General Trading Chat

wisp

Copypasting combo rules from another forum :

There are two versions of TD Buy Combo system. One is a flexible version and one is a strict version. We will only take into account the strict version as it is more reliable in the long run.

TD Buy Setup + Check Perfection + TD Combo Buy Countdown Rules = TD Buy Combo System
Once the TD Buy Setup is completed, these are the rules which are to be followed for completion of TD Buy Combo System. Remember TD Buy Combo system has only 13 bars. First 9 bars will be of TD Buy setup but only those of the first 9 bars will be selected which satisfy the conditions mentioned below. I will give a detailed example as this is little confusing. For now just note the conditions.

Close must be lower than or equal to low two bars earlier
and

Each TD Buy Countdown low must be less than or equal to low of prior bar/candle
and

Each TD Buy Countdown close must be less than previous TD Buy Countdown close
and

Each TD Buy Countdown close must be less than close of prior bar/candle
Now that conditions are covered I will just say the approach we take in numbering bars. This will clear out the approach.

Step 1: Complete TD Buy Setup and Mark Bars 1-9

Step 2: Once TD Buy Setup complete Mark only those bars of TD buy setup as TD Combo Buy Countdown bar which satisfy 4 conditions above.
TD Sell Combo System

There are two versions of TD Sell Combo system. One is a flexible version and one is a strict version. We will only take into account the strict version as it is more reliable in the long run.

TD Sell Setup + Check Perfection + TD Combo Sell Countdown Rules = TD Sell Combo System
Once the TD Sell Setup is completed, these are the rules which are to be followed for completion of TD Sell Combo System. Remember TD Sell Combo system has only 13 bars. First 9 bars will be of TD Sell setup but only those of the first 9 bars will be selected which satisfy the conditions mentioned below. I will give a detailed example as this is little confusing. For now just note the conditions.

Close must be greater than or equal to high two bars earlier
and

Each TD Sell Countdown high must be greater than or equal to high of prior bar/candle
and

Each TD Sell Countdown close must be greater than previous TD Sell Countdown close
and

Each TD Sell Countdown close must be greater than close of prior bar/candle
Now that conditions are covered I will just say the approach we take in numbering bars. This will clear out the approach.

Step 1: Complete TD Sell Setup and Mark Bars 1-9

Step 2: Once TD Sell Setup complete Mark only those bars of TD sell setup as TD Combo Sell Countdown bar which satisfy 4 conditions above.

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Found (not really found) another useful way of dealing with positions which immediately go against you after entering or enter a state of stalemate,
Partial Loss Booking i.e. offloading 50% of loss making position, may keep the original stop loss for remaining half quantity.

arsh22g

Does anybody use Zerodha Pi's screener? Just want to know if it works correctly, I haven't received any alerts from it ever :(

Coding is correct, no issues there.

Fundootrader

Found (not really found) another useful way of dealing with positions which immediately go against you after entering or enter a state of stalemate,
Partial Loss Booking i.e. offloading 50% of loss making position, may keep the original stop loss for remaining half quantity.
This for intraday ?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
@vivekbro,
u may try loading nest charts 2.10 in new ZT nest. for me nest backfill started working.
its not urgent, concentrate on ur trades 1st. u can do it after 3.30 also. :)