General Trading Chat

Blackhole

Good to know that you also keep such a record. I also use it with daily updation in following format.

Regards

View attachment 34224

EDIT: Copy paste not showing proper image.
u should keep daily charts , daily data range ,open interest...whatever u fell necessary.....in case of data I even keep open interest snapshot of 15 min....believe me data always reveal something.....even if ur caught off-guard and u again study the same u will find something that interest u or teaches u.

u should keep daily charts , daily data range ,open interest...whatever u fell necessary.....in case of data I even keep open interest snapshot of 15 min....believe me data always reveal something.....even if ur caught off-guard and u again study the same u will find something that interest u or teaches u.
I keep all those things. Thanks for suggestion.

Yes you are right that by studying own charts and my feelings during some particular bar, I learn maximum. More than any book.

If I don't fill excel sheet by hand than I miss many things.

"Back in the spring of 1720, Sir Isaac Newton owned shares in the South Sea Company, the hottest stock in England. Sensing that the market was getting out of hand, the great physicist muttered that he ‘could calculate the motions of the heavenly bodies, but not the madness of the people’. Newton dumped his South Sea shares, pocketing a 100 per cent profit totalling £7,000. But just months later, swept up in the wild enthusiasm of the market, Newton jumped back in at a much higher price—and lost £20,000 (or more than $3 million in [2002–03’s] money). For the rest of his life, he forbade anyone to speak the words ‘South Sea’ in his presence."

Reproduced above is a paragraph from Saurabh Mukherjea's book "The Coffee Can Investing- low risk way to stupendous wealth" on stock investments of Sir Issac Newton. Sir Issac Newton was a great scientist who invented his famous "Laws of Motion" .....

Reading the way he invested and lost money I felt that we are not alone in making such investing mistakes...we have a company of some great minds in the world:D.....

Smart_trade

cloudTrader

Last edited: