I invested 1 crore , now down 30 lacs, how to recover?

bunny

I am reading Ashwani Gujral's books on Technical Analysis and Derivatives.
You are 'reading'. I have already read those two books, and more than that. After familiarizing with the real things, those two books looks pretty lame!

Dr. Kale, I dont really believe that Ashwani Gujral was managing your funds. Probably he had delegated this task to some novice in his firm in which case it is extremely poor customer care.
Does it make any sense whether 'expert' ashwani gurjal or any novice is handling the funds under 'Ashwani Gujral Portfolio Service'? This is as if Anil Ambani offers customer service to all reliance mobile customers just because his group is named 'Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group'.

Ultimately there is some truth in the saying: The fool and his money are parted soon. Though it sounds harsh it is the closest to your situation and I hope that you have learnt some lessons in money management at last.
How about this... "Ashwani Gujral separates 'fools' and their money faster than anybody, and also when nobody else can"? Nice naa?

Actually, in the above sentence, it should not be 'fools', but more appropriately 'victims'. He advertises an attractive rate, and also has a 'DISCLAIMER' to protect him. However, does he disclose that in case of loss, what is the amount of money lost by his clients? Just saying that capital market is risky is not sufficient. So it is not merely fooling, but also a fraud of one kind.

Last edited:
I suggest you to close account immediately and get back your money. I am 100% you will be able to recover your lost money but not in short time, in disciplined manner slowly with lot of hard work. God bless you.

shareguard

dkardale,

I am sorry if I have unintentionally hurt you. Actually I am angry at the situation that I find you in and hence may have been harsh on you. Sorry about that.

I think you are at a beginning stage of being a stock investor/trader just like me. However, I cannot and will not ever trust anybody including Mr.Gujral with my money without first understanding what he is going to do with it.

Coming to Gujral, he is just one of many I am reading on Technical Analysis including, Alexander Elder, Bulkowski, Welles Wilder and R.N.Elliott. This is apart from regular tidbits from numerous websites including Investopedia.com and Traderji (one of the good ones) Believe me the internet is a virtually free library if you are willing to learn. Why so many sources? Because when it comes to my hard earned money I should have some modicum of control. Knowledge gives me that.

And why Gujral?? Because that is the only book I found (paid some 1000 bucks for 2 books - only time I paid money for books on TA) that gives some perspective from the TA angle about the Indian Markets. And I need not believe every word of him. Just checking, OK ?

Coming to what you want to hear from this forum - How to recover your losses? I think you are asking the wrong question. Given the fact that this is just 3% of your cash possession (1 crore being 1/10th of your cash balance) you are not in immediate throes of bankruptcy. So the question should be more like "how do I get a great return from 70 lacs (or more if you want) in future."

Now "how do you get a great return from 70 lacs (or more if you want) in future". Learn Derivative trading. You can make really good money. I can vouch this from my very little experience in the field. I am a very risk averse person and I tiptoed into the Options Market only 3 months ago after having done an MBA in Finance in 2004 and having been regularly in the stock market from 2005 onwards. When you start trading you will see how things work. And I could make a decent return of 20% on my first 7-8 transactions. (Only went for buying option on NIFTY and few other stocks based on technical anlaysis principles - no writing options.) There were mistakes but maintained stop losses and let profit run. Let myself in the deal only when charts indicated a strong trend in desired direction.

What I think you need foremost is some learning of TA and then practising money management principles. Start with this link. http://www.simple-stock-trading.com/moneymanagement.html
Then if you are really serious try some dry trades first. Or with little money - say 50K. Note down your performance on a monthly basis and gain consistency. But you have to love + have time for this kind of work.

Trade only when you are sure that there is a good deal with money lying on the table. Dont need to trade everyday. Given the kind of money you possess I think you can hire a guy to do trading for you while you set the strategy when you get time during the day. But if your current job / business doesnt allow that then FORGET STOCK MARKETS and take the Mutual Fund / FD route.

It is that simple.

PS: You may also try to get hold of all transactions to see where Gujral went wrong. It will teach you what not to do in trading. I dare say file a suit against him though I am pretty sure that he is well covered legally.

AW10

dkardale , Can't stop myself from posting to yr query.. There has been lots of suggestions /opinion already posted here.. so I wouldn't like to repeat them..
But would like to expression my views here
1) when we realised that we are in a deep hole, we got to stop digging to come out from it. Isn't that true ? Then, unanimous opinion as emerged here, is to stop Gujral managing your money.

2) Plz rethink about your financial loss bearing limit and try to set some rules for yourself. Whether u manage your fund / or someone, make sure that you know when to pull the plug, when things go wrong.
It is always game of reward v/s risk.. You certainly wanted to generate X% return on your capital.. What was the risk that u were ready to take for it ? You can split that to per month/ per quarter / per year level as well.. say 10% risk in a month, 20% in a quarter, etc.
You make money in trading/investing by SELLING, not by buying. You only make paper profit by holding.. Real money comes only when u sell it. Hence EXITs are most crucial part here.
Spend time on that and Learn the basics and if possible advance part of it.

3) Seems, you are not into active trading/investing.. that is fine. You can very well give your money to others to manage. It is like outsourcing your business to someone (like giving construction to a builder, giving woodwork to decorator etc). You got to manage the show when others are doing the work. For that u need to know how to manage it.. how to verify their credentials before giving them contract, knowing when and how to tighten them and set them right, know what kind of reporting /status updates u need to monitor them..
If you don't know all these.. then believe me.. other person is going to take u for ride.. just because of your ignorance. They are in the business..and they know it very well how to market their service and
grab clients. You need to learn the skill to manage them.. and not become their victim

In this forum, majority of people are active trader. They may not have outsourced their funds to someone else to manage it (their might be mutual fund investor but that is different style then what u are looking for). So, better to also seek advise from right people.. who know how to manage fund managers.

4) And if you decide to learn trading on your own, then Plz don't start it with big capital.

5) Please stop beating yourself for this mistake. I think, u have already realised that there is something wrong. Good that u are searching for solution. So now take decision on what you are going to do next (you might be doing atleast few things).. and start taking ACTION..

Your future return will depend on those ACTION.. so focus on them..

All the best.

ps- In the past, we had similar thread from a sr. citizen who had lost major chunk of retirement fund in mkt crash. Chk it out, for some more suggestion.
http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/25682-looking-advice-help.html

rajputz

Guys,
I invested 1 crore in Stock market. Ashwani Gujral is managing my funds.
After reading his books and his Resume , i decided to go with him.
His web site promises lots of things and the result shown on the front page are impressive. But belive me, the website shows totally diffrent figures from actual transactions in my account.

It has been one year now , I am down by 30 lacs.

Any way, its not about him, its about me. He has his disclaimer to protect him. I found myself completely stupid and hopless about situation.

Now, what should I do, how should I recover my losses, should I continue with him till breakeven or should I just exit.

I know you are absolutly upset with me , I can take any kind of answer in any kind of langauge , as I deserve it.

Thanks
:mad:
DELETED CONTENT - WRONGLY ADDRESSED

Put the least money you can and learn to trade with that. you need to have atleast three years of market experience before putting so much money in. Share market is very tempting, when you think that you put the large money in, and you will get large money out. But thats the first way to blow your account. Believe me its true. Happened with me in start. So now is also the time. Keep aside your 6975000 in fd, and try to learn trading with 25000, that is with one lot of nifty. Try to increase it to double or tripple in 1 year. If you can do that then only you can handle large money.

Its ur hard earned money, and you dont want to lose it on share buisness. And widout knowledge, you are on your way to getting broke.

Last edited:
Guys,
I invested 1 crore in Stock market. Ashwani Gujral is managing my funds.
After reading his books and his Resume , i decided to go with him.
His web site promises lots of things and the result shown on the front page are impressive. But belive me, the website shows totally diffrent figures from actual transactions in my account.

It has been one year now , I am down by 30 lacs.

Any way, its not about him, its about me. He has his disclaimer to protect him. I found myself completely stupid and hopless about situation.

Now, what should I do, how should I recover my losses, should I continue with him till breakeven or should I just exit.

I know you are absolutly upset with me , I can take any kind of answer in any kind of langauge , as I deserve it.

Thanks
:mad:
hi friend,
if you are genuinely interested in a headacheless resolution pm me your mail id
goodbye

Sultaan

I think it would be better if only succesfull traders put in their advice, instead of anybody, please understand, many who are just starting or are mostly unsuccessfull are best in giving advice to other newbies, though think from your own point of view, if you are in trouble & want advice , would you like 20 new guys coming to give advice, I am sure you would get more confused and lost. so AMATEURS please dont pretend to be PROS :lol:

and my 2 cents: when you hears words like "if you are genuinely interested in a headacheless resolution pm me your mail id" run away fast & hard :rofl:

I think you are the guy who once started a thread on TJ regarding how to invest i crore in share market. But you overlooked the advice of every body.

I suggested you that time also that put the least money you can and learn to trade with that. you need to have atleast three years of market experience before putting so much money in. Share market is very tempting, when you think that you put the large money in, and you will get large money out. But thats the first way to blow your account. Believe me its true. Happened with me in start. So now is also the time. Keep aside your 6975000 in fd, and try to learn trading with 25000, that is with one lot of nifty. Try to increase it to double or tripple in 1 year. If you can do that then only you can handle large money.

Its ur hard earned money, and you dont want to lose it on share buisness. And widout knowledge, you are on your way to getting broke.
Thanks Rajput.
1. This is my first thered on tradji. I never asked for advice how to invest 1 crore on this forum, so no question of overlooking. If you can trust.
I never hide anything. Even my ID reflect my identity.
2. I will follow your suggestion and of others.
3. I will take time to study and invest with very small amount. <3 years and may be 25 K to start with>

rajputz

Thanks Rajput.
1. This is my first thered on tradji. I never asked for advice how to invest 1 crore on this forum, so no question of overlooking. If you can trust.
I never hide anything. Even my ID reflect my identity.
2. I will follow your suggestion and of others.
3. I will take time to study and invest with very small amount. <3 years and may be 25 K to start with>
Sorry dude. then it must be some one else. Cause i once read some where on forum about a guy asking how to invest 1 crore in share market. Really Sorry.

And best of Luck :thumb:.

sudoku1

Focusing ur life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks 2 little of urself. Bcoz it's only when u hitch ur wagon 2 something larger than urself that u realize ur true potential. :)