How many FullTime/Professional Traders here?

Please stand up! Describe yourself and your trading style.

CV
:eek:
I am Not Full Time Trader. Earlier I was trading with Tips from my Broker or other friends..:) ....But after gaining some knowledge from Traderji.... Doing home work before trading.... now have interest in day trading....working on some of my own formula....

haii sankoorikal
r u f kerala.i was looking for some fm kerala.
kurian
[email protected]

QUOTE=sankoorikal;61943]I am a Full Time Trader
http://www.traderji.com/61452-post5.html

Still you didn't get any Malayali bhai on traderji...:)

CV, It is great to see you posting again after a long time. Sure hope to see some more of those excellent posts from you.

I am not a full time trader. I started trading just about one year ago. I went through a classic transition as far as trading is concerned, when I first chanced to read about Candlesticks by Nison. I was then hooked on to TA after that and hungrily devoured book after book on TA in my quest for the holy grail ;)

My style is mainly discretionary swing trading where I try to buy pullbacks in a strong trend. My holding period varies from about a week to about 2 months where I try to book partial profits at about 1 R profit and hold on to the rest with an ATR stop or a moving average crossover. I do like to use indicators in conjuction with price as opposed to looking at price action alone and am a big fan of Martin Pring's book on momentum.

As i said, most of this is still discretionary and I cant claim to yet have a system in place - but getting there is surely one heck of a ride. I now know that there is no holy grail (except LBR's 20 MA pullback setup...hehe) and I think I can understand what it means when expert traders like CV talk about "having an edge" :)

Would love to hear other traders talk about their trading style.

C

CreditViolet

Hi CV,

It would be great to have this thread start off with a description of yourself and your trading style.For us who joined after your first stint here,that would be great to know.

Thanks,

Anu

Hi Anupama
I have been trading for four years now.My style is a mix of systematic and discretionary trading. I run 8 automated systems during the trading day of which 5 of them are used for discretionary input.I trade futures only.I was working for a private equity fund last year but quit because of the restrictive style of trading.Now I am back on my own ( and hence time to post at traderji).I advice couple of fund managers with technical input and few investors whenever I get time.So that's pretty much it.

CV

C

CreditViolet

CV, It is great to see you posting again after a long time. Sure hope to see some more of those excellent posts from you.

I am not a full time trader. I started trading just about one year ago. I went through a classic transition as far as trading is concerned, when I first chanced to read about Candlesticks by Nison. I was then hooked on to TA after that and hungrily devoured book after book on TA in my quest for the holy grail ;)

My style is mainly discretionary swing trading where I try to buy pullbacks in a strong trend. My holding period varies from about a week to about 2 months where I try to book partial profits at about 1 R profit and hold on to the rest with an ATR stop or a moving average crossover. I do like to use indicators in conjuction with price as opposed to looking at price action alone and am a big fan of Martin Pring's book on momentum.

As i said, most of this is still discretionary and I cant claim to yet have a system in place - but getting there is surely one heck of a ride. I now know that there is no holy grail (except LBR's 20 MA pullback setup...hehe) and I think I can understand what it means when expert traders like CV talk about "having an edge" :)

Would love to hear other traders talk about their trading style.

Great Post ksganesh
Your approach to trading is very refreshing.Wishing you all the success

CV