apti is very Easy..dont worry about it much....only thing u need to make 27/50 for passing n taht even just in 15 Minutes...if u crack that u seem to pass the big hurdle...i answered jus 33 questions but was informed by the HR in final round that i scored 33/33 that I attempted...rest, I found the HR round very interesting, I though it would be full of Stock Market Questions and Financial Market, but rather it was more about explaining my Past work experience and describing myself as an Individual over there. I loved the interaction with HR, she was pretty much friendly than jus an HR Manager. She asked me jus one question which i beleive I answered her upto her expectations, which was as " WHY U WANT TO ENTER THE WORLD OF TRADING:????? Thats all..rest was fabulous interaction with HR.

toingpoing

Happen to see lot of posts regarding this stupid Company. Yet to see a single person making real money after associating with this Company!! Seems,only frustrated souls without job break or ambitious would be traders without capital or misers not wanting to invest their own money,flock to this Company..

more like CAT.

all the best.
Are u sure its more like cat..?:confused: coz its very difficult to crack 50 questions in 15min or even 28 problems.. usually cat questions will be deep rooted. you remember any of the questions that has been asked?. you sharing that would be a great help for me. thank in advance.

I have worked with this company in the past. As far as the knowledge in terms of market regulations and technical analysis is concerned it is "ZERO", even the oldest of their traders don't know about technical analysis. To prove my point I will let you know that it was me and couple other friends of mine asked for Charting software and then only it was implemented.

Their technique is to mostly trade in low volume stocks and with a group of traders manipulating its movement (in turn using the automated bidder system to their advantage).

As far as success is concerned the management over there at my time was too concerned about risk (even $100 loss in open trade would give them a heart attack) which limits the earning capacity. However this only affects new traders who does not have much buying power at start (established traders who have more buying power can survive easily). There are much more tricks and techniques (ethical/non-ethical) used, but all is fair for money.:lol:

Note: Worst thing that made me quit that business was the clause that even if due to any technical fault of their's any loss incurred would be covered from my account. Eventually I got caught on the worst side of this scenario when at that time I was trying to establish myself this incident of "under sea optics damage" happened which brought lot of latency in quotes. Technically rendering Real time quotes as non real time and many of my trades got stuck into it and I lost huge amount. After that I lost hope to rebuild from there.

TradeOptions

I have worked with this company in the past. As far as the knowledge in terms of market regulations and technical analysis is concerned it is "ZERO", even the oldest of their traders don't know about technical analysis. To prove my point I will let you know that it was me and couple other friends of mine asked for Charting software and then only it was implemented.

Their technique is to mostly trade in low volume stocks and with a group of traders manipulating its movement (in turn using the automated bidder system to their advantage).

As far as success is concerned the management over there at my time was too concerned about risk (even $100 loss in open trade would give them a heart attack) which limits the earning capacity. However this only affects new traders who does not have much buying power at start (established traders who have more buying power can survive easily). There are much more tricks and techniques (ethical/non-ethical) used, but all is fair for money.:lol:

Note: Worst thing that made me quit that business was the clause that even if due to any technical fault of their's any loss incurred would be covered from my account. Eventually I got caught on the worst side of this scenario when at that time I was trying to establish myself this incident of "under sea optics damage" happened which brought lot of latency in quotes. Technically rendering Real time quotes as non real time and many of my trades got stuck into it and I lost huge amount. After that I lost hope to rebuild from there.
Thanks for the update Imran Bhai. It is hard to know such insider stuff otherwise.

Regards