How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

augubhai

Hello Utham Kamlesh,

How to get charts for other symbols like Zinc Mini from website esignal dot com. I tried various techniques to get it, but failed. Of course the search returns symbol name and exchange.

Also which exchange is closely followed by MCX. Please confirm. Thanks.
For all MCXindia commodities, you can get intraday charts at http://mcxactmini.mcxindia.com/MCXOnlineCommodities.aspx. The intraday charts are available on trading days only. Not sure if they are delayed.

For the most important global commodities, you could check out Forexpros.
http://www.forexpros.com/commodities/copper-advanced-chart. Major commodities are available on the chart, but not zinc.

Theorem-08: Low Volumes and Volatility are Often precursor to High Volatility in Price Action (PA).

Just because markets are dynamic place and their primary job is To churn money from weak hands to strong hands.

Theorem - 09: Every MOVE in the market has 'AT LEAST' 3 legs.

AT LEAST is a rare word when used in trading just because trading is a game of probability and markets are a chaotic place. So take a note of it.
This was the most precious fact (Secret) to me analyzing markets. Thanks to Robert Miner!

Well....as mentioned earlier it is important to know what the market MOVE is, i.e., what the market is doing basically
....BUYING or SHORT COVERING,
....SELLING or SHORT-SELLING.

As in the chart below you can see there are three legs OA-AB-BC. Those guys who don't use this fact just use indicators often get whipsawed and blame it to the markets or operators. What happens is that indicator may be finally right but due to emergence of BC leg they get confused and book losses or enter with wrong timing.

Corollary of Theorem - 09:

(a) If BC is weaker than OA (weaker means 1. Lower Volume 2. Sharpness (angle with the horizontal), 3. Price distance moved, 4. Not making new Low/High, )
Correction is over and MajorTrend shall resume eventually. BUY/SELL above/below B.

(b) If BC is stronger than OA (stronger means 1. Higher volume 2. Sharpness (angle with the horizontal) 3. Price distance moved, 4. Making new Low/High)
A short term Trend may be in the making so a further FOLLOW-UP is most likely event.

If it again makes a new High/Low or better if it Closes there, a new Trend is born at least in the short term, i.e., immediate TF in the analysis.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Dear kamlesh
thanks a lot for guiding us newcomers in commodity. Is it possible to place pre market opening orders in mcx.I have seen that one can't place orders betwwen 9.45 am to 9.59 am. In the remaing 1 min even if i place my order and quote the highest on buying side my order will not get thro. Pls . shed some light on this. Once again thanks a lot for starting this thread

Dear kamlesh
thanks a lot for guiding us newcomers in commodity. Is it possible to place pre market opening orders in mcx.I have seen that one can't place orders between 9.45 am to 9.59 am. In the remaing 1 min even if i place my order and quote the highest on buying side my order will not get thro. Pls . shed some light on this. Once again thanks a lot for starting this thread
Before 10:00:00 AM MCX cannot accept any orders. Any orders you place will be with the broker. Then after 10:00:01 AM broker's terminal transmits it to the exchange. There are market makers whom we retailers cannot compete just because they have better access, better technology, bigger orders, @market orders.

@market orders always get preference.

Kamlesh Uttam

Hi Guys!.....meanwhile let me introduce myself.

I am a day-jobber, an IITian, employed in a PSU, R&D division. Have done teaching too so i try to simplify complicated things:).

Well.... i heard the word 'Technical Analysis' on TV then googled it and came to know that markets provide information which can be processed to benefit from it. There are tools and a huge experience of legendary traders.

I kept on reading and reading. I attacked Dow Theory first and then Elliot Wave theory. Then so many books. I always wanted to be a well-read person as an edge is necessary for long term survival. It's all in the books. Thanks to The Internet.

Well... It takes time, hard work and perseverance to become a surgeon, a lawyer, a player, and also a TRADER. But beauty with the trading business is that It is SCALABLE. which inspired me to work hard and harder.

That's up for now. Later we 'll talk other things.

Kamlesh Uttam
Hey Kamlesh,
Planning to start off as a trader, have been reading n reading. Your thread for sure is a great inspiration. Would follow it and ask for doubts. Many thanks for starting this thread. Hope people like me will get to learn a lot through these posts and prepare us for a better trader. Cheers.:)

Rajeevji

the following i read in some forum:

Buy when it goes up and sell when it goes down!!

My understanding of what he was telling me is this:

Buy when prices are moving up. Buy each retrace/dip. Keep buying until the last retrace becomes a trend change which is the one trade you lose on.

Sell when prices are moving down. Sell each retrace/rally. Keep selling until the last retrace becomes a trend change which is the second trade you lose on.

I have not traded like this as I have my own method/style now but on the look backs I have done it works very well. Obviously, the trendier the price, the better it works....

Thank you, Dr. Joe
Thanks for sharing these forgotten insight. And the nick name you have choosen (looser) is is really good. Wish we could exchange.

regards

Rajeev

Status
Not open for further replies.