I'm unable to sell intraday stock.

Hi, I bought 1000 stocks of XYZ @ Rs. 17 Intraday at 12:30 AM. At 3:00 PM I see that the price has gone down to Rs. 15, so I think I'd rather wait for it to go high and pay the Delivery brokerage anyway. When I am trying to sell them next day my order is getting rejected with reason "Check holdings for entity account". Please help me. I am new to Trading.

nithxp

Hi, I bought 1000 stocks of XYZ @ Rs. 17 Intraday at 12:30 AM. At 3:00 PM I see that the price has gone down to Rs. 15, so I think I'd rather wait for it to go high and pay the Delivery brokerage anyway. When I am trying to sell them next day my order is getting rejected with reason "Check holdings for entity account". Please help me. I am new to Trading.
I guess u r not selecting cnc/delivery in selling entry..
Which broker?

I.e u r tring to sell under intraday..which is not possible u need to sell under delivery u ve taken delivery

Broker is tradejini. But when I'm selling by selecting CNC my order is getting rejected. When I use MIS the sell order is getting completed and at the end of the day I am seeing a buy order of same stock of same quantity.

manishchan

Broker is tradejini. But when I'm selling by selecting CNC my order is getting rejected. When I use MIS the sell order is getting completed and at the end of the day I am seeing a buy order of same stock of same quantity.

First thing to check is whether you still have those 1000 stocks in your account. Why ???? Because... if you initially bought it for intraday and if the order was MIS. Brokers usually sqaure it off automatically after their cut off time.. which is anywhere between 3:10 - 3:20 (depends on broker). So, I guess your intraday order might have been squared off on the same day. First check to see if you have the 1000 stocks still pending. To confirm call your broker and ask if you don't see it. If gone then problem solved. If pending ask them if it is under delivery (incase you bought CNC). If it is under delivery you can sell only after T+2 days.