I invested 1 crore , now down 30 lacs, how to recover?

what i suggest is that ,remove your money from aswini gujral scheme,company wateva the thing is ,and invests in any blue chip infra company ,your loss will be covered in less than six months ,u may even make profits any other investment avenues does not make any sense.u can even buy reality stocks if u have a view of lets say six months or so.if u want stocks specific idea,than let me know,i will jus suggests you,i dont have any consulting company or nothing of that sought,even i am an investor like you k
so jus let me knoe did my views helped you or not
According to me never trade on someone's advice unless you also have the same view.

pasha

It's was very difficult to loose money entering in March 2009, that too 30%.
My advice is to take the balance and run, the market is in for very tough times in the near future.
Whoever you put your money with, make sure you have some sort of performance guarantee. There are good money managers, so look around and do your homework before putting down any money.

Guys,
I invested 1 crore in Stock market. Ashwani Gujral is managing my funds.
After reading his books and his Resume , i decided to go with him.
His web site promises lots of things and the result shown on the front page are impressive. But belive me, the website shows totally diffrent figures from actual transactions in my account.

It has been one year now , I am down by 30 lacs.

Any way, its not about him, its about me. He has his disclaimer to protect him. I found myself completely stupid and hopless about situation.

Now, what should I do, how should I recover my losses, should I continue with him till breakeven or should I just exit.

I know you are absolutly upset with me , I can take any kind of answer in any kind of langauge , as I deserve it.

Thanks
:mad:
Have you inherited or made it on your own ? If not inherited then,what kind of business do you have and what time did it take to make that money ? If you can answer these questions i think it will be easier to find right solutions?
There are thing that i've learnt by trading, maybe it helps you :
1) Asking right question is much more important than seeking the right answer.
2)Always trade to make profits. If you trade to cover your losses you may find yourself in deeper hole soon.
3)Everybody gets what they want out of the market -Ed Seykota. So why are you here? The fact that you hired someone to manage your portfolio suggests that you do not have the time/knowledge/desire/risk apetite to do it yourself. So you can go and do what you do to make the money, the way you know to make it.

People make money by investing very few people make money by trading.
As for thecnical analyst, the closest analogy I can give is that they are like Jyotishi . They claim to have scientific basis for ther claims, but most of which can be easily disputed. nevertheless it works for some people, very few people though.

Ask your self whether you want to waste your time-energy here or go and cover the losses by methods where your competence lies. in short go back to your business.

praveen taneja

What's your suggestion buddy?

I thought that FD is the easiest option for breaking even, specially someone does not trade himself.
Bro FD is for people who are senior citizen and cant take risk and they have spare money as its return is less then inflation so it is sure a loss:thumb:
He have to make a diversified portfolio for MF for stocks for investing in gold
in MF he have to chose STP in debt fund and then a SIP in equity that to in groth it must be in large cap but in dividend pay out and in growth of mid cap fund

I am reading Ashwani Gujral's books on Technical Analysis and Derivatives. Both seem to be good and in line with what I read about technical analysis in other good books available internationally. I am not saying Mr.Gujral has written the ultimate books on technical analysis and derivatives. The books are important as it discusses various facets of the Indian Market which I have not found elsewhere ( even on this forum). In fact I am little suspicious whether this is a way to shift blame to Mr.Gujral, who is a well known figure, when the person may have lost money trying to trade himself after reading Mr.Gujral's books. My suspicion is heightened as somebody else also pointed out - how can someone who knows about stock trading losing money in 2009??

Dr. Kale, I dont really believe that Ashwani Gujral was managing your funds. Probably he had delegated this task to some novice in his firm in which case it is extremely poor customer care.

Now it is easy to shift blame to others when in my humble opinion, you should take the blame on yourself- for choosing somebody to manage your funds and not keeping a regular check on the transactions.

If it is a series of mistakes which caused loss of 30 lacs then you should have stopped using this fund manager after 10 transactions. If it is that 30 lacs was lost in one or few transactions then you should not have allowed to take such large risks.

Ultimately there is some truth in the saying: The fool and his money are parted soon. Though it sounds harsh it is the closest to your situation and I hope that you have learnt some lessons in money management at last.

earn back

Do not lose confidence.
Safely park your money elsewhere.
If you want to trade allot 1/10 th of your present capital for trading.But do not take that money all at once for trading.
Deeply study books about trading. Buy a software like Amibroker or Metastock .Paper trade for sometime.Gain confidence. Later on enter into trading
According to me even with a capital of 5 lakhs you can gain back the lost 30 lakhs in 3 years (maximum ) if you have systematic trading and patience .
Again do not pour further any money into trading .Always put the profit into it for trading.
After gaining back that 30 lakhs INVEST according to Benjamin Graham's Book ( the Intelligent Investor ). or if you choose to go for Investing that 7 lakhs perhaps it may be the wisest decision.Trading or Investing not more than 25 % of your capital .( 10 for trading 15 for investing .)
May you have a happy life.

I am reading Ashwani Gujral's books on Technical Analysis and Derivatives. Both seem to be good and in line with what I read about technical analysis in other good books available internationally. I am not saying Mr.Gujral has written the ultimate books on technical analysis and derivatives. The books are important as it discusses various facets of the Indian Market which I have not found elsewhere ( even on this forum). In fact I am little suspicious whether this is a way to shift blame to Mr.Gujral, who is a well known figure, when the person may have lost money trying to trade himself after reading Mr.Gujral's books. My suspicion is heightened as somebody else also pointed out - how can someone who knows about stock trading losing money in 2009??

Rajadawn.
His books are good as long as one follows it. He never followed the money managemtn principles. Some times no stop loss. Belive me I am not lying.
You wont belive , some times tere used to be magine short fall notice.

You see his calls on poweryourtrade. Espcially Nifty call. He was short on nifty @ 4800 and he waited for 5200 for stop loss. I lost 8 lac there.
And I dont have time to check the account every day. May be once a week.

Any way. I am stupid , that is alredy proven, so I dont want to defend myself.
You have just started reading his bokks. Good. But one advice from me , never trust his calls , never give him your money.

By the way MR. Gujral was handling this account and I used to speak to him once a while.

Dr. Kale, I dont really believe that Ashwani Gujral was managing your funds. Probably he had delegated this task to some novice in his firm in which case it is extremely poor customer care.

Now it is easy to shift blame to others when in my humble opinion, you should take the blame on yourself- for choosing somebody to manage your funds and not keeping a regular check on the transactions.

If it is a series of mistakes which caused loss of 30 lacs then you should have stopped using this fund manager after 10 transactions. If it is that 30 lacs was lost in one or few transactions then you should not have allowed to take such large risks.

Ultimately there is some truth in the saying: The fool and his money are parted soon. Though it sounds harsh it is the closest to your situation and I hope that you have learnt some lessons in money management at last.
Rajadawn,
I salute your incedible love for Ashwani Gujral. I have never denied that it is not my fault. I take the blame. Do you have any answer , how to recover the losses ?

hi
i have an solution. my friend does for me portfolio who i believe an master, as he has kept principles of money management and excellent communication. i have started with an an small capital of 2 lkahs , it has grown 2.16 in first month. second month i have incresed the capital to 3.5 lakhs , in the last 15dayes it has grown to again 14000 return. i plan to increse further .those who have lost money definetly dont loose heart , insted of trading yourself , engage professions , not big investment firms or masters like gujral etc, but common man , whom u trust and belive he trades better than u.:clap::clap:

ravi