General Trading Chat

Fascinating stuff.
As I said, I am doing this exercise with two intentions...

First - I work on something called smart village. You might have seen Paani Foundations work. So I want to make a trading exchange in the future for Climate Change that impacts changing human behavior - and trading in commodities.

Second - Since Raghuram Rajan has also spoken against these practices of going to debt market. I understand there - they you use complete algorithmic trading and drive market sentiments for their own benefits....There is a fear that like demonitization - these markets would be used to steal money.
But if Indian small-time traders are smart - and can use AI in combination with their brains - I guess this uneven playing grounds could be levelled and we might truely have free market economics....

My training is as Climate Change economists.....
Yes, Trump's tweets are reflected in many stupid trades made....so their psychology is in the data and the distances take care of stocks behavior to such stupid tweets.
But my intention is - if individuals are capable of making good decisions - then Trump might not dare.

I follow the work of CD Deshmukh who has dreamt of market economics without the greed of wall street based on understanding Indian civilization - I am trying to implement this....

Also as I said, market will begin at 11691 - it did reach 11683 in the first 15 minutes of trade. Now if it has a tendency to go up, it might reach 11750 today.

iwillwin

Bhai it's easier to predict one day....but did your algorithm predicted choppiness for few days...how does it predict in sideways or range bound markets...does it predict stocks - all liquid and illiquid or u have a minimum criteria of turnover or volume...
If the model is successful in all kind of markets....u will be the most sought after person in Indian/abroad markets...
I just want to say that since you are testing ur model/algorithm can you share any technical basis for ur targets on index or stocks....else it appears u are here to sell your algorithm or raise money for academic interest....

Guys

I have always maintained that human intelligence can't be replaced by artificial intelligence. AI is just a tool to help human intelligence make informed decisions...

What you are saying - are the statistical factors and if you know the rules of statistics - understand how Gaussian function works, you could make intelligent guesses on this data.

I am not a trader - but my intentions are question if there is doubts votes can be stolen and so is market can also be modulated. But if more people make informed decisions - probably democratic processes could be built.

Now I tried it for NIFTY just to test. Now I give you an example of what my algorithm is doing.
So for Indigo - its now at 1451....my algorithm points out these predictions:
Aggressive Forecast: 1455.78 - 1463.54
Conservative Forecast: 1429.94
Stable Market: 1521

Now in today's market scenario - it has a tendency to swing between 1455.78 - 1463.54....Now if it reaches the peak there (and you can use Graph theory to understand the peak) - then it might fall down to 1429.94
So this might happen over the days time - so I guess you can see the choppiness in the data. Also when it crosses 1455.78 - you have to become little attentive as what is happening in the market as a whole.
This is why my KNN runs on real time - tracking movements in the market.
Now it has an overall tendency to go to 1521 - but it might happen in weeks time or months time...
So each stock has a different behavior for which you have to use your intelligence..

My technical basis is just the regression equation based on the distance of the stock to global fluctuations and fluctuations in Indian markets....It understand when government pumps in money etc and help you take informed decision...

And Academic interests are for society as a whole - what's wrong if I share this data over here and get feedback. Now you could call it marketing or academic exercise - but that's free market economics and democracy. You have a right to your opinion after I expressed my interests.

Riskyman

What are foreign currency bonds issued by the government ?? Anyone has any experience with them ?

RSS wing says India should not issue foreign currency bonds

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/i...not-issue-foreign-currency-bonds-4212691.html
FCB is nothing but a bond issued in a different currency other than the rupee. Lets say USD.
For Ex. A person can buy bonds for 1000 usd. When he sells it or upon maturity he will get his money back in USD. So here he will not be at the mercy of exchange rate. This is extremely helpful for foreign investors as their exchange rate risk is fully mitigated.