How long have you been using internet forums like Traderji

How long have you used internet forums like traderji.com ?

• Total voters
Traderji.com is an amazing place. Here we find people who are new to computers even, let alone internet or stock markets and OTOH we find people who have been using the net for more than a decade.

Internet has grown at an amazing rate, mainly due to personal communications. Forums like this have always existed - earlier there used to BBS (bulletin board services) and then there was something called Telnet (which is still in use in many places) and then forums like this, and in last few years blogs, twitter, facebook etc. have come up in a big way.

Some forums are public forums, some are private network, some are general purpose and some are dedicated to a topic.

So, what's your experience with these forums? How long have you been using them?

I got started in 1998, about a year after I started using internet.

sanjosedesi

Adding more context : Using forums actively for 2.5 years.
I probably looked at forums before as an outcome of google search, and probably used some ALT.newsgroups again as a next link from google search.
However I do not think I ever subscribed to anything seriously until about 2.5 years back. And that was a forum unrelated to anything finance. Did not get to TJ until about a year back.
I did not recognize forums as a FORM (standard type of website) until maybe a year back when I started noticing the same format all over. I am sure I saw many before, but never spent enough time to make a picture in my mind.
Internet ... actively since 1996 ... Netscape Navigator (but not Mosaic).

vikrit

trading started in 2010, traderji since oct 2011

why you want to know? is it for any project or something else?

Last edited:
Tradeji since 2009... about an hour...(the day i lost money,the day i make money and the day i don't trade) . I enjoy...by the way who is traderji ...let me guess is it savant sir, is it smart trade, AW10, AMITBE, swing king,4xpipcounter, and last but not least MR.SS ( food for thoughts fame-) and we have our very own UTTAM KAMLESH .

P.S: if my question is offensive by any means.(like i am trying to find who owns this web site)..we can change that in different way; who is the traderji (a great Trader- a new visitor can remodel out their style of trading. I am a fan of Raghav ACC. his real name is Raghav Hegde. I also like other greats in this forum:Mr. SS, Savant sir,swing king, Uttam kamlesh.

well i am not old enough , just joined here few months back , read some good threads, stuffs and some trend analysis.. voila i got some bucks back... hope to learn more and definitely i want to learn and become master in TL as explained by 4Xpipcounter sir ji, 315 Strategy is awesome(by Tradeshunter) and Teach a man to fish...fantabulus by SG sir... just i want to somehow learn , wish i can get some video link.. may be more helpful not only to me but to all other guys enrolled here to learn.
Thanks
Trustmeasfrnd

murthyavr

From 1998.
Started my journey with forums of Microsoft.. :)

Those days used to be funny. Since Internet usage was
a costly affair, we used to configure the newsgroup in
Outlook Express and used to download the messages once
in a while.

I miss OE now..

Klewtar

I started on Traderji about a year back.

My first active forum use was in 04/05 when I got a Shuttle XPC and joined Sudhian forums (on another nickname.) Before that, I only joined question and answer sites when I wanted to ask a question or write a review.

It was nice to be a part of a semi-exclusive forum club. I'm not buying another Shuttle XPC because that machine became dusty and noisy over time.

To all those who responded or voted here, what kind of forums have you experienced ?? I mean general chit-chat forums or dedicated, special-purpose forums like traderji.com ??

Before traderji, my long experience was limited to general purpose forums. But the net is full of forums dedicated to a specific topic. Some are of course, finance related, some for automobiles, software, poetry, some country specific, some humorous etc..