How to invest 40 lakhs in equity, FnO, commodities etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I would suggest whatever trading you do, you should start with only 10% of your capital initially in your case around 4 lakhs and see how good are your results from trading. Give yourself a time frame and a target of the % returns you want to generate from the amount you have invested.
If you feel you are successful in achieving your goals then only think of pumping in more capital.

SexyTrader

Tomorrow I'm going to buy HDFC(Fut) coz at the current prices, this is going good.....this one should touch 720-724 very soon ! Maximum lots the way to go :thumb:

Happy Trading all the time!

Tomorrow I'm going to buy HDFC(Fut) coz at the current prices, this is going good.....this one should touch 720-724 very soon ! Maximum lots the way to go :thumb:

Happy Trading all the time!
Have you squared off Ashok Leyland ? At what price ?

SexyTrader

Have you squared off Ashok Leyland ? At what price ?
No....I'm holding AshokLeyland(Fut) and will hold till it reaches 28.50 or atleast 28. :thumb:

it may or may not happen this month, but the fundamentals are intact...so I see no reason to panic and exit :)

Today I'm buying HDFC(Fut) at the current price range....my target for HDFC(Fut) is 723-724 :thumb:

mravi

ST

I want to draw your attention to BAJAJ-AUTO. Give your comments.

SexyTrader

ST

I want to draw your attention to BAJAJ-AUTO. Give your comments.
Bajaj-Auto looks expensive at the current prices....I would say its good for Short-sell :thumb:

I would not enter Bajaj-auto at these prices. :)

mravi

I shorted BAJAJ-AUTO yesterday and today I covered it with meeky 3 point gains.

The question that is eating my brain is "How to trade in Highly volatile stocks?" Stocks like BAJAJ-AUTO, AXISBANK.. they move in a range of 5 to 10 rupees at least two three times in a day. Or it is just a perception problem?

Last edited:

SexyTrader

I shorted BAJAJ-AUTO yesterday and today I covered it with meeky 3 point gains.

The question that is eating my brain is "How to trade in Highly volatile stocks?" Stocks like BAJAJ-AUTO, AXISBANK.. they move in a range of 5 to 10 rupees at least two three times in a day. Or it is just a perception problem?
These may be volatile, but they are expensive stocks...hence I do not venture playing with them :)

I'm happy playing with F&O stocks that are under Rs.200 or so....the returns are better and the volatility is good :thumb:

Big stocks like Bajaj-Auto, Axis Bank etc are good for delivery buy/sell, not so much for FUTURES coz I do not know how to predict which way they will swing at any given time....given their huge size and price !

mravi

I think there should be a division between stocks that move NIFTY, and stocks that follow NIFTY.

Now stocks that follow NIFTY - may be going to provide better trade.

Any thoughts on this?

SexyTrader

I think there should be a division between stocks that move NIFTY, and stocks that follow NIFTY.

Now stocks that follow NIFTY - may be going to provide better trade.

Any thoughts on this?
Personally I only play with stocks that move :thumb: and have good volumes and not a punter's stock....

Other than that, I do not care much whether they move the Nifty or follow it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.