How Many Of Us Do Full Time Trading?

WHAT TYPE OF TRADER UR??

• Total voters

4xpipcounter

I don't know anyone to keep that pace up, because they are going to withdraw to support themselves. Also, as you grow in your trading, you just naturally keep less in your account, because you know you don't need the huge amounts to make a living. After all 100% on 10K is 10K. How much more do you need to live on?
Also, 100% compounded like that on 10K yields $400 billion over 1 year. The brokers won't let you do that.

10 lots with 2.5L....wow 100% return in 1 month then 20 lots in 2nd, 40 in 3rd,80 in 4th, 160 in 5th, 320 in 6th... i think it will not take much time to beat Ambanis by market cap..... he he he he...HEY BHAGWAN KAISE CALCULATE KARTE HO YAR TUM LOG.....????
Why to start with 10 lots.. it can be start only with 1 lot.. and will take only 4 months more than to start with 2.5L....and will overtake...any Billionaire in this world.....with just only 25K of capital....KYA ZAROORAT HAI KOI DHANDHA KARNE KI..LAPHDA PALNE KI...BAS STOCK MARKET MEIN AAO.. AUR ARABPATI BAN JAO...VERY SIMPLE...:clap:

AREY MERE BHAI YADI KOI 25 POINTS BHI PAKKA KARLE EVERY MONTH....THEN THERE IS NO NEED WORK ANYTHING ELSE THAN FUTURE TRADING...YOUR CAPITAL WILL GROW AND YOU CAN EASILY ADD LOTS EVERY MONTH... PAR KYA KOI HAI JO 100% SURE HO... 25 POINTS KE LIYE BHI??????

hi friends:thumb:

i have recently started full time trading...but unfortunately due to lack of plannin n information i lost 30% of capital invest...i came across this site yday...itz vry vry useful n informative..it brought back my otherwise down spirit....

regards

4xpipcounter

In other words, you are saying you started with, say, $1,000, grew it to $5,000 the next month, $25,000 the next, $125,000 the next, $625,000 the next, $3,125,000 the next, and $15,625,000 the next? This makes $1/4 trillion the first year.
Also, what would the difference be in trading options, spot currency, or OTC commodities when it comes to earning potential?
What I'm saying is you have totally missed the practical element, and even if you did make 400% in one month, you did it with high risk.
I'm FT, and I do not need to make even 100% to make a good income.

every thing is possible in share market.one can get even 400% return by trading options

There is a basic flaw in the logic of calculating returns on your capital and both futures traders and options traders make wrong calculations while calculating the returns on trading capital . Illustrations as under :

Futures Traders : Most standard flaw in the calculation of returns by futures traders is that they calculate returns on the margin required to be kept with the broker and not on their total trading capital . Suppose you have Rs 10,00,000 trading capital allocated to a method.....and you decide to risk 1.5 % of your trading capital on a trade. That gives you an amount of Rs 15,000 to be risked on your trade.so if your stoploss is say 40 points away from your entry point, you can take a trade of say 350 Nifty Futures or 7 Lots. Suppose you make 100 points profit on this trade, your profit is Rs 35000 . And here comes the flaw.....the margin required for maitaining 350 Nifty Futures position is say Rs 2,00,000 then calculating the return as (35000 /200000) x100 or 17.5 % is incorrect. The return has to be calculated on total capital of Rs 10,00,000 ( here we can add risk free return on balance Rs 3,00,000 kept with us....but not considering that as it will be a megre amount anyway ) so the return is (35000 /10,00,000) x100 or 7%.......see the difference in calculations....

Options Traders : Considering same example of Rs 10,00,000 account and here even if you decide to put 5 % of your capital on a trade and you buy a call or put of Rs 100 as a premium you can buy 500 Nifty options or 10 lots. Assuming the premium goes to Rs 300 ( every option trader knows that such trades are not too common but still ......) so you make a profit of Rs 1,00,000 from this trade.For calculating returns you have to calculate on Rs 10,00,000 so it becomes 10 % of the capital .Calculating the returns on premium paid of Rs 50,000 and saying we made 200 % returns on the capital is incorrect. I am sure no option trader who wants to survive in the market will put all Rs 10,00,000 in premiums paid and buy calls/puts of the entire amount .

Another flaw is showing that you buy deep out of money options at low price and show high returns percentage. But in practice will we ever put Rs 50,000 on 300 -400 points out of the money options ?

I am not debating what returns are possible but just pointing at the logic flaws which I see most of the times in showing inflated/unrealistic returns calculations. One can certainly make very good money in trading but when I see /hear talk of 200 % returns per month I know that such things are possible only on Excel sheet calculations.

Smart_trade

praveen taneja

sir as per your view what should be the averge return for which one MUST try to extract from mkt if he is not trading full time/ and full time
I am talking about % not for money bcoz from one crore 50k possible easily but from one lac too hard every mnth

sir as per your view what should be the averge return for which one MUST try to extract from mkt if he is not trading full time/ and full time
I am talking about % not for money bcoz from one crore 50k possible easily but from one lac too hard every mnth
Praveenbhai,

The range is very wide and varies from trader to trader. But in parttime or trading on daily timeframes if one makes 60-80 % returns per annum on average, ie 5 to 7 % return on trading capital per month it is a good return.

For full time traders I have seen a very wide range....from 8% per month to 50 % per month but the average should be about 10 to 12 % per month or double your capital in a year.....Futures traders making 50 % per month are masters in their craft and everyone cannot achieve anywhere near that return.Also maintaining this rate of return is very tough. Returns also dip when the capital increases as need for trading more methods/markets make monitoring a bit of a problem.

The above is based on futures trading and risking 1-1.5% of the capital on a trade.

On average if one is making 7-10 % per month he is doing a great job in my view.

Smart_trade

Last edited: