General Trading Chat

yes
But what I posted in my previous post was for branded medicines and not for generic medicines.

Generic medicines are available at 10 to 40% (depending on medicine) of price of branded medicine. But sometime, its availability is a problem at JanAushadhi counters.
Yeah. Also, there is a paucity of Jan Aushadhi shops in Delhi. In Surat, there are many many generic medicine shops now, besides Jan Aushadhi shops.

Yeah. Also, there is a paucity of Jan Aushadhi shops in Delhi. In Surat, there are many many generic medicine shops now, besides Jan Aushadhi shops.
Not now, there are many shops now in Delhi itself (may be still short compared to Delhi population)
Even in Rohini there are 5-6 JanAushadhi shops. Nearest being about 1.5 km in Avantika (for me). The main hurdle for opening a JA shop is the exorbitant rent/cost of the shop itself and so you will find more shops in outer Delhi areas. And secondly the mentality, that only costly medicine work. Thirdly doctors do not mention generic name of the medicine and so it is difficult for a common man to look for generic product

Not now, there are many shops now in Delhi itself (may be still short compared to Delhi population)
Even in Rohini there are 5-6 JanAushadhi shops. Nearest being about 1.5 km in Avantika (for me). The main hurdle for opening a JA shop is the exorbitant rent/cost of the shop itself and so you will find more shops in outer Delhi areas. And secondly the mentality, that only costly medicine work. Thirdly doctors do not mention generic name of the medicine and so it is difficult for a common man to look for generic product
Rohini is huge, a city by itself :) I am in sector 18, and the nearest one is somewhere in sector 5, near Ambedkar hospital. The distance prevents one from visiting there. Better to visit the government polyclinic and get it prescribed.

The cost of production (COP) of most med is 1/10 or less of its market price. For e.g. paracetamol can be produced for as little as Rs.5 per strip. Once the combination is known it does not take much to produce medicines. But then you need to add QC/QR costs, marketing costs. These costs sometimes are more than the actual COP.

For innovator companies too once the combination is known, the COP is not much. But to get to production, sunk costs for cancer meds are hundreds of millions of dollars - R&D, animal trials, 4 phase clinical trials, marketing. You also need to recover costs of failed R&D and clinical trials.

The actual margin for cancers meds are sometimes 100x. But then the market price includes the above costs as well.
Yes, the initial cost of production is only cost of tableting using a tablet machine. In kgs the cost of the medicine (the salt) is very very less. But as you said QC/QR costs, marketing costs add up a bulk of it.

I am planning to buy another TV for my home. These days many new brands like VU, MI etc are available in the market thats too with cheaper rates from branded televisions like SONY, LG etc.
Can anyone gives some reviews if they are using the VU or MI televisions. I am thinking the screen size approx 49 inches in FHD variant non smart TV.

ocil

Check TCL brand. Compare to MI and UV TCL is batter.

I am planning to buy another TV for my home. These days many new brands like VU, MI etc are available in the market thats too with cheaper rates from branded televisions like SONY, LG etc.
Can anyone gives some reviews if they are using the VU or MI televisions. I am thinking the screen size approx 49 inches in FHD variant non smart TV.

Better buy a smart TV. You can get online contents from likes of netflix, amazon and youtube which are far superior than regular tv soaps. Also if price is not much go for ultra hd (4k) for your tv size.

My 2 cents

Edit: no need to get online video on demand now but it will future proof your options
Actually I think to get a non-smart TV and use device like chrome cast or fire stick in future whenever required.
And ultra HD option is good but comes with smart TV having bigger screen size. :confused: