• Sharekhan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IndiaBulls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others(Please Mention)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
are they worth the money we pay for them?
i am not thinking it at this moment may be later

is tiger trade good enough
It's like asking whether a comb is useful, well, it may be useful for someone who has hair & likes to comb it but may be not so much to a bald guy :D So.......there's no "one-fits-for-all" sort of a thing......it depends on each individual's trading-style & trading-needs........

They may've free trials on offer so check'em out for a couple of days & consider whether you'll need what they've got to offer & whether it'll help you to generate higher profits than you otherwise would.

You've done paper-trading for a while, right? So consider the strategies that you've been using & how much & what kind of tools it needs.......consider the strategies that you're hoping to use & the tools it may require & then look up their websites & whether they'll meet your trading-needs at a cost that you can bear.

I wish there was a simpler answer to this but unfortunately there isn't.......because as I've said, we all have different trading-styles & trading-needs & you'll be in the best possible position to assess those..........so look around & try to make an informed decision. Cheers :)

today i spoke with a guy from sharekhan
he told if i put 1.5lacs into my trading account up front then they are willing to give the following brokerage

equities 1.5p intra day 15p on delivery
future 1.5p
and options 60-70rs

also they mentioned something which i found strange they said
that for eg. if a buy 1lot of nifty futures at 5000 and place stop loss at 4920 the stop loss will be valid for only that day.then the next day we again have to place a stop loss
meaning if nifty goes to 4900 via a gap down the position wont close
or if it goes to 5100 then also the position wont close but next day again i have to place another stop loss

can someone clearly this

and do u think its reasonable ?
i think they even might offer 1p if i bargain further

today i spoke with a guy from sharekhan
he told if i put 1.5lacs into my trading account up front then they are willing to give the following brokerage

equities 1.5p intra day 15p on delivery
future 1.5p
and options 60-70rs

also they mentioned something which i found strange they said
that for eg. if a buy 1lot of nifty futures at 5000 and place stop loss at 4920 the stop loss will be valid for only that day.then the next day we again have to place a stop loss
meaning if nifty goes to 4900 via a gap down the position wont close
or if it goes to 5100 then also the position wont close but next day again i have to place another stop loss

can someone clearly this

and do u think its reasonable ?
i think they even might offer 1p if i bargain further
If it's 0.015% for BOTH buy + sell then that's great if you aren't a volume-trader :thumb: but if it's 0.015% + 0.015% then try to negotiate a little more, we can always try you know, if they give it to you then that'd be great :D

Most of brokers have clauses that allow them to charge higher % of brokerage for shares BELOW a certain threshold (it could be 100 or 80 or whatever) so look into that if you're into such low-priced stocks. Further, most brokers have "minimum contract note" clauses which allow them to charge you more than they should on any given trading-day so get clarifications on that as well. Cheers :)

"Good Till Cancelled" orders aren't allowed in F&O -
http://www.nseindia.com/content/equities/eq_ordercond.htm#time
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha-42.html#post496986