• IndiaBulls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others(Please Mention)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanPickUp

As far as FREE charting is concerned , no one will come near to Sharkhan's
TradeTiger with exception of PoweBulls of IndiaBulls.
Common, you not always have to go for the cheap stuff. :lol:

It is like trying the hottest woman you met and comparing it what you really like and are able to do.

Ok, If she was so hot and you not can forget her, then you are in a situation you always want to match it.

:lol::lol:

And we all will find a way to do so. :)

columbus

As far as FREE charting is concerned , no one will come near to Sharkhan's TradeTiger with exception of PoweBulls of IndiaBulls.
Common, you not always have to go for the cheap stuff.
Hi Dan,

In fact FREE in case of Sharekhan or PowerBull is not "Free" in actual terms
since you can access them only after becoming their account holder.

There are PAID services too like icharts ......

Absolute FREE charts can be obtained from Google finance or Yahoo finance.

DanPickUp

Hi Dan,

In fact FREE in case of Sharekhan or PowerBull is not "Free" in actual terms
since you can access them only after becoming their account holder.

There are PAID services too like icharts ......

Absolute FREE charts can be obtained from Google finance or Yahoo finance.
Hi Columbus

Thanks for your updated information.

As you are used to my way of posting: Some times a bit casual :)

Nerveless: I use a lot of free useful information I can get over the net.

But I am very specific, what source I use and what information I want to see.

Just to give you a feedback from side.

Have a nice weekend

DanPickUp

hey!
thank you for your suggestions

if anyone can share which broker they are using it will be great.

also @new-bietrader
"Yeah, Zerodha would cost you something like that........BUT only for the first return-trip of the day (assuming NIFTY at around about 5000), after that though, single-lot return-trips no.2nd, 3rd,.... etc would cost about 115 or so which is pretty close to RKG anyway."

why is this which charges we dont have to pay for the 2nd round-trip and onwards ??

also while talking with sharekhan what brokerage shd i ask for and do they give a demo of their product?

hey!
thank you for your suggestions

if anyone can share which broker they are using it will be great.

also @new-bietrader
"Yeah, Zerodha would cost you something like that........BUT only for the first return-trip of the day (assuming NIFTY at around about 5000), after that though, single-lot return-trips no.2nd, 3rd,.... etc would cost about 115 or so which is pretty close to RKG anyway."

why is this which charges we dont have to pay for the 2nd round-trip and onwards ??

also while talking with sharekhan what brokerage shd i ask for and do they give a demo of their product?
Look, Zerodha's ONLY office is in Karnataka & Karnataka's Stamp Duty is very high @0.01% while other states & brokers have it much less @0.001-0.002%......BUT.....the good thing is that Karnataka has a cap of Rs.50/day........so when when buy + sell a single lot first time during the day then it costs Stamp Duty of [(250000 + 250000) x 0.01% = Rs.50].....it very costly for that trip but since cap of Rs.50 is reached, no more Stamp Duty for the day :D
Here's more on that - http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha-471.html#post593362
BUT.......Zerodha has said that it'll be reduced in the near future - http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha-475.html#post594788

As for the demo, you can always tell them you've 1-1.5 lacs to invest & they might consider giving you a demo :D
As for the brokerage, again, tell them you want to invest 1-1.5 lacs, don't mention any brokerage at first, just see how much they're willing to offer you, then you can ask for something much lower :lol:
Simple rule of thump in economics, while bargaining, as a buyer, try to drag the seller as low as you can, see how low he can go while seller will be trying to drag the buyer upwards :lol: & then the settlement occurs somewhere in the middle.
The best demonstration of this bargaining process can be seen on the markets with "bid-ask spreads" as the "bid" tries to drag the price downwards while "ask" tries to drag it upwards, although it's a form of "silent bargaining" but wonderful tussle to watch, nonetheless. :)

By the way, I forgot to tell you earlier but have you ever considered Bezel? They're offering Rs.10/lot (& in case you're nitpicky about trading-costs like I am :p.......their transaction-charges seem to be much lower than both RKG & Zerodha). If you wish, you can call them up with the number on their website & see if they meet your trading-needs......they also provide Odin. Cheers :)

None :lol:

Look, it shouldn't matter who's using which broker, the only question on your mind should be - which broker is best suited to my trading-needs! Different people have different trading-needs depending on their trading-style & strategies so a broker which may be ideal for one person mayn't be so for another. As I've said in elsewhere, I've met some people who think Sharekhan is the best broker while others think it's the worse! :lol: Cheers :)

ok.i am going for the sharekhan n zerodha combo option then

just one more thing this softwares amibroker/metastock r they available for free anywhere?if not how much is capital is required for them
would i need them if i have tiger trade platform??

i will keep u updated as i talk with the various brokers

ok.i am going for the sharekhan n zerodha combo option then

just one more thing this softwares amibroker/metastock r they available for free anywhere?if not how much is capital is required for them
would i need them if i have tiger trade platform??

i will keep u updated as i talk with the various brokers
Look, these things can cost upto serveral thousands per month so consider whether you're going to be able to make enough profits with their help to be able to bear the relevant costs. Please look into their related sections on the forum for detailed information on them.

Sure, do keep us updated, I'm sure many existing & future members of Traderji will benefit from your experience; afterall, it's the spread of information that make markets more efficient for all of us. Cheers. :)