How long have you been using internet forums like Traderji

How long have you used internet forums like traderji.com ?

• Total voters

columbus

To all those who responded or voted here, what kind of forums have you experienced ?? I mean general chit-chat forums or dedicated, special-purpose forums like traderji.com ??

Before traderji, my long experience was limited to general purpose forums. But the net is full of forums dedicated to a specific topic. Some are of course, finance related, some for automobiles, software, poetry, some country specific, some humorous etc..
Before coming to traderji.com ,I was quite active in Moneycontrol.com.
But people's urge to share and charts by different software really ,fascinated
me and I am bonded with Traderji, forever.

Before coming to traderji.com ,I was quite active in Moneycontrol.com.
But people's urge to share and charts by different software really ,fascinated
me and I am bonded with Traderji, forever.
Yes. That's something great about Traderji, newbies are tolerated and taught. There is an innate courtesy which encourages an entrant to learn. Maybe that's why it is such a highly ranked website. It is ranked around 25000 in entire internet and about 1700 among the regional (Indian) websites. Also, it has a traffic of over 20000 per day !!!

I had known about TJ for 3-4 years and used to browse it somewhat irregularly. The stuff posted here used to appear so hi-fi to me that I used to feel like a duffer :) (still am, but don't feel like it :rofl:)

Some unsung hero I found in this forum...............Thnx TJ

My first internet forum was a great website called Gandmasti.com :lol: Really! It's the truth. I became a member of it in 1999 and stayed on almost till its closure sometime in 2002-03.

That forum, true to its name, was a real Nukkad or Chaupal (street corner) style place. It also happened to be an inspiration to many "Desi" internet forums.

praveen taneja

My first internet forum was a great website called Gandmasti.com :lol: Really! It's the truth. I became a member of it in 1999 and stayed on almost till its closure sometime in 2002-03.

That forum, true to its name, was a real Nukkad or Chaupal (street corner) style place. It also happened to be an inspiration to many "Desi" internet forums.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What a name bro You made my weekend:p

columbus

Yes. That's something great about Traderji, newbies are tolerated and taught. There is an innate courtesy which encourages an entrant to learn. Maybe that's why it is such a highly ranked website. It is ranked around 25000 in entire internet and about 1700 among the regional (Indian) websites. Also, it has a traffic of over 20000 per day !!!

I had known about TJ for 3-4 years and used to browse it somewhat irregularly. The stuff posted here used to appear so hi-fi to me that I used to feel like a duffer :) (still am, but don't feel like it :rofl:)
......but you look like a PRO.Thats is how a PRO is born ......

......but you look like a PRO.Thats is how a PRO is born ......
It's just as well that you are looking at my avatar. Had you seen my real pic, you would've have said that I look like a "Wanted" and that's how a "Wanted" is born :lol:

Anyway, the information about traderji.com is available on the internet on the website rating sites.

The point I wanted to make is, increasing traffic, while it denotes the success of a website, brings its own problems of traffic control. Some websites have dedicated (paid) moderators whose only job is to keep an eye on the posts and do whatever the mods are supposed to do. But with most of the websites the moderators are volunteers.

Traffic control becomes more difficult

1) not only with increasing traffic, but also with increasing length of stay of the members on the site. It's people, after all. So, some become friends, some not so friendly, and some hostile.​

2) Familiarity breeds contempt, says the proverb. So, as people get more comfortable with each other, there may be some friendly insults, and not knowing the person in real life, the reactions may be unpredictable.​

3) Success is it's own enemy. A champion is always a target. A champion is a fair game....So, the more successful a website is, the more it becomes prone to hacker attacks and spamming and what not. These are external attacks.​

columbus

It's just as well that you are looking at my avatar. Had you seen my real pic, you would've have said that I look like a "Wanted" and that's how a "Wanted" is born :lol:
what matters most ,is the inner matter (brain) than outer matter(appearance).

Rajeevji

Traderji.com is the best amongst forums on trading and I am lucky to be here for more than two years.

There is very big forum at trade2win (UK) but the usefulness of posts is poor. Have stopped visiting.

A smaller but good one is tradingblox (US) but it gives limited access and I couldnot find a way join.

Elitetrader (US) is also not as good as traderji.com.

My congratulations and thanks to the Moderators for Traderji for having one of the best forums in the world on trading.

best wishes

Rajeev