General Trading Chat

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
how does new settlement mechanism affect future trading in stocks? if settlement is done on expiry, we are free to trade until expiry ? Or does brokers start charging more as expiry comes near?

As I see it, next month contract will start trading more during the end days of current month expiry.
And what does this mean when the demand on the next month is higher as now? Is this the question you may ask?

DanPSup

Alexa must also tell whether trader can take nature's call now or he/she need to wait for sl/target:DD...jokes apart trading is a solo job... boring if u r taking less trades and not seeking excitement...so koi sath me bolne vala aa Jaye to achha hai...
Well, Alexa will even analyze when you furth and at what time in case you did not know about this. It will even analyze what ever you speak with others for analyzing language purposes only for the good of the people. Isn't this great or what do you have against Alexa?

toocool

View attachment 34588

If you are going to trade intraday, then just concentrate on visual trends and minor pivots.I have marked a blue line above which the visual trend changes to up...and red line below which it changes to down. Once you know the points where the trend changes, then use any minor pivot for entry......

15 min timeframe is too large for intraday. I prefer 3 min or max 5 min.

Smart_trade
Smart Trade Ji

if you find time. please post how to exit the trades in pivot method , we would be highly appreciating the efforts , you once said that if one knows the pivot method well then there is absolutely no doubt on how to trade and exit at all , everything is well defined ................and exiting is the most important aspect of trading in my opinion , one can easily initiate the trade but exit is what makes or breaks the deal ..................please consider it as a humble request as i am not going to leave this method , as this is one of the most superb method ever .

regards

DanPSup

Smart Trade Ji

if you find time. please post how to exit the trades in pivot method , we would be highly appreciating the efforts , you once said that if one knows the pivot method well then there is absolutely no doubt on how to trade and exit at all , everything is well defined ................and exiting is the most important aspect of trading in my opinion , one can easily initiate the trade but exit is what makes or breaks the deal ..................please consider it as a humble request as i am not going to leave this method , as this is one of the most superb method ever .

regards
If it is the most superb method ever is to value on the results when you compare it to other methods. For intraday traders it may is or may not, for others it is just a valuable tool to use in any analyzes done for the next entry in any trade.

PreSap

Smart Trade Ji

regards
Hello @toocool bro,
For starters you might want to look at VJAY bro’s learn how to fish thread. Once you are done with it, you would want to go through Subhadip‘ Pivot method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DanPSup

Hello @toocool,
For starters you might want to look at VJAY bro’s learn how to fish thread. Once you are done with it, you would want to go through Subhadip‘ Pivot method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dear Presap

Toocool is a very old member here and knows about many thing in this forum So I guess we not have to teach him about any thing what was goin on in the past in this forum. Any way: Love your attitude you do help others. Take care.

augubhai

how does new settlement mechanism affect future trading in stocks? if settlement is done on expiry, we are free to trade until expiry ? Or does brokers start charging more as expiry comes near?

As I see it, next month contract will start trading more during the end days of current month expiry.
This week, some brokers are not providing intraday margins for the contracts that have to be physically settled. Depends on the broker.

Some brokers do not allow physical settlement of contracts at all. That makes sense in my case, since I have not even linked any demat account to my trading account.

Today morning, when I checked, the volumes of the next month's contracts were really low compared to the current month contracts, though the volumes improved towards the end of day. I may end up trading a few of the next month's contracts tomorrow.

raju.vzm

Hi ST sir,

While filling it returns, can we square of short term capital loss with long term capital gains? I think earlier this is not the case.

So can we square off previous years short term capital loss also with this year's long term capital gains?

If we can square off, 1 lakh profit limit for LCG will come after adjusting this square off?

Sent from my Realme1 using Tapatalk

raju.vzm

While filling itr form2, declared LCG for around 12k. Though it is under the limit of 1 lakh, It is added to the salary income while calculating tax amount.

Any one facing this issue?

Sent from my Realme1 using Tapatalk