General Trading Chat

nirav_j

NSE-BSE must think of increasing market time to at least 5PM.
When Currency Derivatives market of NSE-BSE is open till 5PM. That is not a big problem for them to extend it upto 5.
Actually some lazy fund managers & big old brokers loby preventing it.

For summer time 3:30PM is too much early to close the shutters down for equity market. Is not it? Still very much energy left for trading.. :D

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.
H.C.
even the govt employees work 9-5 ... guys who work at brokerages, dealers, back office guys, they oppose it tooth and nail .. extending MKT hours to 5pm i.e.

Someone needs to remind them abt MCX working hours !!

candle

We are investors and when the company does not perform for years, we instead of sympathising with the sector it is in etc...we vote with our feet that means we get out of that company and move to other companies which are performing in the market....that is what we are supposed to do....

I had a large chunk of RIL shares few thousand shares...but shifted from RIL to TCS,Asian Paints...axis bank....which outperformed the index.

Smart_trade

ST sir,
Nothing personal, out of curiosity, what is your total portfolio size? Just asking, trying to correlate it with the amount of humbleness that u possess.

regards

Thanks to ST da's emphasis I saw the episode "Chai Garam Hai" yesterday on Youtube.

I must say the fundamental points highlighted by the panellists were worth noticing. Ridham also mentioned about the order books of companies and said that we'll see the results about it in 3-6 months. They mentioned that the MAT issue has been resolved, though it was handled a bit inappropriately. But the conviction with which Ridham Desai and Nilesh Shah spoke about Nifty at 8000 being an superb buying opportunity definitely gives confidence of holding longs in one's portfolio.

PS: I'm not sayings charts are not our guide however having such additional knowledge does no harm to a trader :)
Yes...things are improving on ground..I was listening to an interview they did to assess urban demand....a Maruti dealer in Mehsana is selling 5000 Maruti cars per month today as against 3000 he used to sell 6 months back...so we have to start getting the evidence that things have started looking up....

Charts will be there...we will trade long as well as short...that is trading part...but for longer term investments we need to know the state of economy..then only we can derive maximum benefits of the coming bull markets. We have to have conviction on the country's growth.....Somebody rightly mentioned this as " for catching the bull market you need conviction backed by data .....you cannot catch a roaring bull market by a 3 day RSI chart..it will give overbought and oversold readings every 5-6 days in a 5 years bull market."

But people saying that enough is not done will always be there...it is like saying glass is half full or half empty....they have their reasons and there conviction too...nothing wrong in that, we always have two sides in the market. There will be corrections in the market as no market goes up in straight line.

Smart_trade

ST sir,
Nothing personal, out of curiosity, what is your total portfolio size? Just asking, trying to correlate it with the amount of humbleness that u possess.

regards
Such information is never revealed in open forums...but it is of sizable amount that is all I can reveal.

Smart_trade

Jai Mata Di

day traders will get worn out if time gets increased:D to 5pm from current closing time for indian stock exchanges.:lol:
Thats is not true. As a day trader you can choose your time to trade. If u missed early trade, can compensate with some late trade too (another 1 hour means more opportunity). :p
Waiting for Evening Crude Oil trading after some work out in Home Gym to refresh again.

More hungry now, as wasted enough time today(Time is money) but not got enough reward for that. Got only few points from shorts in last 30 min (missed the early trade due to some other work :p).

Best Wishes & Happy Trading
H.C.

Tlahuicole

ST bro,

Consider the scenario, a trend goes in down direction since morning, was strong but now loses momentum and starts to go in channel, still making LL and LH but the distance between consecutive LL and LH are getting reduced on each new LL/LH created, now in channel we cannot treat it as a strong trend hence we can trail profits only on visible pivots and not on every candle or so else we will be taken out prematurely. Now, the channel also loses strength but still price has not taken out a PH/PL, but we can see that the recent pivots are rejecting prices, so in this case should I treat it as sideways and trade sideways system, or I have to wait for trend break out only as per your view.

Sorry if I am vague, I got confused on checking a price chart :confused:

eg: 12th May TataSteel chart after 1:30PM. Not able to paste the whole 5 min chart as single image, hence mentioned the date.

When you get time kindly suggest ST bro.

Last edited:

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
Given the current OI data, looks like Nifty is going to spend the time till expiry between 8300 to 8500, and eat up the option premiums.

amitrandive

Its totally wrong 2 blame a company as a whole fr d underperformance while ignoring d full picture wch in dis case is d OIL n GAS sector.
Just consider d fact dat d BSE OIL n GAS index touched a high of around 14000 in d yer 2008 while currently its quoting at around 9500. Even other biggies like ONGC,CAIRN,OIL,GAIL,PETRONET etc r in line wid RIL.Its only bcoz d stock was a glamour game of ystr years dat one tends 2 focus solely on its vulnerability compared 2 its peers while though its a matter of concern fr nt rewarding its shareholders.
Almost 50% of the group’s gross capital employed is not generating any returns.Why not to analyse under-performance when it has a weight-age of 4% in the Nifty Index?

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...g-despite-strong-earnings-115042000695_1.html

Have not added the star performers since 2009 to this chart.

Last edited:

amitrandive

We are investors and when the company does not perform for years, we instead of sympathising with the sector it is in etc...we vote with our feet that means we get out of that company and move to other companies which are performing in the market....that is what we are supposed to do....

I had a large chunk of RIL shares few thousand shares...but shifted from RIL to TCS,Asian Paints...axis bank....which outperformed the index.

Smart_trade
Totally agree with you.
Should we sympathize with a stock for any reason even if it is under-performing and keep our capital locked in hoping for the best?

Any reasons to sympathize with under-performers?

We as traders/investors should always be on the lookout for better opportunities and not be married to any stock or company for that matter.

Some good links

http://www.davemanuel.com/2008/07/30/dont-get-married-to-a-stock/
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2013/1...ut-life-while-daytrading-millions-of-dollars/