General Trading Chat

If you don't mind..can you share some tech stuf...like lang and db used...input channels(EOD data/live data etc)..just curious..
I am using standard NIFTY quotes provided by Google Finance and running the algorithms in Matlab...
I am not maintaining any database - as all is real time.
Can you recommend a No-SQL database that maintains this data that is coming out. I would appreciate if someone could help....
This gives rise to a trend of understanding the stocks that are predictable...So you can filter it out better...
And also build up cross-correlation between stocks and model...
Doing this you could tell the time when most stocks do movement...

Last edited:
I am using standard NIFTY quotes provided by Google Finance and running the algorithms in Matlab...
I am not maintaining any database - as all is real time.
Can you recommend a No-SQL database that maintains this data that is coming out. I would appreciate if someone could help....
This gives rise to a trend of understanding the stocks that are predictable...So you can filter it out better...
And also build up cross-correlation between stocks and model...
I have good knowledge of Oracle database ..it's an SQL one..let me know if I can be of any help..
have minimal understanding of bigdata(initial setup level..)

I have good knowledge of Oracle database ..it's an SQL one..let me know if I can be of any help..
have minimal understanding of bigdata(initial setup level..)
Cool, so if you could fetch the real time data at particular time intervals in Oracle DB from the excel - You could boil down to the stocks that would be useful in the long run...

By the way my NIFTY BANK prediction is here - and it has already reached 30590
29163.35-29122.36 28401.31-29593.79 29800.93-30863.52
But in these cases of indices, it is recommended to measure stable market forecast - as it is statistically significant...
So right prediction arm is 29800.93-30863.52

But as an engineer - we always talk of feedback loops...Now if more people are understanding that AI can look into their trends and make profits in India also - they would stop behaving in this way and it would impact the overall behavior of the market....
The traders have to be convinced that the newer way is a better way of making profits than their established methods, before they adopt the newer methods. That's why the members here talk of 1-2 years backtest.

Cool, so if you could fetch the real time data at particular time intervals in Oracle DB from the excel - You could boil down to the stocks that would be useful in the long run...

By the way my NIFTY BANK prediction is here - and it has already reached 30590
29163.35-29122.36 28401.31-29593.79 29800.93-30863.52
But in these cases of indices, it is recommended to measure stable market forecast - as it is statistically significant...
So right prediction arm is 29800.93-30863.52
I have good experience in all these...
easier to save data in csv file and i will put it into db..
even excel will work...
let me know the details how and when it will be required..

I have good experience in all these...
easier to save data in csv file and i will put it into db..
even excel will work...
let me know the details how and when it will be required..
My data is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n2ZtPgvDmW5BnHXVVioaZd4r6Wln1PLfXnoPz2NfJVc/edit?usp=sharing
You can take hourly backup and put in the database...
But the number of stocks and names keep changing - you have to put it in a database in a way that you can find which stock behaved the best

Guys, here's a very important news for the traders and investors.

SEBI maintains some funds to protect the investors from any problems. I think that investors are indemnified upto Rs. 15 lakhs in case of a proven default.

Now the government wants SEBI to surrender most of their surplus funds to the Centre. This will affect the investor protection badly.

Sebi chief questions Budget plan for transfer of surplus funds to govt

In a letter to the finance ministry, Tyagi said the proposed move would affect the functioning of Sebi as well as the securities market

Shrimi Choudhary & Somesh Jha | New Delhi July 18, 2019 Last Updated at 03:08 IST

Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) Chairman Ajay Tyagi has written to the finance ministry, seeking a review of the Budget proposal that mandates transferring 75 per cent of the market regulator's surplus funds to the central government, it is learnt.

In a letter to the ministry on July 10, Tyagi said the proposed move, part of the Finance Bill, 2019, would affect the functioning of Sebi as well as the securities market. He said the proposal was already being discussed by the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC), regulator for the financial sector, and that the amendment to the Sebi Act, through the Finance Bill, could have waited until the Council's final decision. Tyagi argued on the rationale for the regulator keeping a reserve fund and its importance in protecting the interests of investors.

The move has also been opposed by the Sebi Employees Association (SEA), brokers' forum, and many other market participants, saying it potentially amounts to an infringement of the independence of the regulatory body.

An e-mail sent to Sebi did not elicit a response. A text message to Tyagi remained unanswered.

The Sebi chairman is learnt to have met Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman earlier this week on the issue.

“Two provisions — one related to the surplus transfer and the other related to seeking prior approval from the finance ministry for raising expenses — haven’t gone down well with the markets regulator. The provision is under review,” said an official, requesting anonymity.

Another argument from Sebi's side is that the new provision is like an additional tax.

“Sebi levies fees on intermediaries for rendering services but the move to transfer funds would become an additional tax on market participants,” said another person aware of the development.

Sebi’s general reserve was estimated at Rs 3,500 crore as of March 2018 and Rs 3,800 crore in March 2019, according to sources.

The Finance Bill proposes a 75 per cent cash transfer from the Sebi’s general fund to the government’s books, after creating a ‘reserve fund’ of the annual surplus. The transfer is proposed to take place after Sebi incurs all expenses mandated under the law establishing it.

Going by the provisions, Sebi might have to transfer around Rs 2,800 crore to the central government in the current financial year.

Finance ministry sources said the Department of Economic Affairs’ (DEA's) idea behind the move was to “address the issue of accumulation of huge surplus funds” with Sebi. The DEA had checked with the law ministry, which felt the funds received by Sebi “are public money and all public money received on behalf of the government would be part of the public account”.

Sources said it had been a long-pending demand of the government to transfer surplus funds to the public account; Sebi had not agreed. In the past six months, the DEA had apparently held several rounds of discussions with Sebi on this, without succeeding.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...-of-surplus-funds-to-govt-119071800060_1.html

Guys, here's a very important news for the traders and investors.

SEBI maintains some funds to protect the investors from any problems. I think that investors are indemnified upto Rs. 15 lakhs in case of a proven default.

Now the government wants SEBI to surrender most of their surplus funds to the Centre. This will affect the investor protection badly.

Sebi chief questions Budget plan for transfer of surplus funds to govt

In a letter to the finance ministry, Tyagi said the proposed move would affect the functioning of Sebi as well as the securities market

Shrimi Choudhary & Somesh Jha | New Delhi July 18, 2019 Last Updated at 03:08 IST

Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) Chairman Ajay Tyagi has written to the finance ministry, seeking a review of the Budget proposal that mandates transferring 75 per cent of the market regulator's surplus funds to the central government, it is learnt.

In a letter to the ministry on July 10, Tyagi said the proposed move, part of the Finance Bill, 2019, would affect the functioning of Sebi as well as the securities market. He said the proposal was already being discussed by the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC), regulator for the financial sector, and that the amendment to the Sebi Act, through the Finance Bill, could have waited until the Council's final decision. Tyagi argued on the rationale for the regulator keeping a reserve fund and its importance in protecting the interests of investors.

The move has also been opposed by the Sebi Employees Association (SEA), brokers' forum, and many other market participants, saying it potentially amounts to an infringement of the independence of the regulatory body.

An e-mail sent to Sebi did not elicit a response. A text message to Tyagi remained unanswered.

The Sebi chairman is learnt to have met Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman earlier this week on the issue.

“Two provisions — one related to the surplus transfer and the other related to seeking prior approval from the finance ministry for raising expenses — haven’t gone down well with the markets regulator. The provision is under review,” said an official, requesting anonymity.

Another argument from Sebi's side is that the new provision is like an additional tax.

“Sebi levies fees on intermediaries for rendering services but the move to transfer funds would become an additional tax on market participants,” said another person aware of the development.

Sebi’s general reserve was estimated at Rs 3,500 crore as of March 2018 and Rs 3,800 crore in March 2019, according to sources.

The Finance Bill proposes a 75 per cent cash transfer from the Sebi’s general fund to the government’s books, after creating a ‘reserve fund’ of the annual surplus. The transfer is proposed to take place after Sebi incurs all expenses mandated under the law establishing it.

Going by the provisions, Sebi might have to transfer around Rs 2,800 crore to the central government in the current financial year.

Finance ministry sources said the Department of Economic Affairs’ (DEA's) idea behind the move was to “address the issue of accumulation of huge surplus funds” with Sebi. The DEA had checked with the law ministry, which felt the funds received by Sebi “are public money and all public money received on behalf of the government would be part of the public account”.

Sources said it had been a long-pending demand of the government to transfer surplus funds to the public account; Sebi had not agreed. In the past six months, the DEA had apparently held several rounds of discussions with Sebi on this, without succeeding.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...-of-surplus-funds-to-govt-119071800060_1.html
but how it will affect traders/investors ? ..GOI is must stable body when compared to SEBI .. is in it ?

but how it will affect traders/investors ? ..GOI is must stable body when compared to SEBI .. is in it ?
In a democracy - it's not about the government but also about independent institutions...
SEBI is an independent institution....taking away its power does not make sense...
Also probably someone is looking into the messages in the forum - now this step might prevent investors to do unreasonable trades which are driven by political interests...but traders can't take the money out easily - So what will they do now...

This is Economics 101 - I was talking about this....
See IMD can't make high resolution forecasts - but I cracked the code there - but people still listen to stupid companies like Skymet.

So I won't think it would take 2 years for traders to move to new systems - already alarm bells are ringing.

Now people will stop investing into India if this trend continues..