General Trading Chat

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I suppose TB will suggest his "own creation", RTDman. :D
??
OK ok , yes it's tc's creation right, but you didn't tell me how to use it for nifty futures, it uses nest charts for feed I think, and that failed to work on my system. What to do now?

wisp

da, I have marked some pl breaks in SBIN chart after RBI news. SBIN also broke 1h mpl today and went into a bit of grinding trend channel that accelerated late afternoon. Are these entry/add points ok when in VT Down/Hourly Pivot break?
Some of the pivots are nested pivots and one is simple mtr on minor trend change failure. I will exit them on mph break/Entry BO Bar hit etc.
thanks

ST Da
TOday in Nifty 3 min, there were no proper pivots to trade until after 12, am I correct? Were there any trades, we could have taken earlier?

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
OK ok , yes it's tc's creation right, but you didn't tell me how to use it for nifty futures, it uses nest charts for feed I think, and that failed to work on my system. What to do now?
Btw the nest which we r using is gonna retire by 7th april 2016. have to compulsory update new version. maybe it will work then..:)

TracerBullet

I suppose TB will suggest his "own creation", RTDman. :D
??
For learning traders, to keep expense minimum - i use it + backfill periodically to align data with NOW Historical stats (for missed ticks). But paid feeds in theory should be better, whether it matters - i dont know - none of them will be tick perfect.

It uses RTD server data - which is same as whats sent to excel. You can try josh's RTD tool which will give you GUI over it + option to Backfill automatically.

vivektrader

OK until then please pm me vwap etc. for nifty futures for next three days:)
(Vijkris)

vivektrader

By the way , this whole exercise is nothing but the way you conceived it in your thread.
Combining vwap with pivots

Btw the nest which we r using is gonna retire by 7th april 2016. have to compulsory update new version. maybe it will work then..:)
The new version (3.11.4) does not seem to support NestPlus charts. Posted it in Zerodha thread.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
By the way , this whole exercise is nothing but the way you conceived it in your thread.
Combining vwap with pivots
as tp Bhai reported abt nest. my mcx z fully dependent on nest plus backfill. it seems have to go for gdfl if prob is not solved. :(

same with nf as well..