How to invest 40 lakhs in equity & FnO and profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not go into details, but ST's statement is correct that Option Price depends a lot on Gamma and IV. Just because the spot price is same, does not means that the Option Price would also be same as the previous incidence.

Even if the spot price remains exactly the same, still the option price can go up or down, based on other factors. It happens all the time, nothing new in this.
Read post #219, I have clearly said that the position has 7 days of time decay but at the start of the month. IV could be different, even that give him the benefit of doubt.
Gamma is important at OTM strikes towards the end of the month. At the start of the month it is negligible for the ATM strike of 8350 which he supposedly sold.
Only 3 factors that matter at the start of the month are vega, theta and delta for ATM

The time decay was worth about Rs.10 and add in some volatility of another Rs.15 which most probably was NOT there. The total is still well short of 100 points profit that he claims.
The ce entry and exit prices have been conveniently left out of his posts.
He has been caught many times before this so no answer is expected..

Do you think that the claim of profit of 100 points is true or false??

SexyTrader

Read post #219, I have clearly said that the position has 7 days of time decay but at the start of the month. IV could be different, even that give him the benefit of doubt.
Gamma is important at OTM strikes towards the end of the month. At the start of the month it is negligible for the ATM strike of 8350 which he supposedly sold.
Only 3 factors that matter at the start of the month are vega, theta and delta for ATM

The time decay was worth about Rs.10 and add in some volatility of another Rs.15 which most probably was NOT there. The total is still well short of 100 points profit that he claims.

Its not necessary for me to share entry and exit prices. Coz thats a part of my trading strategy so will not share and I will do it my way :thumb:

I'm making profits in any case....hope you too? :)

TradeOptions

Strategist bro, what you have explained might be completely true. As I mentioned earlier, I have not gone into details and I do not have the time to check out the historical data to find out what the exact values were at that time and then do the proper calculations etc.

I was simply making a general statement that the Options Price could change to a great extent even though the spot price remains the same.

Regarding, whether ST is making real money or not, I am not at all bothered. If I learn something from this thread, then that is good for me, otherwise I will simply move away to some other thread. But if you intend to warn any new users who might want to blindly follow such trading, then you have all the right to do so.

With my best regards
:)

SexyTrader

Yes :(

Tomorrow I plan to buy several lots of 8200 CE July as I feel Nifty may not break 8300 :)
Bought several lots of 8200 CE Aug at 290/- now :thumb: Easy profits soon coz 8300 would not be broken!

SexyTrader

Status
Not open for further replies.