General Trading Chat

Fundootrader

on friday nifty was more bullish but BNF not supported , Today BNF holding ground , nifty weak :lol::mad:
BNF (future) stuck at day's tick average - 17037 - But decent momentum in all banking stocks - specially major index movers - expect at least another 50-60 point move - provided Nifty also moves 40-50 points

Unfortunate but very true Ravibhai. People are ready to help but they cannot tolerate hate posts, one upman posts, fights,they have better things to do in their lives. We members are also at blame....when the negative people start fights , we remain as silent spectators....sometimes we enjoy the fight and also instigate it for some cheap thrills...

Smart_trade
Maybe we ought to develop a culture of reporting offensive posts (without responding to them or quoting them otherwise). Maybe the older members can contribute more that way too.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
once in my thread HEM bhai was active , somebody asked him to show contract notes for proof of how he is consistently taking good trades :mad:
pratap also not much active due to same things and many more such instances :(
but you guys dont worry, TP bhai will share his experience , once successful :D

Blackhole

once in my thread HEM bhai was active , somebody asked him to show contract notes for proof of how he is consistently taking good trades :mad:
i had seen those post...both were good traders!:)

Yes someone even asked another very large trader for contract notes....I know that trader and his daily turnover will be more than entire TJ traders turnover...much more in fact...asking him to prove by contract notes is a joke or arrogance personified....

Smart_trade

Thanks ST da, nice post. :)

How do we use hedge for swing position? Say, we are short at 7960 in current case , so on the day of trigger we buy ATM CE or OTM CE? I guess buying ITM or deep ITM CE for hedge will not be very useful, as we are expecting down trend to continue ( & thats why we are short in futures)

Can we hedge using options in such a way that Theta and vega does not hurt us?

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

If you are asking for Nifty Future,10-15 points is too less in swing trade.Stops typically are 30-35 points away but when the trade goes in favour we are looking to make 150-200-250 points from it .So Reward to Risk ratio is good.

When we take a swing position, on that day one has to be careful. If the market closes above our sell level, then we close the positions and take fresh positions next day or atleast protect with a hedge. Once the market moves 40-45 points in favour, then the trailing stops come to either breakeven or small profit levels.

Smart_trade

lemondew

Yes ravi bhai,

I too will share all my tips and tricks to be successful. Just wait till I know how to be successful. Not sure when that will be :annoyed:

vikas2131

UK walo ko to apna experience sabse phele share karna tha :D:lol:

Thanks ST da, nice post. :)

How do we use hedge for swing position? Say, we are short at 7960 in current case , so on the day of trigger we buy ATM CE or OTM CE? I guess buying ITM or deep ITM CE for hedge will not be very useful, as we are expecting down trend to continue ( & thats why we are short in futures)

Can we hedge using options in such a way that Theta and vega does not hurt us?

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna
Detailed subject GK but will post that some day.....too many posts today...quota finished:D just joking...

ST